[DIY DTG] a3 epson convert to dtg uv led?? - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] a3 epson convert to dtg uv led??

Like Tree15Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:07:01 AM -   #61 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: a3 epson convert to dtg uv led??

storminteractive
I was thinking about the CISS system for uv inks, did some research
Based on past experience those parts will suit best

Dedicated Black Ink Damper For Dx5 Printer Head Uv Printing Machines - Buy Dx5 Printer Ink Damper,Uv Ink Damper,Ink Sac/uv Ink Damper/inkjet Printer Ink Damper Product on Alibaba.com

Inkjet Led Uv Ink Ciss For Epson Dx5 Dx7 Printhead - Buy Inkjet Led Uv Ink Ciss,Inkjet Led Uv Ink,Inkjet Led Uv Ink Ciss For Epson Product on Alibaba.com

Dx5 Solvent Head Adapter/print Head Cap - Buy Dx5 Solvent Head Adapter,Dx4 Solvent Head Adapter,Solvent Printhead Cap Product on Alibaba.com

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLeAFD7Rios

That's probably all that is needed for CISS system, dampers act like filters so should be replaced occasionally every 4-5 month depending on an amount of ink going throug the system. What do you think?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexavr For This Useful Post:
storminteractive (January 30th, 2014), trironny (October 9th, 2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:31:53 AM -   #62 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

You do not need tio change adapter for UV just for solvent.

Those dampers are for 4880, 7880, they are the best though. To use those in an a3 printer you would need some modyfication (removing CISC form the carriage and reposition it somwhere else.

All the depends wich printer you want to use - the CISS you've shown is a bit overengineered if you ant to use it for a3.

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:35:14 AM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexavr
storminteractive
I was thinking about the CISS system for uv inks, did some research
Based on past experience those parts will suit best

Dedicated Black Ink Damper For Dx5 Printer Head Uv Printing Machines - Buy Dx5 Printer Ink Damper,Uv Ink Damper,Ink Sac/uv Ink Damper/inkjet Printer Ink Damper Product on Alibaba.com

Inkjet Led Uv Ink Ciss For Epson Dx5 Dx7 Printhead - Buy Inkjet Led Uv Ink Ciss,Inkjet Led Uv Ink,Inkjet Led Uv Ink Ciss For Epson Product on Alibaba.com

Dx5 Solvent Head Adapter/print Head Cap - Buy Dx5 Solvent Head Adapter,Dx4 Solvent Head Adapter,Solvent Printhead Cap Product on Alibaba.com

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLeAFD7Rios

That's probably all that is needed for CISS system, dampers act like filters so should be replaced occasionally every 4-5 month depending on an amount of ink going throug the system. What do you think?
a set of refillable cartridges perhaps only necessary and keep a lid on the printer, as did a Brazilian, check the video

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:35:32 AM -   #64 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Sorry I've made a amistake thoose dampers are not from 4880 but still require the carriage modyication. In my opinion the ones for 4880 are better because they have the one way valve.

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 7:26:42 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks Alex. Never saw your post until today! Really would love a UV printer but I am just not sure I am up to building it. Not even finished my first DTG yet and dreading trying to work with the sensors on my R2000 when it arrives. Will keep checking this post though as an awesome idea. T-shirts and DTG are neat but UV printers are even cooler.

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 9:44:35 AM -   #66 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I am getting r 1900, I will try to convert that to uv flatbed.
I have a question on r1900 registration, does it always checks the registration of paper before printing? And what is the original clearance between paper and print head?

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 10:49:51 AM -   #67 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

what kind of registration do you mean? If you eman PW that detects edges it had to be taped or removed or you will have issues.

Clearence should be different for paper / textile / hardsubstrate. You will have to experiment on that. For textile I use about 2 mm.

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 12:02:02 PM -   #68 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Well this sensor is used to print on CDs as well. So when printing white and after printing in cmyk, could there be any sequence established for positioning?

Old February 13th, 2014 Feb 13, 2014 6:32:39 AM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tony Bellamina

Hi guys!!!
I only ask a question. The print head for an epson 1400 is good for the UV LED inks?
Thanks in advance.

Old February 21st, 2014 Feb 21, 2014 2:37:01 PM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I think the Epson R1900 has the Teflon coated print head. I'm not sure if the R1400 or R1800 have this feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to finalcreations For This Useful Post:
castoro (March 3rd, 2014)
Old March 3rd, 2014 Mar 3, 2014 4:25:27 AM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalcreations
I think the Epson R1900 has the Teflon coated print head. I'm not sure if the R1400 or R1800 have this feature.
Hello FinalCreation,
I found this site in Italy. You can have a look if it's okay for UV Led?
LED a UV LUXEON UV LED, 405nm-410nm 650mW Min. Philips Lumileds LHUV-0405-0650 consegna in 24 ore

Thank you.

Old March 3rd, 2014 Mar 3, 2014 4:51:48 AM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoro
Hello FinalCreation,
I found this site in Italy. You can have a look if it's okay for UV Led?
LED a UV LUXEON UV LED, 405nm-410nm 650mW Min. Philips Lumileds LHUV-0405-0650 consegna in 24 ore

Thank you.
My UV ink works at 390-405nm, so I think it would be out of the wavelength range and not cure fully. You will need to check against the ink you are buying.

I'm also confused on the size... it says 1.7 x 1.3 x 0.68mm which is tiny (unless I am reading it wrong).

The Following User Says Thank You to finalcreations For This Useful Post:
castoro (March 9th, 2014)
Old March 9th, 2014 Mar 9, 2014 6:37:44 AM -   #73 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi friends. This evening as I printed a shirt with my epson 1400 DTG, I stumbled into the USB cable and you are disconnected as was printing. Since that time I noted the red light that lacks the ink. What can I do? I do not recognize most cartridges auto reset and even the Ciss. Can you tell me what could have happened?

Old March 9th, 2014 Mar 9, 2014 9:17:49 AM -   #74 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

It could still be in the PC's memory.
Turn off the printer, unplug the USB cable and turn it back on to see if the printer starts up ok.

If it does not, you need to watch to see which part of the start-up sequence it fails.

Old April 18th, 2014 Apr 18, 2014 10:07:12 AM -   #75 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi Final Creations,

great build! I'm actually working on a similar project and have some questions that I hope you might be able to help with.

Recently I finished converting my a4 inkjet epson into a flatbed which now prints on surfaces up to 15mm thick. It is ideal for the purpose I am creating it for. However when I print...using standard dye ink it is obviously not soaking into the surface because I am printing on foamex (a plastic like product).

It appears UV is my only answer to get the ink to stay affixed to the printing surface. Correct me if I am wrong but the whole UV process works by 'merging' the ink and printing surface together...the heat from the uv led curing chip kind of melts the surface or drys the ink, or something like that?

I notice you trying to scratch the print in your video. It appears pretty durable, how would it perform if the print was made on a rubber like material like a rubber phone case, when you bend the case would the ink crack or flex with the material. Also how does it perform against alcohol i.e. if you put your phone on a table in a bar etc would the ink smear away or something...

Lastly, its been some time since you have been using your printer, is it still working fine, or did you have to change the carriage or head or something as I read some posts earlier talking about after 3 months would start causing issues or something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is a discussion about a3 epson convert to dtg uv led?? that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in