[DIY DTG] New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2012 Jan 12, 2012 5:50:50 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Dennis
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES

Epson has released a new wide format printer.
It has the DX5 print head and its wireless.
I noticed they already have a $80 discount.

Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer - Product Information - Epson America, Inc.

A wireless 1900?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 34Ford For This Useful Post:
aju_jp (January 13th, 2012), german13 (January 12th, 2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2012 Jan 12, 2012 6:03:07 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Re: New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford
Epson has released a new wide format printer.
It has the DX5 print head and its wireless.
I noticed they already have a $80 discount.

Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer - Product Information - Epson America, Inc.

A wireless 1900?

looks to be a direct replacement for the 1400!! Its only 6 color like the 1400, therefor not a dx5 head I read the brochure and it list "

Remarkable image quality
— DX5TM MicroPiezo®
print head technology, up to 5760 x 1440 dpi

resolution and ink droplets as small as 1.5 picoliters"
.. kind of deceiving as it says it uses the dx5 technology, but its not the 8 channel dx5 head as we know it in the 1800,1900,2800,4800 etc ...it also uses the dyebased claria ink..

so to me all this is is a revamped wifi 1400 printer that wil need aftermarket cart/ciss inkchip technology developed if using non epson ink...

Last edited by german13; January 12th, 2012 at 06:17 PM..

Old January 13th, 2012 Jan 13, 2012 3:43:33 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I was confused as well. I've been wondering if their going to come out with a WF 1100 replacement since its practically sold out everywhere. The prices of them on ebay are actually going up.

Old May 4th, 2012 May 4, 2012 5:45:43 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford
I was confused as well. I've been wondering if their going to come out with a WF 1100 replacement since its practically sold out everywhere. The prices of them on ebay are actually going up.
Will this printer need to be converted to pigmented ink for heat transfers or will the Epson’s Claria Hi-Definition inks work for transfers?

Old June 9th, 2012 Jun 9, 2012 8:00:02 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Donnie

You MUST have pigment inks for transfers....

Claria ink is dye ink.....only suitable for dye sub...

not for cotton shirts. The dye ink will wash out.

Also....I understand that the WF 1100 has been replaced with the Epson WF 7010 model.....around $200 new.

Last edited by Cyberdon; June 9th, 2012 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: Add more information to answer

Old June 9th, 2012 Jun 9, 2012 9:51:19 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Javier

Check it out guys! Bought this one the other day for $152.95 online with free shipping!
Workforce 7010

Workforce 7010 Printer

Also, I just received the new Epson 1430 and went to go hook up a brand new CIS system and for some reason it's not recognizing the ink cartridges. From what I've read Epson is getting smarter about the reset chips and have added something to the firmware to only recognize their ink cartridges. I now have the CIS guy sending me a new chip to see if that fixes the problem, if not then I have to send that back and get stuck using the Epson cartridges.

The Workhorse comes in on Monday ... I'll be using that one only for doing heat transfers with.

Old June 14th, 2012 Jun 14, 2012 4:53:26 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

EKprint those still do not know if it works the RIP of 1400, is a good option because the pieces of the 1400 began to run out...

a service manual?

Old June 14th, 2012 Jun 14, 2012 5:02:39 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

look at these ciss are specific to the 1430 and they claim that work with "the most recent CHIPS"...
sellers have pretty good reputation on ebay ...

non-oem dye ink bulk ink system ciss for Epson 1430 printer cartridges | eBay

NON-OEM UV dye ink ciss cis ink system for epson artisan 1430 | eBay

luck ; )

Old June 14th, 2012 Jun 14, 2012 5:13:13 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Dave
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Why is that called "wide format"?

Old June 14th, 2012 Jun 14, 2012 5:23:26 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Anything that prints bigger than Letter size (8.5 x 11) or Legal (some printers with a paper tray still say they're "compatible with legal sized paper" even though you have to feed it one sheet at a time with the paper sticking out and it will fall off the catch tray) is called wide format, though it's still really small compared to pro inkjets (17 or bigger) and larger (30" and 54" Versacamms, etc).

Anyone who has both printers (1400 and 1430) and spent some time testing out the 1430 want to share their reviews? I still say the 1430 looks more like the Workforce 1100 than a Stylus Photo/Artisan printer! It's not a wild redesign like the 7010 was but it still looks really different. I saw another post recently that someone said they thought the 1430 used up ink faster...

Old June 14th, 2012 Jun 14, 2012 6:14:36 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I just bought a 1430.

It works like a charm! I love it! What I don't love is that it doesn't like the CISS systems.

I ordered a CISS, but it didn't work. Tried to change the chips and it still didn't work.

I ordered some re manufactured Epson OEM Carts from this place Ink Cartridges | Printer Ink & Toner for HP, Canon, Epson, Etc and it works like a charm!

Another thing I found out is that whatever you install for carts the first time, is something that the printer is going to remember. It has something that records what is put in for carts the first time you set it up and use it. So, if you installed OEM carts first, then it's going to remember that. This is why I was having a hard time with the CISS, because the printer was first installed with OEM carts. I bought the printer on Ebay from this guy who was selling "New in box, but with no ink carts."

It was true, brand new, but with no carts! Once I tried with the reman OEM Epson carts the printer primed and works great!

I spoke with the sales guy where I bought my CISS from REFILLABLE CARTRIDGE; CISS CIS INK SUPPLY SYSTEM; REFILL INK; GENUINE CARTRIDGE FOR HP EPSON CANNON; PRINTERS, who he was really helpful, and he also confirmed that because Epson is doing these firmware upgrades certain 1430's are having problems with using the new CISS systems. He also said that in about 2-3 months newer chips are going to come out that will override the problem that if you used carts at first, then it wouldn't let you use CISS. So hopefully in a few months I'll try a new chip and see what happens. He also said that if you buy the printer brand new and install the CISS first that it will work. So if you plan on doing that don't install the OEM carts when you take the printer right out of the box!

For right now I'll stick to the carts from inkcartridges.com because I know that they work in my situation.

So,

1. If you have a new 1430 and put OEM carts in it, you may have a hard time adding a CISS.

2. If you bought a CISS and the printer is telling you that it can't see the cartridges, then the problem is because the first time the printer was set up, it was set up with OEM carts, so now it doesn't want to recognize anything else. Thank you Epson for screwing more future potential clients with your wonderful ways of taking our hard earned money!

3. Well worth the money for what I use it for, making positives & printing all other cool stuff.

4. To me, it seems that it prints very fast compared to the 1280 that I was running.

Hope this can help you guys out with answering some questions.

Oh! And about the Wi-Fi ..... yeah .. I'm still working on that one. So far it's still hooked up with my USB.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmintz2001 For This Useful Post:
evlwevl (October 5th, 2014)
Old June 15th, 2012 Jun 15, 2012 1:28:17 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

thank you very much for your comments, think I'll continue working with older models to make sure I have no problems

Old June 15th, 2012 Jun 15, 2012 6:29:19 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I got my 1430 last night and installed a cheap CIS and worked like a charm.

Old June 15th, 2012 Jun 15, 2012 10:16:23 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solm96
I got my 1430 last night and installed a cheap CIS and worked like a charm.
Right? Did you install the OEM carts first and then the CISS or just the CISS?

If you installed the CISS first then it will work, but if you do the Epson carts and then the CISS it will give you errors.

All the lights will light up in the ink carriage, the ink light will stay lit, and when you go to the properties of the printer to see the ink levels it will show X's in all the cart colors. And it will tell you that it does not recognize the cartridges.

That's why I put in my earlier post that if you first get it out of the box to install the CISS first before the Epson carts because if you do it the other way around you'll get errors.

That's awesome that it's working for you! I wish mine was working with the CISS, but it's part on me because I wanted to save a little bucks and bought one on Ebay that was brand new, but without the carts. I should've bought a new one from B&H or something along those lines. Oh, well ... it's working now so I'm keeping it and using.

Old June 15th, 2012 Jun 15, 2012 10:28:00 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Lightbulb Re: New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelion
thank you very much for your comments, think I'll continue working with older models to make sure I have no problems

Which models do you have?

I have an Epson 1280 that I'm selling that would be good for parts or if someone can replace the head a very good printer. It was printing for a while, and I was using it, but then last week it decided to stop laying down ink. Goes through the motions of printing, but won't lay any ink down. Cleaned the heads and did everything, but it still won't lay ink down.

I also have a CIS for the 1280 and an Epson RIP for 1200 model, which I tried to use the RIP for the 1280, but couldn't get it to work for me. The CIS was working great with the 1280, still has a lot of ink in it.

Let me know if you'd be interested in buying those from me or if you know anybody else that may be interested, just pass my info to them. Thanks

I just hate seeing this stuff sitting on the side of my office not doing anything, but taking up space, especially if other people could use it. Plus, I bought all new printers so I don't need this anymore.

This is a discussion about New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in