T-Shirt Forums banner

P600 Waste Ink Pad won't reset!

[DIY DTG] 
15K views 61 replies 13 participants last post by  wazifn 
#1 ·
P600. I have the Adjustment Wizard.

Printer flashes the Waste Ink Pad error, I do a "check" and they're at 95%. I run the "initialize" sequence, power off printer, power back up, run a "check" again and all are at 0%.

Run prints for an hour. Error pops up and shows at 96%. Run "initialize" again, shows 0%.

Run prints for an hour. Error pops up and at 97%. Same cycle.

Now error shows 98%.

Any ideas?

#4 ·
Nope. Bought three different reset tools, all show reset to zero and then it immediately jumps to 80-90% within a few prints.

Major dilemma. I print hundreds of shirts a day sometimes and resetting every fifteen minutes is time consuming.

#5 ·
Just an update: one of my P600s finally went to 100% (was waste resetting 3X a day!) and won't reset anymore. I even bought the $10 WICReset version with the one time use code, reset it to 0%, and it went immediately to 100% again. The WICReset guys sent me a free code and same issue. Thankfully I have a spare P600 so that one is printing but my #3 machine is up to 20% with 3X a day resets and slowly climbing, and my #2 machine is up to 95% with 3X a day resets (it was 94% for the past week).

This is an issue and it appears the hackers selling the apps want to blame something in the printer. I'm wondering if the new sideboard firmware might be part of the issue.

I'm trying to track down a parts P600 that I can swap the other boards with to see if I can get things working but right now it's a grievance and a huge cost concern. If I only get 1-3 months out of each P600, it's going to be $500-$700 down the drain needlessly.

#12 ·
Right now I've talked to a few people who swear they're resetting their waste ink pad but when I ask them to do a demo video, zero of them are willing to. Which to me means they aren't.

We are all able to reset the pad to 0% but after 1-2 prints, it bounces right back up to where it was before.

If you're a high volume shop like we are, you can lose 20-30% a month in value, which puts the clock at 3-4 months before the printer is shut down.

I ordered a bunch of different boards, etc, to see if I can find a solution. I have tried 4 different reset apps and spent over $150 on them and none of them work properly.

I talked to an actual engineer and he told me the sideboard that handles things is probably filtering or blocking the actual reset from the EEPROM somehow, so it means the sideboards probably need adjusting. But so far, no one has a solution and no vendors want to admit there's a flaw. I even had a new vendor (they're not on here) outright lie to me that their solution works but they refuse to show it on video, and I asked one of their customers to video his reset and his also doesn't reset (and he's going ham on the vendor for a solution).

#13 ·
I used a program to reset it but the first reset only lasted 2 weeks. Then after that it went downhill. Now I cant even start up my printer without needing a reset. I used my printer around 1-2 hours a day. I got a good 5 months out of it before this. There has to be a solution, otherwise, I'd be getting a new printer every few months. Would be ridiculous.

#14 ·
I am getting replacement boards to see what part needs to be replaced. There is no way we HAVE to replace the entire printer when it's probably a board that can be swapped (and sourced from Compass Micro or similar).

I'd be 100% fine with replacing a $100 board every 3-4 months if I have to.

#20 ·
I don't believe the hardware is actually identical in every way.

I have a feeling that Epson wanted to crush some DTG conversions (because of their own overpriced DTG boat anchor) and stunted the P600 when they brought it out. It wouldn't surprise me, at least.

I love my P600s but the waste ink issue is one huge problem and I definitely would switch to an R3000 if I had the option initially.

#25 ·
As i said I'm still not in this situation but I'll be soon, WIC reset doesn't show me anything obout firmware, in the description of the software is written but just that..
I was thinking obout the eeprom dump despite people said doesnt work I would try.
I open up my motherboard again and write down the code of chips (maybee one of these is the eeprom) trying to find a datasheet, but surprise, epson is the manufacturer and casually ther's nothing I could find.
I know some people working in elettronics but without a datasheet they cant do nothing....
we have to find a solution guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.