T-Shirt Forums banner

Exclusive Servicing Program for Epson 2200

[DIY DTG] 
4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  TropSi 
#1 ·
I'm refurbishing a DTG K1 and have been reading the Epson 2200 service manual for instruction on disassembly.

There is a reference in section 5 to a "Exclusive Servicing Program" - which appears to be a software program that amongst other things - facilitates adjusting the print head after printing test patterns.

Questions:
1) After removal and replacement of the carriage assy and print head - are there any software driven tests and adjustments required?

2) If 1 = true, would anyone know where can I get a copy of the "Exclusive Servicing Program"?

Gaver

#2 ·
#4 ·
If you look on page 197 this is the "Exclusive Service Program". Its basically a Epson Mainteance Program.

It is really not necessary, unless you are having problems or changing your motherboards with a NoN-DTG motherboard.

You can Google it online or here on the forums.

Free Adjustment Program Epson T10 - download

Fast T-Jet Adjustment Program

Dazzabling -you were right... the T-Jet program is exactly what I was looking for - thank you very much for your assistance!

Gaver

#3 ·
C,

Thanks for the rapid response!

I took the carriage assembly off - which means I have to level the print head again to some basepoint on the printer.

There are instructions for attaching a plate and aligator clips to the plate, then adjusting the left side aft carriage shaft height till the print head touches the plate (tool) then back off one notch, then lock down and repeat on other locations - it also references printing a test pattern of some sort using the program to see if the head is aligned to the print surface correctly.

1) The first link you provided is not working for me the program you referenced is not on the page ...
2) The second link appears to be for resetting the ink pad overide.

On page 157 of the service manual it says I need to make adjustments (if carriage assy removed) to the following items:

1 PG adjustment
2 CR Tooth skip prevention mech. adj.
3 Head Cleaning
4 Head Angular Adjustment
5 Bi-D adj.
6 Pixel Shift Adj.

I'm particularly interested in number 4 above - Epson (elsewhere in the manual) indicates that if the head is not alligned correctly to the print surface it will print too much red (go figure).

When I get to section 5 (pg 188) it states I need the Exclusive Servicing Program as a part of the adjustment process for setting the correct gap and making the head parrallel to the printing surface - it also indicates I need a set of gauges made specifically for this process.

Do you - or anyone else know where I can get a copy of the Exclusive Servicing Program - and a set of the adjustment gauges?

I tried searching google for a couple of hours this am - and was not able to locate any programs that mirror what is being described here.

They (we) probably changed the name of the program - and I just don't know which name it goes by now for the Epson 2100/2200.

Thanks again,

Gaver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.