[DIY DTG] My Alien Bunker DIY DTG Epson 1430 Build for Less than $30 - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] My Alien Bunker DIY DTG Epson 1430 Build for Less than $30

Like Tree33Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 22nd, 2018 Mar 22, 2018 7:31:08 AM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My Alien Bunker DIY DTG Epson 1430 Build for Less than $30

Awesome. (note how many spent 20 minutes watching your videos) At the final price one can afford several setups for the redundancy that will prove necessary.
And at 6 minutes 30 second print on white time, two printers bring production to 3:15, still twice as long as the $20,000 models,,, but I'm good with that! With two the investment is still less than $1,000 for equipment.
What pre-treat, if any, are you using and....
Have you found a pre-treat that will allow 'on-black' printing?
Off to alien.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2018 Mar 22, 2018 10:51:07 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibanyan
Are you pertaining to the Nikko DTG? if so i am planning to purchase 1unit from him but the V1 only just to test and get a grip of the DTG process ... can you tell me or share your experience on his printers? thanks
Mine is exactly the printer you would get. The V1.

Feed uses the paper feed motor.
No bezel for the platen.
Difficult to adjust platen height.

But apart from that, it's a perfect machine to use!

Feed using motor is just a fact. Nothing negative about that.
No bezel but you can make one, and it prints fine without one.
Adjusting the platen is a pain but you only do it once, so it's a non issue long term.

I can't say anything valid and bad about this printer!

It's exactly what you need, nothing you don't. The V2 has a better feed and platen system with bezels, but it's not necessary. Quality is just as good on the V1 since the printer is the same in both!
jibanyan likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to GunnyJeeves For This Useful Post:
DaveSmithe (July 11th, 2018)
Old July 5th, 2019 Jul 5, 2019 5:49:19 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

There are some on eBay. Might not be your exact printer, but I'd recommend this:

Buy a cheap $50 Epson printer to use.
Buy a plan set off eBay. (It will be less "blueprint" and more "video how-to" but will tell you how to do it)

Tear in and convert that printer.

It will either work or not. If it does, you can more confidently do your real one. If it does not? Then you are only out about $60 and didn't ruin a nice printer.

I'd expect within Epson brand, most parts are similar enough in function to translate. Screw counts and locations might be different but an inkjet printer kind of just is an inkjet printer.

I know you're in for these steps.

1. Clear the bottom for a platen (sawing)
2. Move the paper feed systems (sensing, feeding and measuring bits) onto your platen.
3. Reassemble and align them so the motor will feed the platen instead of paper.

Tough bit I would think is "Don't warp or destroy the printer assembly in the process".

Hope this helps.

This is a discussion about My Alien Bunker DIY DTG Epson 1430 Build for Less than $30 that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in