T-Shirt Forums banner

p600/t-dozer 0x53 Error - ASF Assy/ASF Motor

[DIY DTG] 
7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  wotm8 
#1 ·
I'm trying to get my new build up and running, but it stops at step 6 of the initializing sequence...
[media]http://i.imgur.com/78bDsjI.jpg[/media]
Here's a video where you can see it finishes the ~1 second rotation, and then beeps/errors out with the 0x53 on the front screen.
https://youtu.be/TUtbBfTpiv0

Any ideas on what I should be messing with? The disc/sensor is clean. I've also made the belt more tight/lose as well as moving the sensor more/less into the disc.

This is using the t-dozer board and electronics.

#3 ·
So... I bought a 2nd printer in hopes that I screwed something up my 1st go around. I now get the same error 53 on this new printer.

Either I'm very consistent with messing up printers, or possibly one of the reused parts is damaged. I'll try again tomorrow.

I was taking my time double checking connections on both printers, so doubt i plugged them in wrong.

Are there other parts besides the motor and sensor that aren't part of the asf assembly, but that would affect it somehow... a sensor perhaps?

#4 ·
After countless hours, I've finally SOLVED the 0x53 error... such a huge relief. So I have built 2 printers that had this error, and was extremely careful about everything that I did, so had a hard time imagining that I plugged something in wrong - I didn't. I tried comparing what Jeff German did in his videos to what I did, and the only difference was that I didn't run the printers before tearing them apart. Simply put, RUN THE PRINTER ONCE BEFORE YOU DISASSEMBLE IT. So simple.

I figure that perhaps the printer stores info about its condition in permanent memory(or it's last bootup), and since I didn't run it, and removed a bunch of the sensors, it didn't have a record of if the sensors function properly.

I realized this, by plugging in the trashed "paper feed switch" into the ASF board, setting it to open, and then booting up. It worked. I then powered down,unplugged, and also unplugged this paper feed switch. When I turned it on again, it still worked... even though the switch was no longer there.

#6 ·
After countless hours, I've finally SOLVED the 0x53 error... such a huge relief. So I have built 2 printers that had this error, and was extremely careful about everything that I did, so had a hard time imagining that I plugged something in wrong - I didn't. I tried comparing what Jeff German did in his videos to what I did, and the only difference was that I didn't run the printers before tearing them apart. Simply put, RUN THE PRINTER ONCE BEFORE YOU DISASSEMBLE IT. So simple.

I have the same problem. So if its already disassembled I might as well trash it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.