[DIY DTG] White outline on images after printing the color over the white - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] White outline on images after printing the color over the white

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2013 Aug 9, 2013 6:47:45 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Daniel
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Unhappy White outline on images after printing the color over the white

Hi, how are you guys?

i'm using an Epson R3000 as a DTG Printer and since i got it something really curious is happening in most of my prints in color garment.

Theres always a white outline that remains visible even after the color layer in printed by the printer after the white. Is almost imperceptible but it really bothers me and i don't know if thats something that usually happens in DIY DTG printers or not. Ive noticed that if i put more glue in the table where i lay the garment this problem is minimized, maybe because then the printer comes over the table and the machine that is responsible for this moviment is not always very smoove, so that might move the garment (thats my theory). Would u guys ever faced this? If yes, how to solve it?

Here is some photos of what i'm saying:

ImgSlot.Com - Fast Image Hosting Forever No Expiration
ImgSlot.Com - Fast Image Hosting Forever No Expiration

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2013 Aug 9, 2013 7:17:26 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Norbert
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: White outline on images after printing the color over the white

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnaut0
Ive noticed that if i put more glue in the table where i lay the garment this problem is minimized, maybe because then the printer comes over the table and the machine that is responsible for this moviment is not always very smoove, so that might move the garment (thats my theory). Would u guys ever faced this? If yes, how to solve it?
I have no DTG printer but if this were the problem then it would also affect the design resulting in loss of sharpness.
Are you printing on 100% cotton?

Old August 9th, 2013 Aug 9, 2013 7:53:33 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Daniel
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickflicks
I have no DTG printer but if this were the problem then it would also affect the design resulting in loss of sharpness.
Are you printing on 100% cotton?
Yes i'm using 100% cotton tshirt and i don't think thats the problem, it just bother me not knowing why the color layer cant match the white layer that came first.

Old August 9th, 2013 Aug 9, 2013 8:25:27 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Chuck
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

What rip are you using? Most rips have a choke setting that pulls back the white under base just a little. Depending on the shirt and the amount of white I lay down I find that I sometimes need to choke the white just a little. A very small adjustment in the choke setting can make a big difference.

This is a discussion about White outline on images after printing the color over the white that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in