T-Shirt Forums banner

How to use Servo motor for DIYDTG?

[DIY DTG] 
2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Smalzstein 
#1 ·
Hi people!

I've been trying to look for the solution how to connect a servo motor instead of the stock stepper motor but no luck. If anyone have an idea how to make it works, please help me out.

i understand that servo motor has 3 wire (power,control signal, ground)
normally it's controlled by a microcontroller.

1)will it work hooking up ac power and ground to the motor and the positive wire from the printer (which connect to stock steppe motor) to the control signal wire from the servo?

2) If option 1 doesn't work, how do u synchronize the servo motor to the stepper motor as i seen 1 member in this forum did it with a 4880 printer.

3) If a microcontroller is needed, How do you set it up in theory. I'm looking at an arduino uno for the purpose.

Please help, Thank you!

#4 ·
Smalzstein, thanks for the reply. If it require a good propraming skill, i think i should give up on that method. Will it work to add more power source in series to make it run stronger with a bigger motor? Will it burn the boards from the printer?

My goal is to get a stronger motor so i can put more load on it with simplest method and right timing. Doesn't matter what kinda motor being used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.