[DIY DTG] Epson wf 1100 dtg - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Epson wf 1100 dtg

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 28th, 2011 Sep 28, 2011 3:47:25 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson wf 1100 dtg

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
It should also be known the the wf1100 has an inherent start up issue during intialiazation..
Thanks a lot for the information Jeff. That would explain the errors I am experiencing using "Photo" mode when printing. All the more reason to look forward to the controller you are developing .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 28th, 2011 Sep 28, 2011 4:40:19 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
I use a regulator that we developed to control this startup sequence and we are currently field testing it
you said this is something that you developed, are you in the future going to sell this piece individually? i decided to just attempt the build myself, even being broke i can afford to spend 100. on a printer. actually 109. on amazon!

Old September 28th, 2011 Sep 28, 2011 7:16:25 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hey Terry, thanks for the info. Im goig to have to try something like that. I have no bearings in on the drive rod. It is fixed in a cut brass tubing.

Having an issue with ink carts, suddenly the epson program told me that some of my colors are not recognized, has anyone experienced that before ?

Old September 28th, 2011 Sep 28, 2011 9:35:20 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoazul
Hey Terry, thanks for the info. Im goig to have to try something like that. I have no bearings in on the drive rod. It is fixed in a cut brass tubing.

Having an issue with ink carts, suddenly the epson program told me that some of my colors are not recognized, has anyone experienced that before ?
Sometimes even the original epson carts are not recognized by the printer. You could try pressing the "ink" button to replace them. then simply pulling the cartridge out and reinsert it.

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 12:42:06 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: iwane

god job..can i see result white ink

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 1:20:02 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Terry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The only experience I had with the ink light problem was because I messed up the electronics in my effort with a 1400 but that was all the colors showing no ink so thats probably not your problem.

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 4:18:35 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Dennis

There are a few people here that have working 1100's now. Voicis is one of them.

And here is a video.

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 5:29:31 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

When making the friction drive you must slot the holes in the rails allowing the pressure to be adjusted on the drive. These are the same screw holes already in the slides you just elongate them into a vertical slot.

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 6:30:20 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

If you use bearings on the drive rod that mount to a flat surface like I did, you can just slot the mounting holes for them and only have to slot two of them. Get the self aligning bearing blocks to allow a small bit of mis alignment of the sides to the drive rod.
The video shows a good working machine but wouldn't it be a good idea to find a center for the area where the printer considers the proper place to print and cut/resize the platen where the center of the platen will be the center of the print area? I would have a devil of a time getting the print centered on a T-shirt the way that one is currently printing

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 8:00:05 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFuqua
If you use bearings on the drive rod that mount to a flat surface like I did, you can just slot the mounting holes for them and only have to slot two of them. Get the self aligning bearing blocks to allow a small bit of mis alignment of the sides to the drive rod.
The video shows a good working machine but wouldn't it be a good idea to find a center for the area where the printer considers the proper place to print and cut/resize the platen where the center of the platen will be the center of the print area? I would have a devil of a time getting the print centered on a T-shirt the way that one is currently printing
i agree, that would be tough to align an image like that. so in everyone opinion, is the friction drive the best way to go or is there a different way that is better?

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 8:07:34 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Wil

Does pushing back the tray will not break the drive motor? I can imagine in this friction drive that the tray over the drive rod will make it turn in reverse when pushing back to the start position and the drive motor as well.

How about the ink, has anyone tried a dtg ink already on this printer(WF1100)? How about the clogging issue with this ink?

The video above shows a successful conversion but the printout is not that good.

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 8:16:47 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndako
Does pushing back the tray will not break the drive motor? I can imagine in this friction drive that the tray over the drive rod will make it turn in reverse when pushing back to the start position and the drive motor as well.

How about the ink, has anyone tried a dtg ink already on this printer(WF1100)? How about the clogging issue with this ink?

The video above shows a successful conversion but the printout is not that good.
i have read in previous post that it will not hurt the motor pushing it back to start possition, but dont take my word for it i havent built one yet. and there are people testing it with dtg ink and say it works great if you read the very long forum about the 1900 build on the last few pages you will see this.

The Following User Says Thank You to 211chucky For This Useful Post:
johndako (September 29th, 2011)
Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 9:10:23 AM -   #28 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

If you don't want to push it back, you can rig up a relay or two to make it reture to start position wit a switch. As slow as this printer prints, a switch for return to start might "look" more professional if your using it in a marketing situation where people are watching you work( like a flea market) and possibly add to the "draw" for people to come to your stand so you can then make the sale.

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 9:40:43 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Is there any instructions on this anywhere

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 9:55:07 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

mostly just referances, not a real how to. try looking through the "mission accomplished" DIY DTG thread. It'spretty long so get comfortable and pay attention because its easy to miss things. It is/was a work in progress so you need to read it all to get all the information. Somethings worked from the start without change but some things were changed as the thread goes along because of a percieved better way or part or machine to do it with.

This is a discussion about Epson wf 1100 dtg that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in