[DIY DTG] Showcase your working DIYDTG BUILD.. - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Showcase your working DIYDTG BUILD..

Like Tree10Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 5th, 2012 Mar 5, 2012 6:19:10 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Baldor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Showcase your working DIYDTG BUILD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampac

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Platen is changed from wood to aluminium 2mm and klirit/plastic 1,5mm for t-shirt.Shaft is now original from printer and printer now prints in all modes:text,graphics,photo,best photo and EKPrint: speed,fine,superfine mode.And I`m happy right now.
very nice.
Piece of art.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 8th, 2012 Mar 8, 2012 5:31:12 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Fan

New 1400 Build
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 058.JPG (1.22 MB, 1059 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbo-Jet For This Useful Post:
Booyow (May 2nd, 2012), german13 (March 8th, 2012)
Old March 16th, 2012 Mar 16, 2012 7:15:36 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ben

Talking Re: Showcase your working DIYDTG BUILD..

Hello fellow builders and enthusiasts.
I finally finished my build. Now I just need to design a case for the printer. Mine is an Epson 1400 using friction drive.

I'm using PrintsRite bagged ink from Belquette http://www.belquette.com/printsriteinkbags.aspx.
I currently have CMYK installed but will be installing the white ink next week.

I'm using EKPrint Studio for my RIP http://www.eukondigital.com/index_files/Page970.htm.
Still trying to find that sweet spot between speed and quality with the RIP though.
I'd love to hear from others on what settings have worked for them in EK RIP. So far, "Heavy" "3" "Vivid" seems to give the best results.

Here's a link to the video I shot. This is my first video attempt so it's not as polished as I'd like.
Please give me some feedback on what you think of the build and/or the video for that matter.

And, I must give a big THANK YOU to Jeff German for inspiring me to finally tackle this project.
Jeff, you are the man.

Ben

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Air Graphics For This Useful Post:
Booyow (May 2nd, 2012), german13 (March 16th, 2012), goto74 (March 16th, 2012), mmilisenda (September 1st, 2012), NESBOW (March 16th, 2012), spiderx1 (March 16th, 2012)

Old March 16th, 2012 Mar 16, 2012 9:12:29 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Graphics
Hello fellow builders and enthusiasts.
I finally finished my build. Now I just need to design a case for the printer. Mine is an Epson 1400 using friction drive.

I'm using PrintsRite bagged ink from Belquette http://www.belquette.com/printsriteinkbags.aspx.
I currently have CMYK installed but will be installing the white ink next week.

I'm using EKPrint Studio for my RIP http://www.eukondigital.com/index_files/Page970.htm.
Still trying to find that sweet spot between speed and quality with the RIP though.
I'd love to hear from others on what settings have worked for them in EK RIP. So far, "Heavy" "3" "Vivid" seems to give the best results.

Here's a link to the video I shot. This is my first video attempt so it's not as polished as I'd like.
Please give me some feedback on what you think of the build and/or the video for that matter.

And, I must give a big THANK YOU to Jeff German for inspiring me to finally tackle this project.
Jeff, you are the man.

Ben
Awesome Job, Ben

thanks for the kind words!! you will become a pro with the rip after trial and error experimentation (this is a step all dtg printers go thru whether diy or commercial including the pretreat process on black shirts).. I could never imagined what my little project would have become when i first started, seeing all the finished builds here and on youtube and hearing the feedback "even from commercial printer owners whom added a diy - it INSPIRED me to further my creations and we are working on another system currently..

It doesnt take long for a person to realize the competitive advantage they have of a diy in both machine cost and the ease of adding production.. It really puts you in control of your operation as a builder you understand how to work on these with ease and down time is not a factor as most serious printers have multiple units... keep up the good work look forword to seeing your cover design, however truth is the cover isnt making you money and if you notice alot of commercial printers run with there cover open to exhaust ink mist.. still want to see though If you plan on doing darks add an additional machine and dedicate it to white ink as this has many benefits one machine for cmyk and one for white ink "dark shirts" best of luck on your venture into dtg printing, learn the system and sell sell sell

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
Air Graphics (March 16th, 2012), bjdbjd (March 16th, 2012), goto74 (March 16th, 2012), PerilIndustry (April 13th, 2012)
Old April 7th, 2012 Apr 7, 2012 4:57:28 AM -   #20 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Angel
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 959 Posts

Very well said Jeff. Multiple diydtgs based on $100-300 printers should make dtgs moderate volume printing machines. After a while, machine maintenance should be relatively easy (in house) and cheap. Commercial dtg users can't beat that. I envy the cheap machine and ink cost you have(compared to us). It really makes diydtgs disposable machines.

Last edited by BroJames; April 7th, 2012 at 05:02 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BroJames For This Useful Post:
Air Graphics (April 7th, 2012), german13 (April 7th, 2012)
Old April 21st, 2012 Apr 21, 2012 9:58:39 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

priest, nice idea for this post-section, and all guys was accept that and made replies with videos
also, very well is idea to post, next to video, experiences about ink usage: brand, kind, printer settings, etc
ill do mine when finish dtg c64
thanks to all

Old May 3rd, 2012 May 3, 2012 8:30:38 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: paul

It is working now ... thank u guys for so many info that i got here..
c88 diy dtg working printer - YouTube

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paul2011 For This Useful Post:
bjdbjd (May 8th, 2012), german13 (May 3rd, 2012), RedDoorDesign (June 28th, 2012)
Old May 3rd, 2012 May 3, 2012 8:45:10 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2011
It is working now ... thank u guys for so many info that i got here..
c88 diy dtg working printer - YouTube
AWESOME JOB, PAUL.. thanks for posting, you will have so much fun with all of this, and watching your video i see a nice 1400 over in the corner that will be a good donor for your a3 dtg best of luck..

P.S the humidity control will make dtg printing success, make sure you monitor this as i seen the airconditioner very close to your printing setup...

Old May 3rd, 2012 May 3, 2012 1:48:23 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

German13,
thank u so much brother ..more power to u guys ..and thanks also for the info .

The Following User Says Thank You to paul2011 For This Useful Post:
german13 (May 3rd, 2012)
Old May 3rd, 2012 May 3, 2012 5:38:34 PM -   #25 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2011
German13,
thank u so much brother ..more power to u guys ..and thanks also for the info .
Look forward to reading your progress and your advancement to an a3 we are looking forward to revealing our newest creation, we changed the entry level dtg landscape once already with our designs!! we will own it with our new stuff I say entry level referring to entry cost to dtg- not performance after all they all are epson printers!!!

Old May 7th, 2012 May 7, 2012 6:39:24 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

German13,
Thank u so much again for motivating us here ..and also for your support giving us all the important information to built ..and yes the second one will be my 1400 . the worst thing that may happen is I have some printer PARTS..... that i can share u guys if somebody needs it ........haha
more power to u brother .

Old May 29th, 2012 May 29, 2012 1:37:28 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

guys
c88 diy dtg working printer - YouTube,
check my second built 1400 Epson click the 4th one . I used a second frame of 1400 to be able to use the back eject and the front eject roller it helps a lot to move the platen which is a bigger than c88 one shaft is using a rubber and another one is coated for friction use ( will have good friction if u will use cork ). The motor is rigidly attached to the second frame with the assembly so there is no shaking and well aligned , every thing is intact . the ASF mechanism is attached to the original frame, only the back part is cut to allow the platen to pass through below ( the asf shaft is not cut ) and the PW is not disable ..only the cd/dvd sensor is tripped ( by priest suggestion )
good luck guys and more power to everybody .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paul2011 For This Useful Post:
german13 (May 30th, 2012), joshuajavier (May 29th, 2012)
Old May 29th, 2012 May 29, 2012 5:59:33 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ben

Very nice work Paul! I wish my work area was as clean and organized as yours LOL Keep up the great work.

Old May 29th, 2012 May 29, 2012 6:25:44 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ben. thank you so much brother ..well it is not that clean everyday it just happened that i cleaned it first before shooting the video ....to see where is the Epson 1400 haha ...
more power to u brother .

Old September 2nd, 2012 Sep 2, 2012 11:28:05 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

02092012002 - YouTube
Finally i almost finished it. Big thanks to all forum. German and Spiderx u are best. I use cork leaned (but the grip is not best), its 1440x1440 gutenprint rip, inks in urinal 500 ml bags + dampers for 4880 epson.

The Following User Says Thank You to alexus1305 For This Useful Post:
german13 (September 3rd, 2012)

This is a discussion about Showcase your working DIYDTG BUILD.. that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in