[DIY DTG] Has Anyone checked out wimms - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Has Anyone checked out wimms

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 12:24:10 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Rob
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Has Anyone checked out wimms

Has anyone checked out or used the wims system from dtg digital basically a filtration system for white ink anyways here is the link

DTG America - Digital T-shirt Printers

Last edited by duller999; November 27th, 2011 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 12:51:05 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

WIMS has been around for several years. IMHO its a 1200$ paint mixer. There is no need for it when you have the proper ink setup.

Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 12:02:54 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Has Anyone checked out wimms

so what is the proper ink setup whats the deal with white ink these days ???

Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 12:09:15 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Where are you located?

Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 12:10:33 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duller999
so what is the proper ink setup whats the deal with white ink these days ???
there is none..lol

the bag system helps dramatically.. however the fact is white ink is titanium dioxide that does not hold suspension well and once it seperates theres no getting it back in suspension.. this leads to clogged heads/lines/capping station... "this is why they tell you to shake the white daily"

the only prevention method is have the volume of jobs to print the white ink faster than it seperates.. again a tall order for start ups or low volume dtg printers... this is dtgs biggest downfall along with the cost per print associated with printing white ink.. you can easily figure 3-4 dollars per print on average for white ink and pretreat on darks.. this is easily proved by doing an ink estimate print in ek rip or any rip with an ink calculator.. so if you had your shirt/consumable cost and time you will quickly se the margins/profits are low when printing white with a dtg...hardly worth it IMO, add the price of waste ink and maint or a printhead replacement and your in losing profit.. i have yet to see a low volume white ink printer tell me or show me they make a stastainable income printing white... if your in the low volume white ink printing club you will quickly learn this is fact.. additionally couple this with the time it takes to print x amount of dark shirts per hour.. with an epson 1100 with a pro rip your looking at 6-10 minutes per print per side so best case senario approx 6 shirts an hour not including pretreat or curing.. whats your profit margin on 6 shirts and or even if your using a 1900 and are getting 20 shirts an hour??? If your a retailer you may squeak by.. try competing with a screen printer..its laughable.. or contract printing?? this is why i say with dtg stick with white shirts only save yourself the headache/losses..

Last edited by german13; November 27th, 2011 at 12:29 PM..

Old November 28th, 2011 Nov 28, 2011 3:27:21 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

im in the uk

Thanks for that jeff i think we all should get together and come up with a solution lol

The Following User Says Thank You to duller999 For This Useful Post:
german13 (November 28th, 2011)

This is a discussion about Has Anyone checked out wimms that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in