[DIY DTG] Build DTG printer A3+ with Epson R1900 - Page 6 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Build DTG printer A3+ with Epson R1900

Like Tree18Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 8th, 2014 Jul 8, 2014 7:15:41 PM -   #76 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Build DTG printer A3+ with Epson R1900

after he removed the delay.h still he have the same error occurring.

I will tell you what,I think no problem with the source code. the problem is with the stepper motor and the driver.

this is the source of what I saying

Driving Stepper Motors at High Speed

Stepper motor stuttering / losing power at higher RPM's - Arduino Forum

I dont wait something in return if this overcome the error, and enjoy it guys. and if not I tried my best to figure the solution

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2014 Jul 8, 2014 8:47:59 PM -   #77 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Rudy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binjoder
after he removed the delay.h still he have the same error occurring.

I will tell you what,I think no problem with the source code. the problem is with the stepper motor and the driver.

this is the source of what I saying

Driving Stepper Motors at High Speed

Stepper motor stuttering / losing power at higher RPM's - Arduino Forum

I dont wait something in return if this overcome the error, and enjoy it guys. and if not I tried my best to figure the solution
Like I told you before the code is simple and only do an analog to digital step conversion with the help of the arduino clocking. The term speed you're referencing is totally different to what is mention. It was a bad choice of word to explain what was intended.

What he was trying to explain is that when the printer is moving the motor in a constant motion it was much faster than when it was printing. When the device is printing it is moving slow enough not to cause a problem. But when it was moved in a constant motion it gave an error (the delay time was too long). The arduino got lost because it was missing some of the pulses sent. The printer was giving the error.

I think you need to get off this and do a little more testing and you will figure it out.

I do not have the hardware that is required to test this physically and can only provide speculation.

Last edited by priest; July 8th, 2014 at 08:55 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to priest For This Useful Post:
mazino7982 (September 6th, 2015)
Old July 8th, 2014 Jul 8, 2014 9:08:51 PM -   #78 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Your adjustments are in the lines "delayMicroseconds(10)"

Old July 8th, 2014 Jul 8, 2014 9:52:16 PM -   #79 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by priest
Your adjustments are in the lines "delayMicroseconds(10)"

Mikistromar did this modification with no success.

and this is his note about the problem :

higher move encoder stepper motor slow down, I used a direct port manipulation code but no change. Still stepper motor is losing the signal.
With an oscilloscope I measured the signal from the encoder and produces signals from 1000ms to 50microS depending on how fast you turn. If you turn encoder to 1300rpm produces signal 50microS. Error occurs when the encoder sends pulse of 600 microS.

Higher move encoder stepper motor slow work, HELP! - Arduino Forum

and I am stick with replacing the motor drive with this company http://www.geckodrive.com/ stepper motor drive

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 3:55:46 AM -   #80 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I went through the posts and saw what was happening. I tough it was a given that a stepper controller with micro steps control was needed but he was not using one. He was chasing the wrong dog. Also trying not to reveal too much info was also making it hard for others to understand.

Some controllers like the easy has a set step degree of 1.8 degree step. The sophisticated ones has switches to change the step size. This would give an alignment problem not speed.

Last edited by priest; July 9th, 2014 at 08:43 AM..

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 7:21:32 AM -   #81 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

priest from your point of view , can you classify the cause of the error or failures in order? and what is the solution to overcome these failures ?

from your point of view \please

Is the cause software error (source code need modifications)? or hardware error which cause this failures and need to be replaced? or both software and hardware ?

Last edited by binjoder; July 9th, 2014 at 08:22 AM..

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 8:25:53 AM -   #82 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Let me see if I can explain this the best way I can.
The code appear to be fine except for the delays. If you wand a fast response you would not delay anything. The end result you are trying to achieve is a 1 to 1 ratio. If the printer send a hundred pulses to get your platen to move one inch then it better would move one inch or your timing is off. If your timing is off you get a paper jam error on your printer. This is a commond hurdle builders have had with numerous builds. You will have this problem even with a stepper driven platen. Some of the printers like the 1900s have a paper roll option and the paper feed sensing can be eliminated if the printer is set to paper roll. The 1400s do not have the roll paper feature. But in paper roll setting if the ration is not 1-1 you get gaps in between print lines or over printing line on line.

Solution with stepper: Find a controller that can provide the option to adjust the step increments and set it where you have a 1-1 match.

Have a look here: http://www.anaheimautomation.com/man....T8xSbNSQ.dpbs

Last edited by priest; July 9th, 2014 at 08:49 AM..

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 11:32:16 AM -   #83 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Since I'm spending so much time on here talking about this I'm going to take it on as a project.

I will have to go dust off my scope, clear some space on my desk and sort out a few resistors.

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 11:42:54 AM -   #84 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Please correct me if I'm wrong, from what I understood Miki first used Arduino Mini with easydriver and the code he provided here is for this version.
Later he switched to the Arduino Duo witch requires other code because it's a more advanced piece of hardware operating with different ports. etc
Also Duo version works at 3.3V while mini version works at 5v.

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 11:44:27 AM -   #85 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by priest
Since I'm spending so much time on here talking about this I'm going to take it on as a project.

I will have to go dust off my scope, clear some space on my desk and sort out a few resistors.
Since you are going to take on this project I'm very excited to see your future updates.

Regards !

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 11:51:03 AM -   #86 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Miki

It is true that believes not the native language is English. Difficult for me to write professionally what I mean.
It is true that explore for more than 6 months but I after hard work finally succeeded. The problems were that the rapid movement of the encoder Arduino program failed to send pulses driver stepper motor. Therefore, I am looking for help on the forums but without success. No one was able to help me with this problem.
That's why I began writing again new Arduino code. The codes are completely changed and are written so that the pulse from the epson encoder not the lose.
So i can now prints at resolutions of 360x360, 720x720, 1440x1440 ...And i now print without the rip program as, for example, Corel Draw X5.
Now add the program to be able to move the table with the Arduino board. So that all communication with the printer and moving the tables on the Arduino board.
By using only two buttons.
When complete all send video.
svdneto likes this.

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 12:03:11 PM -   #87 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Miki

Quote:
Originally Posted by adytt
Please correct me if I'm wrong, from what I understood Miki first used Arduino Mini with easydriver and the code he provided here is for this version.
Later he switched to the Arduino Duo witch requires other code because it's a more advanced piece of hardware operating with different ports. etc
Also Duo version works at 3.3V while mini version works at 5v.
I tested the Arduino mini and due. I thought it was due fastest and the problem will be solved but I was wrong. With the same code work exactly the same way.
So that the Arduino mini with 16MHz powerful enough for all the operations we need for DTG printer. Too bad no one helped me and I had everything all alone to explore.

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 12:09:49 PM -   #88 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Kudos to you Miki. I figured you incorporated pulse width modulation (pwm).

Old July 9th, 2014 Jul 9, 2014 10:25:06 PM -   #89 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Very good Miki, looking forward for your new video

Old July 10th, 2014 Jul 10, 2014 3:48:49 AM -   #90 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I did some research and found that this sketch is in the public domain. There has been very little change to the original. The original author claim it is a general script with limitations. The biggest drawback is the "digitalWrite" function get to slow at fast pulses. This sketch is dead in the water.

But all is not lost. It is a known fact that this is the case with the arduino library and there has been numerous amount of fixes for this. Maybe this sketch can still be used just modified.

Last edited by priest; July 10th, 2014 at 04:21 AM..

This is a discussion about Build DTG printer A3+ with Epson R1900 that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in