T-Shirt Forums banner

Epson R1900 DTG thorough documentation, photo, and video forum

[DIY DTG] 
486K views 1K replies 152 participants last post by  epsom 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This thread is for the purpose of deep documentation of the R1900 DIYDTG build. We welcome anybody that has an input to add, no egos here. Special thanks to the team that made the other DIYDTGs possible.

Admin note: this project was never completed. If you need help building a DIYDTG, please read through the active thread here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t120740.html

#73 ·
Nope that is next. I want to look at it and see exactly how it works and learn its steps. I think it is time to start adding in some video. Then i will disassemble one. I am not so fast although I do intend to keep up the documentation.

After I am successful I will build another with my use (art world) in mind.

#74 ·
Nope that is next. I want to look at it and see exactly how it works and learn its steps. I think it is time to start adding in some video. Then i will disassemble one. I am not so fast although I do intend to keep up the documentation.

After I am successful I will build another with my use (art world) in mind.
I wish I had been that smart but I tore mine down 2 days before I even had the plywood. I'm a little worried about clogged heads but its only a 1400 so its a might cheaper for replacement if I need another for parts. In my defence, I had been waiting to do this since the first day makemygraphics started the "$150 DTG" thread so I figured I had waited long enough since I had enough information to do this within my budget. :D

#79 ·
Here is some drawings that I made of future plans to try. Been thinking of this as step two in the future. One is a belt drive the keeps the original ratio of the drive system Using the original drive. The second is a tube frame. Both were inspired by ideas I found while reading here.

Attachments

#84 ·
its usually 349-379..

go to epson online (epson store)

go to clearance center (refurbs) click inkjet printers!! it will give you a list.. this price includes a completely refurbed printer by epson.. and free shiping.. just checked this morning the have the r1900 for 379.00;)

#90 ·
Guys it is amazing that a guy decided to break this printer apart and push until it worked. What is more amazing is that others rallied around this guy and pushed this project along. The brain power in this forum blows my mind. I have read so much neat stuff here and saw so many incredible neat angles on the same problem that it becomes hard to decide what direction to go. What I am trying to say is thank you to all who started this, pushed this forward, comment and continue to push forward. I am glad to be a part of this. I was under the impression that the industrial revolution was dead!

#420 ·
What a WONDERFUL Statement; I was desperately trying to figure HOW I was going to come up with $20,000 to purchase a DTG Printer! Then I started looking on youtube.com and watching all the videos and decided "If they did it, I can do it!" Low and behold I found the link to this thread and logged back into my t-shirtforums acount after an 18 month absence.

I thank EVERYONE here for the "UnSelfish" sharing of information!

#92 ·
A lot of people have asked me what I am using to draw my stuff. It is Google Sketchup, it’s very easy, it’s free and has free video training. You will be productive within 20 min and be able to draw anything that I have. You can download it here sketchup.google.com

#93 ·
Ok she will be in my hands tomorrow! Expect lots of videos, photos, and post to follow. I plan on first shorting the case and cover switches. I will remove the case and the studying how this thing acts and reacts. I want to know how every part works and how it plays in the machine as a whole. I will video tape with comments before and after I slowly rip it apart. Hopefully Nick will have his internet up as I want him to model the pertinent parts in Sketchup. Wish me luck!

#101 ·
Nice shirt. Like it. Once you finish this build it will be all so simple. When Jeff was helping me I ask the same question over and over. I know he was going, what does this guy do for a living again??
Whats the old saying. Watch one, do one, teach one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.