[DIY DTG] Ufo 3880 diy dtg - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Ufo 3880 diy dtg

Like Tree10Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 1st, 2015 Feb 1, 2015 10:06:51 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ufo 3880 diy dtg

Do you have to use different dampers other than the ones that come with the 3880
If so which ones are recommended?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2015 Feb 1, 2015 11:50:04 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookson
Do you have to use different dampers other than the ones that come with the 3880
If so which ones are recommended?
It's a straight up 3880.

Old February 1st, 2015 Feb 1, 2015 12:23:23 PM -   #48 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you
I have ordered my system and will keep people posted on my experience as I go through it

Old February 5th, 2015 Feb 5, 2015 11:27:10 AM -   #49 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Killroy
Did you put any original ink in your printer at first or strictly DTG ink from the start?

Old February 5th, 2015 Feb 5, 2015 12:32:08 PM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Killroy
Did you put any original ink in your printer at first or strictly DTG ink from the start?
I used the Epson inks first. I would suggest you do the same to save your DTG ink. You can play around with the rip settings to see how the adjustments work. Don't be discouraged of the vibrancy of the Epson inks. When you add in the DTG ink "DuPont" it will pop. I would think also when the rip was setup it was profiled with DuPont in mind. You might have to do 2 ink charges to fully clear out the lines. I wouldn't use a strong cleaner. They make flushing solution that is safe to run through your printhead. I would do 1 ink charge and print a few things and wait 30 mins and do the second and so on until it's fully cleared out. You can also set up the platens with the Epson inks. You can check the registration "White & CMYK" with Epson inks. You can print out some shapes, it will think it's printing the white but you just want to make sure the colors are lining up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to killroy For This Useful Post:
Graveslab (February 13th, 2015), Plesau (March 1st, 2016)
Old February 5th, 2015 Feb 5, 2015 12:49:48 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Wanted to let people know that on video file0212 of the conversion you don't have to use force when removing the plastic pieces. You just need to push up and pull back the they will come out. I also took the black bottom piece off sooner than instructed. You can get to the screws better. Nothing has to be done by force.

Old February 7th, 2015 Feb 7, 2015 2:58:44 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Killroy I would like to know some info regarding the UFO Printer system do you know what specific parts is uses:

Normal Stepper motor or hybrid stepper motor (what torque, how many Amps.)
What driver is uses for the stepper motor (good reliable one or just a cheap one)
Does it use sensors to stop the table when it reaches the end or when in the right print position or switches.
What kind of power supply 24, 36, 48 V
does it have an emergency stop button?
what type of pulleys are used for the motor and idler? MXL GT2 - number of tooths?

Looking forward to hear from you if you could share any details

Old February 11th, 2015 Feb 11, 2015 5:03:48 AM -   #53 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Kilroy
What did you do with the black auto feed piece? Did you modify yours and if so do you have a picture of how you did it? That seemed to be the only step of the conversion that was overlooked.

Old February 11th, 2015 Feb 11, 2015 5:31:24 PM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Cookson, I too am interested in purchasing one of the UFO table kits. I read mainly good reviews here and how David is very helpful.

However I have have sent David several Emails asking some questions and he only answered one of my 4 Emails. What's has been your experience with communication?

I'm sure he is very busy but not having Emails replied to makes me a bit uneasy.

The Following User Says Thank You to joedough For This Useful Post:
Plesau (March 1st, 2016)
Old February 11th, 2015 Feb 11, 2015 5:40:59 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

David has responded to my emails consistently. Even with this issue he responded quickly. I was looking at kilroys pictures of his machines. I was wondering how he did his.
The set up is great.

Old February 11th, 2015 Feb 11, 2015 6:07:31 PM -   #56 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey, thanks. I'm not sure why he's not responding to me. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old February 11th, 2015 Feb 11, 2015 7:40:24 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Exclamation Re: Ufo 3880 diy dtg

Hey All,
Just wanted to share a little something...I have the UFO system and it works great. Dave was helpful, However, I just found out that the platens that are supplied with machine from UFO, are infringing on a U.S. Patent. thru Livingston Systems LLC and Legal actions are being taken so be aware before you buy. I was surprised I was using something I wasn't supposed to be using.
You can contact the main office at Livingston for more information on the matter. The company is very professional and their products are by far the best I have seen. Just wanted to share and make folks aware of that info so please don't send me any hate mail or mean comments please. Thank you so much
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Machine_003.jpg (741.5 KB, 202 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to dpanta1967 For This Useful Post:
Livingston (February 12th, 2015)
Old February 11th, 2015 Feb 11, 2015 8:17:33 PM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

HI there,
Just wanted to contribute my share...This one is the one I converted, and I have the spare under the desk. It may not look like much, but it prints great and I am happy with it. However, the platens had to be replaced as I found out from Livingston Systems there is a patent infringement on the UFO supplied platens. Other than that, I am a happy lady with this unit !! Thanks for reading!

BTW, using Firebird Inks...

Left pic using ekprint
right pic using Acrorip

I have to thank my bud Kevin, I couldn't have done this without him. You know who you are!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Foiled_bob.jpg (517.9 KB, 364 views)
File Type: jpg Machine_003.jpg (741.5 KB, 382 views)
File Type: jpg Barrel_sample.jpg (608.0 KB, 337 views)

Last edited by dpanta1967; February 13th, 2015 at 01:27 PM..

Old February 12th, 2015 Feb 12, 2015 10:12:09 AM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Kilroy
What did you do with the black auto feed piece? Did you modify yours and if so do you have a picture of how you did it? That seemed to be the only step of the conversion that was overlooked.
Mine is modified. It's small enough to put inside printer. Here's some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FILE0085.JPG (109.4 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg FILE0086.JPG (74.2 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7245.JPG (52.1 KB, 149 views)

Old February 12th, 2015 Feb 12, 2015 10:21:36 AM -   #60 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you
That is what I was looking for

This is a discussion about Ufo 3880 diy dtg that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in