[DIY DTG] Resources for building your own dtg machine. - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Resources for building your own dtg machine.

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 22nd, 2012 Aug 22, 2012 5:47:36 PM -   #46 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Resources for building your own dtg machine.

Does it print white an what bulk ink system can you use for the EPSON C88

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 24th, 2012 Aug 24, 2012 6:57:11 AM -   #47 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Alexandre

HI, i cant open the videos. Someone help?

Old September 11th, 2012 Sep 11, 2012 7:07:53 PM -   #48 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9810
HI, i cant open the videos. Someone help?
yeah... me too....

it seems that the video was gone...

Old November 1st, 2012 Nov 1, 2012 9:28:05 AM -   #49 (permalink)
Forum Member

can someone send me the plan? here is my mail [email protected]
thanks

Old March 2nd, 2013 Mar 2, 2013 11:59:55 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

can anyone please send me the plan for making dtg printer ^_^

please send it to [email protected] thank's guys

Old March 8th, 2013 Mar 8, 2013 8:32:24 AM -   #51 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Frank da Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM UK
The big $150 diy dtg thread has gotten so big now, it is taking people hours to read it. As people keep repeatedly asking where to get more information, especially the plans and the videos, I am putting some of the links here, so people don't have to keep breaking into other threads.

Plans...... Made my own DTG Printer for $150

Videos.... DIY DTG Printer - Truveo ??????

Forum Section: DIY DTG - T-Shirt Forums

Yahoo group.... homemade_dtg : Homemade_DTG Direct to Garment Printer

If you have other links to add to this list that will help people find the resources and supplies to build their own diy dtg, please feel free to contribute.

Thanks to Rodney for giving the DIY DTG its own category....

Those that can - build, those that can't - buy.
Idk if this will help but just sharing the information as I come across it. There is a DTGDIY video that shows an Epson 1400, the guy who made it says he used Acrorip full version with dongle to solve the "white ink" issue. He specifies which ink he uses which is good but you have to use it everyday to keep the the ink line clog free and clear. To me what makes a DTG worthwhile is being able to print on dark shirts. The other part is the feeding mechanisim which has to be dead on for registration purposes. So I hope this helps Custom UK in improving or perfecting your DIYDTG

Old March 23rd, 2013 Mar 23, 2013 5:32:05 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Cindi

Getting ready to build my own dtg since i simply can't afford to spend $6,000-$10,000 right now. Wondering if an Epson Stylus 4000 would work for this? Hope someone can help me with this? Thanks in advance

Old March 23rd, 2013 Mar 23, 2013 5:39:18 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Cindi

Can you tell me where he explains all this? The video only shows him printing no sound? Getting ready to build own dtg and need to be able to print white, but that seems to be the remaining question for the build. Thanks

Old April 3rd, 2013 Apr 3, 2013 3:28:43 PM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Rudy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindicam
Getting ready to build my own dtg since i simply can't afford to spend $6,000-$10,000 right now. Wondering if an Epson Stylus 4000 would work for this? Hope someone can help me with this? Thanks in advance
An epson stylus Pro 4000 is a very good candidate for a dtg. There is quite a lot of info in the old $150 dtg thread but none with this printer. I wish I had one to work with because it has enough cartridges to make a white and color dtg.

First off get a service manual if you don't have one already. I have one if you need one. The concept is the same as any other built so don't be intimidated.

Old July 8th, 2013 Jul 8, 2013 9:40:57 AM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Norbert
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Thanks to Spider and German for all the work they have done.
Here is the clue book:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1Jx...NWc/edit?pli=1

The Following User Says Thank You to quickflicks For This Useful Post:
german13 (July 9th, 2013)
Old July 10th, 2013 Jul 10, 2013 6:13:23 AM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickflicks
Thanks to Spider and German for all the work they have done.
Here is the clue book:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1Jx...NWc/edit?pli=1
Ahh, The original one that started it all, I reference the early work to the model T There have been vast improvements thru the years from the original, eliminating the belt drive etc. etc. so these plans are kind of antique per say. Its actually much better in the wood version due to strength and temp flux tolerances/ cost! Plastic has a high expansion/contraction rate with temperature fluctuations The plastic version was a great concept for aesthetics but most don't have the required plastic welding skills/tools needed for a solid construction! you see a lot of folks trying to sell there old plastic pieces/ and shells for this reason! there have even been some commercial attempts and most have issues with the plastic breaking because its glued instead of welded. you really need to be a certified plastic welder with experience to fabricate the plastic versions of any fabrication plan. A lot of them are failed diy builder scraps or Johnny come lately profiteers trolling the forum for a quick buck! jumping in and out of threads with quick one liners for the advertisement but have no actual experience, knowledge to help others (there easy to spot )! ! these types never actually got one working or have videos to prove there build and require you to assemble/ position critical components. just be careful what you buy-it may be someone's trash or snake oil con jobs! we have all seen eBay ads- the "complete diy dtg guide cd for only 99.95" authored by willy wonka with there detailed resume history. Lol or the "I have these spare parts that I don't need anymore" If your in the T-printing biz you need spare parts, if your in the selling parts biz, you don't. lol Do your homework folks get references look up domain name owners (you will usually find they own 30 other quick scam domains and or sell/sold other similar trinkets) Spend your money wisely like on popcorn and refreshments while reading the forums here to get all the info to accomplish your task.
If your a diy'er starting out and on a low budget go wood, you cant go wrong its cheap and strong! use a local carpenter if you lack the wood cutting tools/skills. still cheap!
It was a great stepping stone for those starting out, I have had several customers that started there business with diy units, and grew there business. Quite a few followed me to where im at now graduating to commercial units! thanks for the support and loyalty

Last edited by german13; July 10th, 2013 at 11:02 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
Smalzstein (July 11th, 2013)
Old July 10th, 2013 Jul 10, 2013 8:42:06 AM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Rudy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
The original, I reference the early work to the model T There have been vast improvements thru the years from the original, eliminating the belt drive etc. etc. so these plans are kind of antique per say. Its actually much better in the wood version due to strength and temp flux tolerances/ cost! Plastic has a high expansion/contraction rate with temperature fluctuations The plastic version was a great concept for aesthetics but most don't have the required plastic welding skills/tools needed for a solid construction! you see a lot of folks trying to sell there old plastic pieces/ and shells for this reason! there have even been some commercial attempts and most have issues with the plastic breaking because its glued instead of welded. you really need to be a certified plastic welder with experience to fabricate the plastic versions of any fabrication plan. A lot of them are failed diy builder scraps or Johnny come lately profiteers! most never actually got one working or have videos to prove there build and require you to assemble/ position critical components. just be careful what you buy-it may be someone's trash!
If your a diy'er starting out and on a low budget go wood, you cant go wrong its cheap and strong! use a local carpenter if you lack the wood cutting tools/skills. still cheap!
It was a great stepping stone for those starting out, I have had several customers that started there business with diy units, and grew there business. Quite a few followed me to where im at now graduating to commercial units! thanks for the support and loyalty
Spoken like a true DIYer

The Following User Says Thank You to priest For This Useful Post:
german13 (July 10th, 2013)
Old July 24th, 2013 Jul 24, 2013 2:00:05 PM -   #58 (permalink)
Forum Member

I wan to make DTG with my Epson R230 and Epson T13
can you help me for it ?
I need tutorial or ebook, i wan to try it my hand.

Thanks.

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 4:36:05 AM -   #59 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lum11
Does it print white an what bulk ink system can you use for the EPSON C88
I see nobody here reply this old question, so here I am try to help. I am sure that epson c88 can not print white ink because it only has 4 colour CYMK..If you replace one of CYMK with white ink, the output result will not be good..

Old October 8th, 2015 Oct 8, 2015 3:30:00 AM -   #60 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

i have any difficulty to write in english, i'll try do it. buon giorno a tutti .

This is a discussion about Resources for building your own dtg machine. that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in