[DIY DTG] Epson Pro 3800 - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Epson Pro 3800

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 29th, 2012 Jan 29, 2012 7:36:50 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ray
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson Pro 3800

Its a shame things have gotten so quiet around here concerning these custom builds, I'm here though

Hope your project works out once the head is installed, so far it looks promising.

The Following User Says Thank You to anywilldo For This Useful Post:
dragonknight (January 29th, 2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2012 Feb 6, 2012 9:38:44 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I appreciate you share your project and maintaining us update. Sucess in the next steps.

The Following User Says Thank You to FreeSurfer For This Useful Post:
dragonknight (February 6th, 2012)
Old February 6th, 2012 Feb 6, 2012 9:50:54 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: ozan

DTG Epson T1100 hello, but I have a problem doing, the paper forward chamber rises :/ cause of this trouble is caused by an uncontrolled way, if you have information typed by the client will be very happy that, thanks ...

Old February 6th, 2012 Feb 6, 2012 5:05:39 PM -   #34 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Smile Re: Epson Pro 3800

Hope to hear any progress soon, I am doing the same kind of project with my epson 3850..

Old February 8th, 2012 Feb 8, 2012 10:40:25 PM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Benny

Working on the PWM signal while I am waiting for some stuff to arrive and I am trying to decode the pulse to be able to determine the duty cycle each turns to make sure I get a smooth printing.

Old February 14th, 2012 Feb 14, 2012 9:45:13 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Changing the motherboard and everything is okay now, it can spit some inks just need to take a video of it printing later

Old February 18th, 2012 Feb 18, 2012 1:23:02 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Printing text is good no overlapping but when I am trying to print graphics still a little overlapping each printing step, maybe I should adjust my program to get a better stable reading of the PWM output.I will upload a video later next week (demo video of it printing some text or maybe graphic on a piece of paper) because this week is a little busy.

Old February 18th, 2012 Feb 18, 2012 2:28:16 AM -   #38 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Keep up the good work! Hmm motherboard ? U mean the printer motherboard ?

Old February 18th, 2012 Feb 18, 2012 8:09:17 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Thank you...yes change the printer motherboard with a new motherboard

Old February 20th, 2012 Feb 20, 2012 10:44:55 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Testing the printer printing on a piece of paper (I am using the build in menu to print the status of the printer in text mode), the timing is still mess up, need to do some reprogramming, I will try to improvise it in the next video upload.

Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 8:29:07 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Talking Re: Epson Pro 3800

The printer is printing smoothly now I am able to clear all the unwanted PWM noises with my program maybe I will add a resistor to make the reading even better. I will try to upload a video later with the printer is printing status sheet or maybe printing a picture because the PWM reading is better now diode + resistor are good, I will try diode + zener are even better I guess to stop the noises. Still too much kickback I will read the sensor instead now. I am getting closer now to finish this big project of mine the pwm way wasn't good but the sensor way is better...well you will never know if you never try it.

Last edited by dragonknight; February 25th, 2012 at 08:45 PM..

Old February 27th, 2012 Feb 27, 2012 5:16:12 AM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I really get a clear reading every times now, all is depend on P** formula I will upload a video of it, this week, printing smoothly in text mode and probably in graphic mode if everything turn out to be ok with my decoding program.
I am sorry that I just put puzzling posts every times, I just get too excited that I can't let it just sitting on my head.

The Following User Says Thank You to dragonknight For This Useful Post:
german13 (February 27th, 2012)
Old February 27th, 2012 Feb 27, 2012 8:02:54 AM -   #43 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonknight
I really get a clear reading every times now, all is depend on P** formula I will upload a video of it, this week, printing smoothly in text mode and probably in graphic mode if everything turn out to be ok with my decoding program.
I am sorry that I just put puzzling posts every times, I just get too excited that I can't let it just sitting on my head.
Benny,

Thats very exciting stuff, history in the making and i cant wait to see the video of your creation!!! your a die hard builder for sure!!

I know how you feel as far as itching to show your work, we have R&D these printers for just over two years (I dream about this stuff) and have finally developed a professional worthy version just finalizing details and coming up with a model name T-Dozer ??????.. Im pretty meticulous with concerns of the end user and im finally satisfied with our creation accross the board.. looks like you have the same passion as a true innovator of what you enjoy, keep up the good work!!! I wish you much success in your ventures

Last edited by german13; February 27th, 2012 at 08:27 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
dragonknight (February 27th, 2012)
Old February 27th, 2012 Feb 27, 2012 8:27:38 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Thank you Jeff for the encouragement especially came from a Guru like you, it is really what give me a motivation to pass through all obstacles. I can't wait to see your new design too

The Following User Says Thank You to dragonknight For This Useful Post:
german13 (February 27th, 2012)
Old February 27th, 2012 Feb 27, 2012 8:45:15 AM -   #45 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonknight
Thank you Jeff for the encouragement especially came from a Guru like you, it is really what give me a motivation to pass through all obstacles. I can't wait to see your new design too
Everyone needs a little motivation sometimes including myself.. My father and i were working on this design before his passing just for fun, turned out to be something awesome and i know he would want to see it finished, cant tell you how hard it was going back to that project at the start but i know he's proud as its finished!! (what a good feeling and its very special to me in that regard) My wife had to kick me in the butt to get me going but it cleared my mind for the positive .. I kept worring about the white ink issues and dad said let the chemists do there job and just build the machine..lol

Last edited by german13; February 27th, 2012 at 09:23 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
aju_jp (February 27th, 2012), dragonknight (February 27th, 2012)

This is a discussion about Epson Pro 3800 that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in