[DIY DTG] Epson Pro 3800 - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Epson Pro 3800

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 27th, 2012 Feb 27, 2012 7:53:47 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Benny
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson Pro 3800

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
Everyone needs a little motivation sometimes including myself.. My father and i were working on this design before his passing just for fun, turned out to be something awesome and i know he would want to see it finished, cant tell you how hard it was going back to that project at the start but i know he's proud as its finished!! (what a good feeling and its very special to me in that regard) My wife had to kick me in the butt to get me going but it cleared my mind for the positive .. I kept worring about the white ink issues and dad said let the chemists do there job and just build the machine..lol
My deep condolence to your father Jeff...and it is good that the project is finished now, he should be proud of you now...It was good to have someone close enough to you and back you up in your projects you still have your wife to back you up as do mine Yes white ink shouldn't be your only obstacle if you treat white ink right everything will go smoothly.

Last edited by dragonknight; February 27th, 2012 at 08:05 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to dragonknight For This Useful Post:
german13 (February 27th, 2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2012 Feb 28, 2012 9:46:13 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Finally, I am using a simpler and better way, I am using my own, why I didn't think of it before very simple I am waiting for the stuff to arrive. I am asking them to send it by forwarder express should be arrive around friday or saturday or monday?? Can't wait to setup the stuff in my machine

Last edited by dragonknight; February 29th, 2012 at 08:14 AM..

german13 (February 28th, 2012)
Old March 2nd, 2012 Mar 2, 2012 9:07:44 PM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Yes, package received today with a big smile on me, can't wait to do some programming with it but I guess I have to wait until sunday, a little bit busy with something else today

Old March 8th, 2012 Mar 8, 2012 4:02:33 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

This is my second video trial. It is still printing some texts, after I get a perfect result on text mode I will try the graphic mode. As you can see the result is better and the timing now is almost syncing, just need some adjustments.

I need more torque, I guess I have to order a new and bigger servo motor to get the appropriate distance travel in one turn. I am looking for an AC Servo motor now.

Last edited by dragonknight; March 9th, 2012 at 09:29 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonknight For This Useful Post:
FreeSurfer (March 15th, 2012), german13 (March 15th, 2012)
Old March 15th, 2012 Mar 15, 2012 1:23:58 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I think this AC Servo will do the job right this time ...I am waiting for the servo controller/amplifier to arrive

german13 (March 15th, 2012)
Old March 21st, 2012 Mar 21, 2012 8:07:18 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonknight
I got Service Error 1601 = PW sensor malfunction? Should I unplug the PW sensor?

Hi dragonknight,
How do you solve the problem with the PW sensor.
Have you disconnected it, or put aluminum tape?

I tried it with aluminum paper, but it did not work. So I disconnected and it worked, the printer is in ready state.
But I'm finding something strange. I can not remember how long it took to do a cleaning cycle, but now it took three minutes and fifteen seconds. Could you tell me how long it is taking your printer to do the cleaning cycle? I do not know if it uses the PW sensor in this process ... and without it takes longer in the cycle.
Thanks!

Old March 21st, 2012 Mar 21, 2012 10:05:35 PM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Yes cleaning cycle it took about 2 to 3 minutes...is it always 3 minutes or it is only once took you 3 minutes? (maybe it just do a power cleaning)

Old March 22nd, 2012 Mar 22, 2012 6:40:02 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

once it took 2 minutes and 20 seconds, another 3 minutes. I think then this right. I did a power cleanning and it took about 4 and a half minutes.

Old March 26th, 2012 Mar 26, 2012 8:06:52 AM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: dominique

I want make dtg system with epson 3800 in france . I have made with epson r1900 and is very good system yo can se mi video on youtube . I think is same printer yes or not . Could you give me more informations with motor system ?

Old April 15th, 2012 Apr 15, 2012 2:15:25 AM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Another test print of my A2 printer. It still has some timing issue but it is getting closer to a wrap

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dragonknight For This Useful Post:
FreeSurfer (April 16th, 2012), german13 (April 15th, 2012), sapdiffusion (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 19th, 2012 Apr 19, 2012 7:27:37 PM -   #56 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

After more powerful servo motor it is time to find a more powerful microcontroller or PLC (bigger frequency MHz) still got some delay in executing the command so it made the printing process wasn't too good.

Old May 20th, 2012 May 20, 2012 4:16:33 AM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

One of my R2000 project

Last edited by dragonknight; May 20th, 2012 at 04:42 AM..

Old May 24th, 2012 May 24, 2012 8:31:57 AM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Meanwhile...I am working on the new GUI interface (for my 3880 moving printer instead of the platen) and all the coding for the new microcontroller to keep up with epson motherboard speed, I am finishing the manual mode of this Stylus Pro 3885...here is the video printing on a piece of paper and I will upload again later while it is printing on a black t-shirt

Last edited by dragonknight; May 24th, 2012 at 08:47 AM..

FreeSurfer (May 24th, 2012)
Old May 31st, 2012 May 31, 2012 5:58:07 AM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Here are two videos to compare the speed between my old microcontroller with my new microcontroller you can see in the video with my old microcontroller you still can notice the transition effect between new screen

Old microcontroller
New microcontroller 10x faster (I just finish the splash screen only coming up next menus with icons)

Old May 31st, 2012 May 31, 2012 6:35:41 AM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: dominique

someone he can one learn about the difference between that there is a print head epson r1900 ref f186000 and a print head f186000 dx5

This is a discussion about Epson Pro 3800 that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in