[DIY DTG] Epson T13 DTG build - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Epson T13 DTG build

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 3rd, 2012 Jul 3, 2012 9:04:20 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Problem with the build

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajavier
wongmoxy Hopefully you get the answer, if you get an error on start up check carefully the sensor, you might miss one wire to be soldered, I do not use the original wire but made like you did and it worked because the original was too short, and I solder the cable directly to the motherboard (not from the front but from the back)
So does it make a difference if its from the back or the front of the board? I also solder it to the board, but did it from the front. Now I wasn't checking when I unplugged the clip, but only guessed that the 1,2,3,4 on the board coincided with the SP1 SP2 SP3 SP4 on the reader. Let me know how you connected yours. Here is some pics

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...703_223628.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...703_223546.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2012 Aug 15, 2012 6:32:36 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Thumbs up Re: Epson T13 DTG build

Quote:
Originally Posted by euau
Sorry for late reply.. Below are the pics..

my advise, be extra careful with the pf sensor.. i spoil 3 of those.. also be patient with the sales person who will laugh at you when u buy a single function printer..

PF sensor
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...uv/photo14.jpg

PE sensor
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...uv/photo16.jpg

Front
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...uv/photo13.jpg

Side
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...uv/photo15.jpg
Hello Euau, thank you for display picture, and it would be nice if you give some shot behind/under of table or shaft of paper feed. and how about head cleaner mechanism, it is still working ? thanks

Old August 26th, 2012 Aug 26, 2012 10:14:25 AM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Default Re: Epson T13 DTG build

Great job sir!!! thanks for sharing your project here.Just 1 question.Does the head cleaning function of this printer is disabled or not? if not how do you go about it? Thank you sir.

The Following User Says Thank You to edpax For This Useful Post:
marceloboy1 (October 3rd, 2013)

Old August 27th, 2012 Aug 27, 2012 4:28:03 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: eugene

good question edpax.. i recently had this problem.. i went on a holiday for 3 days and when i tried printing black and blue inks are not printing.. i did my research in the internet and concluded that printhead might be blocked by hardened ink or what ever.. most of the post ive seen they use the glass cleaner with ammonia mixture.. here in my place we dont have the brand Windex.. so I decide to use a smilar thing.. I used Klaen glass cleaner by Kiwi.. here's exactly how i did it.. its up to you if u want to do the same..

1. I sprayed it into a small bottle. Note the word sprayed not pour. and waited till the bubbles are gone.
2. Ratio Kiwi Klean:Water:70% Isophropyl Alcohol is 8:1:1
3. I used a syringe to inject in the pole of the printhead.. (i hope u know what I meant with the pole)
4. Since this is a experiment, i tried first with my spoilt t13 printer. the flushing looks ok, i can see cleaning solution flushing down from the printhead. its forming some lines
5. Now its time for the dtg. I started with yellow then cyan then magenta then last is black. make sure u flush the syringe in between colors just to make sure u r not carying the previous ink to the next one.

It's still working until now.. it was 4 days ago.. It's up to you if u want to follow this.. do it at your own risk. there are cleaning solution for sale in ebay anyway.. its just expensive since for us who use dtg we need to clean at least once a week..

The Following User Says Thank You to euau For This Useful Post:
joshuajavier (August 27th, 2012)
Old August 27th, 2012 Aug 27, 2012 8:18:25 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for the info sir. I will give it a try..Im also looking for some ways that will make the head cleaning function still working.

Old September 5th, 2012 Sep 5, 2012 4:38:10 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Euau you are great man, thanks for your photos and information.

Old September 7th, 2012 Sep 7, 2012 12:06:30 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi Euau! I also bought the S22 and study work. I have one question. What did you made with the ASF unit? And if it's off how the printer starts moving?

Old September 7th, 2012 Sep 7, 2012 5:36:09 PM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: eugene

Quote:
Originally Posted by romaxa11
Hi Euau! I also bought the S22 and study work. I have one question. What did you made with the ASF unit? And if it's off how the printer starts moving?
you have to bring down the rod as well.. i cut the plastic that holds the motor. i find it easier than creating a board that will hold the motor and the rod.

i referred to this manual a lot.. this might help you in the technical details of a printer. its not exactly for t13 but it can help u familiarize on printer principles..

Service Manual Epson Stylus C40UX C40SX C20UX C20SX RevB

The Following User Says Thank You to euau For This Useful Post:
romaxa11 (September 7th, 2012)
Old September 8th, 2012 Sep 8, 2012 2:42:20 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Nice manual, it discovers many specific interesting moments. Thanks for it. Euau, did you disconnected all ASF unit gears from PF roller? It's important for me. It's the last question before my making DTG. I guess I know the answer but I need the help of the professional.

Old September 9th, 2012 Sep 9, 2012 4:37:33 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Also helpful manual is Service manual Epson L100, L200 Epson L100-L200 has the same ASF unit system as in S22.

Old September 9th, 2012 Sep 9, 2012 9:39:29 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: mike

Default Re: Problem with the build

Quote:
It happened to me as well.. when I tried to extend the ffc for the PF sensor.. like what u did.. only I use ffc also not individual wires.

I spoil 3 of the sensors bec the lead connecting the ffc was weak and it breaks all the time.. I know bec it does what you are experiencing right now.. spins a little bit then becomes general error.. I solved my problem by just using the original cable carefully extend it to a working level.. I gave up on extending it..
hello friends, I finally found a solution to extend the cable ffc PF sensor (Printer T22 in mexico, T13 other countries), buy connectors in China, measured 1.0mm, 4pins, weld legs and voila, I can connect a cable ffc longer smooth, works great, I leave some pictures so you can see how it works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02713_1.jpg (204.1 KB, 752 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02714_1.jpg (195.0 KB, 610 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02715_1.jpg (213.2 KB, 579 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02717_1.jpg (208.5 KB, 597 views)

Old September 9th, 2012 Sep 9, 2012 9:55:07 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
you have to bring down the rod as well.. i cut the plastic that holds the motor. i find it easier than creating a board that will hold the motor and the rod.

i referred to this manual a lot.. this might help you in the technical details of a printer. its not exactly for t13 but it can help u familiarize on printer principles..

Service Manual Epson Stylus C40UX C40SX C20UX C20SX RevB
hello Euau, could you take some pictures of your printer, opposite the sensor ffc, only to watch as you put the pump to suck the ink head and flowing smoothly, thanks for your help.

Old September 13th, 2012 Sep 13, 2012 4:49:00 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi, it's my diy dtg Epson S22. It completely working without any errors. But I damaged the cable of the PF encoder and now I'm waiting for new one or I will buy new printer for it.

The original size of the PF encoder is enough for building DTG printer. But be very attention with it

Last edited by romaxa11; September 13th, 2012 at 04:55 AM..

Old September 13th, 2012 Sep 13, 2012 7:30:56 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

hello Romaxa11, could you take some pictures of your printer, opposite the sensor ffc, only to watch as you put the pump to suck the ink head and flowing smoothly, thanks for your help.

Old September 13th, 2012 Sep 13, 2012 10:29:41 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I almost didn't touch that part of the printer. I guess pumping of the inks can make by hand rotation of the gears from pick assy

Last edited by romaxa11; September 13th, 2012 at 10:34 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to romaxa11 For This Useful Post:
camposz (September 13th, 2012)

This is a discussion about Epson T13 DTG build that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in