[DIY DTG] DIY R3000 stopped printing - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] DIY R3000 stopped printing

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 28th, 2015 Oct 28, 2015 7:27:05 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Russ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Unhappy DIY R3000 stopped printing

Hi,
we have a diy build DTG based on the Epson R3000.

It's run very well for over two years but suddenly we were getting some "shadows"on the prints so we decided to do a full ink charge through to cleaner then back to ink again..

Now the yellow and black wouldn't print - not a trace of ink getting through. We checked the cartridges for blockages but nothing there, all flowing nicely.

We checked the head for damage but it seems fine.

Next we bit the bullet and stripped it down to take out the dampers (which are buried just above the head) - On taking them out we flushed these through but it seemed there were no blockages there either..

When we put it all back together the yellow was suddenly flowing fine (we saw no apparent reason for this) but the black was still not flowing at all)

Is there some other likely point of blockage we can check out? or does anyone have any clues as to what we should do next? (fyi we don't use white ink in this printer - it was just too much trouble so we replaced the white ink cartridges with cleaner cartridges - so we only use the standard four colours on white shirts..

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Russ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2015 Oct 29, 2015 4:39:04 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Default Re: DIY R3000 stopped printing

On doing a couple of ink charges after flushing the dampers it appears the black ink isn't making it as far as the dampers..

Any help Guys?

Old October 29th, 2015 Oct 29, 2015 7:47:54 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Johnson
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Maybe it's clogged...
Maybe there's no ink on the cartridge..
Maybe you forgot the Air cap on the CISS tank closed..

Old November 2nd, 2015 Nov 2, 2015 6:53:56 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnson
Maybe it's clogged...
Maybe there's no ink on the cartridge..
Maybe you forgot the Air cap on the CISS tank closed..
Thanks for replying but we're not going to strip a printer down to taking out the dampers without first checking out the cartridge, ink level or CISS first...

Old November 2nd, 2015 Nov 2, 2015 10:18:23 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: jgabby
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Well, a friend of mine got same problem, after tearing is hair, we found the cartridge was faulty.
As soon as he replace it, a quick head cleaning, back to printing !

How often do you change your dampers, normally it is recommended to change all 3 months.

Last you talk about ink charge which make me thought you have chip that reset to full level anytime you reset whatever the ink level is, where did you get them.?
The only I had, reset to full only once it is empty.

Cheers

Old November 5th, 2015 Nov 5, 2015 3:04:54 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgabby
Well, a friend of mine got same problem, after tearing is hair, we found the cartridge was faulty.
As soon as he replace it, a quick head cleaning, back to printing !

How often do you change your dampers, normally it is recommended to change all 3 months.

Last you talk about ink charge which make me thought you have chip that reset to full level anytime you reset whatever the ink level is, where did you get them.?
The only I had, reset to full only once it is empty.

Cheers
Thanks for the interest :-) we have tried changing the cartridge but no joy there. We have not changed dampers before and we spoke to the guy who built the machine for us and he never mentioned changing them as often as that.

Yes our cartridges sit in little blue frames that have a button on them to reset the ink levels at any time the machine is turned off. They came with the machine but I should have a good search on ebay if I were you.. If you find somebody selling a CISS system you could ask them where to get them - they should know..

Old November 6th, 2015 Nov 6, 2015 6:29:22 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Kevin

Clogged up print head, soak that puppy over night in cleaning solution, in the morning pull the ink lines and suck in reverse to clear out the dried ink

Sent from my SM-N910T using T-Shirt Forums

Old November 9th, 2015 Nov 9, 2015 4:52:36 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteredair
Clogged up print head, soak that puppy over night in cleaning solution, in the morning pull the ink lines and suck in reverse to clear out the dried ink

You hit the nail on the head my friend. We reverse syringed the black line in the head and it cleared it"

Just needed to get some plastic pipeabout 1/4 inch thick to connect the syringe to the printhead - back in business now (and learned something )

thanks!

Old November 9th, 2015 Nov 9, 2015 10:26:47 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Kevin

Glad I could help, I did a cleaning in my ultrasonic cleaner about every 1000 prints and used the same printer for over 3 years. Recently just changed out to a new printer cause I gota good deal on a 3880 but the old one is still sitting in storage just in case.
Might have to make it into a uv printer so I can do that as well.

This is a discussion about DIY R3000 stopped printing that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in