[DIY DTG] New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 2nd, 2012 Jul 2, 2012 11:04:06 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Shirley
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir
Anything that prints bigger than Letter size (8.5 x 11) or Legal (some printers with a paper tray still say they're "compatible with legal sized paper" even though you have to feed it one sheet at a time with the paper sticking out and it will fall off the catch tray) is called wide format, though it's still really small compared to pro inkjets (17 or bigger) and larger (30" and 54" Versacamms, etc).

Anyone who has both printers (1400 and 1430) and spent some time testing out the 1430 want to share their reviews? I still say the 1430 looks more like the Workforce 1100 than a Stylus Photo/Artisan printer! It's not a wild redesign like the 7010 was but it still looks really different. I saw another post recently that someone said they thought the 1430 used up ink faster...

this system is a waste! our cis constantly clogs and its only the cyan doing it i cant stand it we were told the cis for 1400 would work in it and it didnt we had to buy the new ink system and then it worked then we had to invest in new ink and it worked for a while till it started clogging now it clogs ATLEAST once a week! sometimes it even takes up to 50 head cleanings and nozzle checks to fix the issue if your considering this printer with a cis please reconsider it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2012 Jul 9, 2012 5:13:05 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Reid

I have a new Epson 1430 that I've had problems with the ink feed.

CURRENT PROBLEM: When I go to print, I had yellow and magenta marked as X, out of ink by the Epson print manager. I read somewhere to reset this by resetting the cartridges by pulling them partially out and snapping them back into place. Now ALL cartridges are showing the red X = empty cartridge.

Background - Never did install OEM cartridges. CIS from day one. Ink feed problem now solved. My mistake. All air is now out of tubes, and cartridges are full. No air bubbles.

I'm thinking I read at some point there is a setting to disable the ink level readings. Anybody know about this?

Old July 9th, 2012 Jul 9, 2012 8:45:33 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Reid

I'm not sure what was going on because the situation changed.
I removed the cartridges and wiped them down - I supposed that is what you call the chips.

Then I started getting the incompatable message error. I read somewhere in here about Epson doing upgrades to software which caused this problem, so I unistalled all Epson from my computer, then put back in the CD that came with the printer.

Upon re-installing, I chose NOT to receive the Epson updates, offers, etc.
Completing the install, it seemed still had the same problem. However, after I turned off the printer and turned it back on, the problem has gone away.

Ink levels now read properly, and no Incompatable Cartridge Error.

Old July 10th, 2012 Jul 10, 2012 11:03:34 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

But as I found out today you have to also have the correct ink... the Artisan 1430 can distinguish inks and not work with Everlast Pigment Ink.

Old August 13th, 2012 Aug 13, 2012 5:33:30 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Paul

Thumbs up Re: New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES

Quote:
Originally Posted by solm96
I got my 1430 last night and installed a cheap CIS and worked like a charm.
I did the same - delighted with the results. AccuRip used with it offers 3 different resolutions; 720 x 720, 1440 x 720 and 5760 x 1440. The last one is razor sharp under 10X magnification. Granted it prints slowly at 5760, but set it to print and come back in five - ten minutes. Truly imagesetter quality. For $220 (after the $80 rebate) if it only lasts a year, it pays for itself with one job and makes profits the rest of the year.

Last edited by Paul39; August 14th, 2012 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 5:57:19 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I used refillable cartridges - not a bulk system.

Old October 1st, 2012 Oct 1, 2012 4:15:31 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Just to throw in my 2 cents, went to order a ciss from hotzone360, they informed me it probably wont work maybe the firmware issue or the fact that i installed factory carts first. They sent me some refilled carts to try out first, and of course it shows that carts cant be recognized. I went out today and bought a new 1430 and set it up with the carts from hotzone360 to try it and got the same message. So im not so sure that using the original carts first is the sole problem. I think is completely unfair for epson to force you to purchase there ink.

Old October 1st, 2012 Oct 1, 2012 5:20:57 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Continuous Ink System,Laser Toner Drum,Refill Ink Cartridges,DIY Bulk Ink Refill Bottles,CISS,CIS,Printer Ink,EPSON,HP,CANON,Brother,Continuous Ink System (CIS),Refillable ink Cartridges,Ink refill kits,Laser Toner Drum,refill ink bottles,Continuous has
[EMPTY Refillable Ink Cartridge SET] for Epson 1400 Artisan 1430
[H03-E1400empty with "Auto Reset Chips."
They can be reached at (626) 575-0860

Old October 2nd, 2012 Oct 2, 2012 3:03:47 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul39
Continuous Ink System,Laser Toner Drum,Refill Ink Cartridges,DIY Bulk Ink Refill Bottles,CISS,CIS,Printer Ink,EPSON,HP,CANON,Brother,Continuous Ink System (CIS),Refillable ink Cartridges,Ink refill kits,Laser Toner Drum,refill ink bottles,Continuous has
[EMPTY Refillable Ink Cartridge SET] for Epson 1400 Artisan 1430
[H03-E1400empty with "Auto Reset Chips."
They can be reached at (626) 575-0860
I spoke with them, they seem to be sure there ciss will work, almost annoyed that i was questioning them, he advised me that if there was a chance i might have to return it, he would rather not sell me one, basically denying there was an issue with the printers not working, later i found a ongoing post in there forum about it. As it was explained to me if i get it from them and we cant get it to work it could be sent back but with a restocking fee, etc. Might give them a try again. I really think this a bunch of BS on epsons part, its my printer, if i want to print with used motor oil, that should be my prerogative.

Old October 29th, 2012 Oct 29, 2012 11:25:30 PM -   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Any luck with figuring out a DTG ink that works with the Artisan 1430?

Old October 30th, 2012 Oct 30, 2012 7:37:34 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

R28 black from CIS inks. Use it all the time with refillable cartridges.

Old October 30th, 2012 Oct 30, 2012 7:48:53 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

What about Cyan, Magenta /light cyan/light magenta and is that black for t-shirt printing? All I can seem to find on their site are Dye Inks or non dtg pigment inks.

Old October 30th, 2012 Oct 30, 2012 9:15:33 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Black ink goes in all the cartridges. I use refillable cartridges and AccuRip software. Details are in one of the previous replays.

Old March 23rd, 2013 Mar 23, 2013 9:09:09 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Tony

any WIC reset for this printer. Seems to give me full waste ink error and no support for this model on Epson site.

Old March 25th, 2013 Mar 25, 2013 5:51:28 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

To MadeDesigns, all you can do for WIC is pay one of the online reset people. It's not free but it does work. I've complained to Epson several times about their program not working with 1430 and they just don't care.

The Following User Says Thank You to iwantsomething For This Useful Post:
MadeDesigns (March 25th, 2013)

This is a discussion about New Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer at CES that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in