T-Shirt Forums banner

P600 0x80 error

[DIY DTG] 
20K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  flops69 
#1 ·
I have Epson p600 with UFO base. I've been testing with standard inks, but one channel has been clogged, so I decided to take the out and clean it. After the cleaning all I get is 0x80 error when I turn the printer on.

Nothing has changed but I cant seem to pass this error. Is it the mainboard? How to check if the FUSE is blown and where is it located?

#5 ·
I cant remember exactly what was the error, but you should check all connections once again and also check if everything was done according to videos and manual. I've missed some sensor or pin and after that all was good. This is some small error and kinda easy fix, just can't remember exactly what it was.

#9 ·
In my case 0x80 error occured also after cleaning. During cleaning the cleaning solution went into the head electrical connection. It made short circuit there may be it was not completly dry or the uv ink is very corrosive and damaged the connection pins. Two cable pins burned out at the connection point.
Now the question is wich one is wrong? The head the man board or both? I ordered a new main board for about 100EUR + a head cable for 20EUR. If I'm lucky it will solve the problem. If I'm not lucky the new ordered board can be damage by the head. If the head is damaged better to buy a new complete printer.

#23 ·
I removed the cables from the printer and used an ohm meter to check continuity. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the cables. Of course, now that I think of it I just checked for continuity not resistance.

I'll check the cables again, but if it's not the cables then it comes down to three things:

1. It's the LED panel

2. It's the Epson Main Board

3 Somehow the T-dozer board is causing the LED Panel to malfunction. That I doubt since it should have absolutely no role in controlling/interfering with the LED display.

FYI, I'm now looking at going the OpenDTG.org route, but first I have to get the LED Display to work.

And with that the hell with T-dozer!

#29 ·
We have had the 71H problem. It seems to be solved by replacing the CN6 cable from the sub board to the main board. After several ins and outs the CN6 connection appears to get loose and there is intermittant contact. Our sometimes dead panel problem is related to poor contact on the CN4 and CN5 main board contacts. The CN4 corresponds to the CN1 on the panel and the CN5 corresponds to the CN2 on the panel. These two connections feed the the panel and complete the circuit(s). Now moved on to 80H problem

#31 ·
Re: P600 0x80 error our fix

On our machine it registered as an 80H problem which meant main board was dead. Ran a voltage check as well as a continuity and everything checked out.

With the machine on,(a no-no) we wiggled the L and CO connections on the Spectra Board and everything fired up. No problems since.

The L and CO cables go to the control panel. If they receive no current the main board will be read as dead. It is because it is not getting current to the necessary places.

#32 ·
Re: P600 0x80 error our fix

On our machine it registered as an 80H problem which meant main board was dead. Ran a voltage check as well as a continuity and everything checked out.

With the machine on,(a no-no) we wiggled the L and CO connections on the Spectra Board and everything fired up. No problems since.

The L and CO cables go to the control panel. If they receive no current the main board will be read as dead. It is because it is not getting current to the necessary places.
OK thx for the reply. Think I got bigger problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.