T-Shirt Forums banner

P600 Waste Ink Pad won't reset!

[DIY DTG] 
15K views 61 replies 13 participants last post by  wazifn 
#1 ·
P600. I have the Adjustment Wizard.

Printer flashes the Waste Ink Pad error, I do a "check" and they're at 95%. I run the "initialize" sequence, power off printer, power back up, run a "check" again and all are at 0%.

Run prints for an hour. Error pops up and shows at 96%. Run "initialize" again, shows 0%.

Run prints for an hour. Error pops up and at 97%. Same cycle.

Now error shows 98%.

Any ideas?

#31 ·
I need to replace my DIY sideboard with the OEM version and see if the waste reset works that way. I also have a new mainboard I'll install tomorrow to see if that gives me a fresh counter.

Compass Micro doesn't even sell the P600 mainboard so I'm wondering if they're just not available as replacement parts, which would be unfortunate.

#34 ·
treefox2118 what do you mean with OEM sideboard? like change sisterboard in ufo kit but other tipe?
Yes, that sisterboard.

Someone of you get epson adjustment program provided by a youtube video at this mail 1915611409@qq.com? you know if this work ? says illimitate times reset...
None of those reset programs work at all. I've spent over $150 on reset programs, reset keys, etc. None of them work, period. I've tested them on THREE P600s and all 3 died within 2 months of production.

The P600 is not ready for production, period. I am a bit peeved that I've spent so many thousands of dollars only to have dead machines so quickly. I had to refund thousands of dollars in orders because they rapidly go to failure. I've reset the waste ink tank sometimes 12 times in a day only to watch them creep up 5-10% in a single day during busy production. I've done 300 shirts in a day on a P600, but when the waste ink tank goes up 10% there's no point in trying to stay ahead of it.

I am talking to M&R now about getting an M Link printer because I have a feeling that no printer under $20,000 can really handle high output production. It's unfortunate, I had a lot of hope for these little guys and thought I'd just keep a few spares around but it just isn't for me.

If you print only 100 shirts a week, the P600 will probably last you a year. But I can't make money at 100 shirts a week, I would go bankrupt in 4 weeks at that volume.

#35 ·
Are sure compass micro doesn't sell them or did you just look on the website? I know with the r3000 many parts were available to the resellers that weren't listed on the website.

What does Spectra tell you about this issue?

They should be able to get you a new Epson P600 mainboard for less than $150.

#36 ·
Are sure compass micro doesn't sell them or did you just look on the website? I know with the r3000 many parts were available to the resellers that weren't listed on the website.
That's a possibility, I'll call Compass Micro tomorrow and inquire.

What does Spectra tell you about this issue?

They should be able to get you a new Epson P600 mainboard for less than $150.
Spectra has been great, they mailed me a new mainboard. The problem is I don't see changing mainboard out as an efficient solution. I can get 200+ shirts a day on average in sales and we have had days double that. If I have to change a mainboard out frequently on all my printers, it's going to just cost too much in parts and labor. By the time you get to the two year mark, you're looking at the cost of an industrial printer after all is said and done.

The ink cart reset delay is bad enough sometimes. It's fast, thankfully, but it seriously slows production down and we do get wasted shirts from a darker band pass after the reset.

The P600 is an awesome step for a new startup but once you get to any sort of higher volume, I don't think it can hold its own.

Maybe the P800 will be different, something to look into.

I'm going to look at industrial printers this week. We just can't have this stress daily, I've blown out two P600s and the third one is going to be 100% in a few weeks since all my jobs go to one printer.

#38 ·
if you read in the previous post somone talks about eeprom dump (I think you mean that) and he says it doesnt work....
Personally now I purchased a r3000 in case I have so much trouble in the future with the reset.
It seems r3000 doesnt have all this problem, but anyway I'll have to trow away a brand new p600, it sucks.......

#39 ·
The P600 should have parts swappable with the R3000 I believe. So the P600 is not junk.

Also, you should be able to print THOUSANDS of shirts before the waste ink situation happens to you. Honestly, it's fine if you're doing 12-20 shirts per day. We can print 300 shirts in a day and that crushes the waste ink setting too quickly. For new startups, the P600 is fantastic.

#40 ·
I think that must be reset to zero of the motherboard - put the first firmware and after upgrade with the latest version.
anyway there must be a trick because if you send your sc-p600 in epson for delivery of a zero waste ink pad should not change the motherboard - which is logical
there must be a trick to get into the motherboard and make the delivery to zero

#43 ·
During this time i've tryed to find other feedback on resetter about p600 in tdozer facebook group, the users tell me the same story and nothing new, until the administrator wrote in a post that people use to reset p600 without problem and link a page of epson assistence where is possible to have a regular reset from the manufacturer that reset the printer but block the moterboard to this a second time.
So for him the problem was using the wrong programm will lock the motherboard to do this again.
He told also now there's a new version of resetter that work !!
I was quite happy to have some raesonable answer and then I ask whats the name of this resetter.
Nothing answer at all.
I found it a joke because normal user are telling the same story, and finally pop out this guy telling everything can be solved!! no problem!! (yes because you sell kit for p600 conversion and if people would know they are running in trouble nobody buy this)
I dont like this messing around. I was also advised by people here in the forum about things like this.

#47 ·
hello all,

i confirm like the others ones that WIC lastest version 5.0.7 from 9th of August 2016 and adjust program resetter will reset your printer to 0 but after few prints or one head cleaning your counter will go up to the original value you got + small % then you will arrive at one stage above 100 % directly so the printer will not allow you to do anything. Exactly as Brian explained in the 1st post.

So i decided to change the mother board. Dominique the reference is 2172775 and the reference for the OEM version is 2162408. I am located in France and i bought it in germany. you can google the reference you will find it.

Now as this is my 1st machine i am blocked. I changed the main board and when i restart it i arrived direct with 6 choices on the printer screen from printer inspection mode to normal mode. The printer didn't even begin the startup sequence with the head movement. So i chose the normal mode and the startup sequence works but then i got the message that the cartbridges are not recognized. I guess as this is in chinese or japanese. i can read the firmware of this board which is AT29E9 whereas the old card got the firmware AT23F3, the fatal error code is 00H. So i am wondering if the issue can come from the firmware...or anything else? if you have any idea, process to follow when you change a mother board please let me know. Tx in advance for your answer!

#49 ·
Tx Andy! nope i cannot as the printer doesn't have the status ready to print. now what i did notice is that when the printer do the startup sequence you can see written on the printer screen ultrachrome K3 which is the old ink instead of ultra chrome HD. I can understand why the printer doesn't recognize the cartbridges... So i seems this is firmware issue but i cannot find anywhere that version AT29E9. I am wondering if this is an older version actually and if i can simply install the AT23F3 by using the espon firmware installation.
Any idea is most than welcome! tx again!

#54 ·
I'm have the same issue right now, My P600 is saying its at the ink pads are at the end of its service life but when i use the adjustment program to reset it and print around 2-5 shirts the error messages come back that the service life is at its end. I used to the adjustment program to reset it around 5 times already and it still comes back and won't even allow me to print at all. Can somone please help? has anyone figure out how to solve this issue?

Thanks

#55 ·
read all the discussion up and I think you understand better.
Someone here fix it changing the mother board and replacing firmware, but I'm not able to say more because i didnt do it yet.
Someone sad there is a program able to reset p600 but until now no one told us the name.....
the most common software run in the problem you are talking obout..

#56 ·
Got some good news guys, I contacted 2Manuals (WicReset) and they told be that they had to recently update their software for the P600 because it was not resetting the ink pads, so he sent me the link to download the updated software and a free key, and finally it worked like a charm. I did run a few prints afterwards and checked the counter and everything looks good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.