[DIY DTG] New Gimp White Underbase with 3 Color Composite Printing - Page 25 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] New Gimp White Underbase with 3 Color Composite Printing

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 27th, 2011 Oct 27, 2011 11:16:36 PM -   #361 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Angel
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 959 Posts

Default Re: New Gimp White Underbase with 3 Color Composite Printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by duller999
another way to do it is have 2 dtgs one with dual cmyk and on with 8 white obviously they would have to be identical and the registration could be off but would work very well with the density problems lol
I don't see any real problem cross-aligning the registration for 2 DTGs. Needs some trial and errors though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 4:44:47 AM -   #362 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duller999
another way to do it is have 2 dtgs one with dual cmyk and on with 8 white obviously they would have to be identical and the registration could be off but would work very well with the density problems lol
I agree. It would be nice to see an implementation of this...

Bob ?;O)

Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 7:31:23 AM -   #363 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Setting ICC color profiles in Gimp

http://diydtg.wikispaces.com/Color+Profiles+in+Gimp

Bob ?;O)

The Following User Says Thank You to colorfinger For This Useful Post:
qqbob (October 29th, 2011)

Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 7:46:08 AM -   #364 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroJames
There is a vinyl with fabric top. I am not sure if it is polyester byt you can sublimate on it.
Actually, there are solvent inks that will work nicely with this... They just don't print on cotton very well....

Bob ?;O)

Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 8:07:38 AM -   #365 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

I think you guys should work the density issues out in the software.. I dont think the answer is multiple printers for density sake... multiple printers for production is a good idea but not to achieve density... to me that would be a waste of a printer that could be doubling your production instead of density..
there is some sort of programing trick for this density that you guys will have to resolve, I have seen this issue with other rips aswell.. Im not sure how ek does this with few channels but they know something and this is why so many people dont beleive it can be done, until they see it..

Keeep at it guys, it may need an extensive rewrite of the program in this area...

Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 8:22:41 AM -   #366 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
I think you guys should work the density issues out in the software.. I dont think the answer is multiple printers for density sake... multiple printers for production is a good idea but not to achieve density... to me that would be a waste of a printer that could be doubling your production instead of density..
there is some sort of programing trick for this density that you guys will have to resolve, I have seen this issue with other rips aswell.. Im not sure how ek does this with few channels but they know something and this is why so many people dont beleive it can be done, until they see it..

Keeep at it guys, it may need an extensive rewrite of the program in this area...
The version of GutenRIP published last night has a high density option. I'm waiting for my Alpha testers to see how well it works... Gutenprint has a great deal of flexibility. You can even send initialization commands straight from Gutenprint. I have allot to learn since there is no documentation on how these actually work...

Dual printers would be nice if one were dedicated to only white underprint. The registration would not be so much an issue if the registration mechanism were on the printer and was not manual. It's the implementation that is a big question in my mind. Much more practical from a cost point of view using an 1100.

IMHO, Bob ?;O)

german13 (October 28th, 2011)
Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 8:35:52 AM -   #367 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger
The version of GutenRIP published last night has a high density option. I'm waiting for my Alpha testers to see how well it works... Gutenprint has a great deal of flexibility. You can even send initialization commands straight from Gutenprint. I have allot to learn since there is no documentation on how these actually work...

Dual printers would be nice if one were dedicated to only white underprint. The registration would not be so much an issue if the registration mechanism were on the printer and was not manual. It's the implementation that is a big question in my mind. Much more practical from a cost point of view using an 1100.

IMHO, Bob ?;O)
there wouldnt be a registration problem with the printers, they print in the same spot every time once lined up in the beginning.. the much bigger problem is sending seperate jobs to each printer, and having them line up in the software is where registration issues will be, so your basically trading one issue for many more etc etc.. not to mention the white ink in the printer

Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 8:43:03 AM -   #368 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
there wouldnt be a registration problem with the printers, they print in the same spot every time once lined up in the beginning.. the much bigger problem is sending seperate jobs to each printer, and having them line up in the software is where registration issues will be, so your basically trading one issue for many more etc etc.. not to mention the white ink in the printer
We do this all the time in creating separations. This is very easy to do in Corel Photopaint and I'll assume in Photoshop as well. It's the software that makes the difference. Agreement on the white ink... That would be allot of ink to push through all the heads every day just to keep them from clogging.

Bob ?;O)

german13 (October 28th, 2011)
Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 10:02:16 AM -   #369 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

briefly,

Windows vista, 0.07

Bob,
I'm getting to the adjustment section now but when I press print, or save settings and print, Gimpgpui2 rears its ugly head and crashes. I'm assuming one of the options is setting it off. Any idea which? If not, I'll go through them....

QQBob

Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 10:14:51 AM -   #370 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqbob
briefly,

Windows vista, 0.07

Bob,
I'm getting to the adjustment section now but when I press print, or save settings and print, Gimpgpui2 rears its ugly head and crashes. I'm assuming one of the options is setting it off. Any idea which? If not, I'll go through them....

QQBob
QQBob, I'm doing some testing and there is an error in the ink files that I am correcting... New version coming soon.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited by colorfinger; October 28th, 2011 at 11:27 AM..

Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 11:53:05 AM -   #371 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
briefly,

Windows vista, 0.07

Bob,

QQBob
That's why I need feedback... To get out the bugs! Thanks QQBob. I have uploaded a revised version which I did extensive testing on to ensure this bug won't creep up on us again (He crosses his fingers)...

If you downloaded v0.0.0.7 you will need to download v0.0.0.8 to remedy the crashing issue at print.

http://diydtg.wikispaces.com/GutenRIP+Free+Epson+RIP

Thanks... Keep the feedback coming. Together we will make this a great RIP!

Bob ?;O)

Old October 28th, 2011 Oct 28, 2011 8:57:33 PM -   #372 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Wil

Hi Bob,

Thanks for all the efforts you had made for this. In version 008 I cannot find the Standard four color. I was good printing in this mode not the composite. At present, what I need is a little more density for all the channels under the output Tab. The CMYK has maximum of 2 and the Density is maximum 8. Is there a way we can adjust this a little more? I cannot find this in the xml files. Maybe in dll files.

Old October 29th, 2011 Oct 29, 2011 6:57:24 AM -   #373 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndako
Hi Bob,

Thanks for all the efforts you had made for this. In version 008 I cannot find the Standard four color. I was good printing in this mode not the composite. At present, what I need is a little more density for all the channels under the output Tab. The CMYK has maximum of 2 and the Density is maximum 8. Is there a way we can adjust this a little more? I cannot find this in the xml files. Maybe in dll files.
Wil,

What printer are you using?

Bob ?;O)

Old October 29th, 2011 Oct 29, 2011 8:58:58 AM -   #374 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bob

Nice Job Bob

1st photo is the first pass
2nd is the second pass
3rd is the colour pass upon the white underbase. Only the blue seems to be contributing
4th photo I printed the white underbase onto white paper which shows a faint yellow and blue
5th photo is the colour pass on white paper showing mostly blue with a faint yellow..

the missing photos are where I put a white sponge under the waste section of the printer to check all nozzles are firing ok which they are.

Cheers,

QQBob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0484 copy.jpg (138.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0485 copy.jpg (312.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0486 copy.jpg (370.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0490 copy.jpg (114.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0491 copy.jpg (106.5 KB, 15 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to qqbob For This Useful Post:
colorfinger (October 29th, 2011)
Old October 29th, 2011 Oct 29, 2011 9:21:09 AM -   #375 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Nice Job Bob

1st photo is the first pass
2nd is the second pass
3rd is the colour pass upon the white underbase. Only the blue seems to be contributing
4th photo I printed the white underbase onto white paper which shows a faint yellow and blue
5th photo is the colour pass on white paper showing mostly blue with a faint yellow..

the missing photos are where I put a white sponge under the waste section of the printer to check all nozzles are firing ok which they are.

Cheers,

QQBob
OUCH! Looks like a major rewrite is coming. What printer are you using? Is this an 1100?

Bob ?;O)

This is a discussion about New Gimp White Underbase with 3 Color Composite Printing that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in