[DIY DTG] Multirip GP+Epson2200 based printer (by china) troubles - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Multirip GP+Epson2200 based printer (by china) troubles

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 19th, 2010 Dec 19, 2010 4:43:08 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Petr
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Multirip GP+Epson2200 based printer (by china) troubles

I have strange troubles with my chinese printer and multirip gp.

Using Multirip i am import images, make white layer using "use white only ink" or other option and send task to printer. Printer pretends that its printing, but without white ink.

Head cleaned and i can print small white images. Troubles only with big images.

I can print correctly images on light garment (without white ink)

Sometimes i can print big white images. But most of the times printer print white background without ink 8).

I have troubles with printer or with MultiRip GP?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2010 Dec 19, 2010 7:03:24 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Default Re: Multirip GP+Epson2200 based printer (by china) troubles

Have you printed a nozzle check on a piece of transparency paper to make sure that the white inks nozzles are printing properly? That is the first place I would start looking at.

Have no clue much about your printer and how they set it up. Can you print a small design made up of four blocks of color (CMYK) that is no more than 3" wide x 3" tall? I ask because you said you can't print large designs. This will let you know if your printer can even handle small designs on dark garments. If you are able to do this, then increase the design a little bit each time till you get an error message or the problem occurs. Once that happens, run a nozzle check to see if the nozzles are still firing.

You probably have an issue with ink starvation. In other words, you don't have problems with small designs... but when you do larger designs you are not getting enough ink to the print head and thus it has no ink to fire out of the print head. Can you post what your ink delivery system looks like, the height of the bottles / bags compared to the print head,...?

Just my suggestion based on the little amount of information provided. Best wishes,

Mark

This is a discussion about Multirip GP+Epson2200 based printer (by china) troubles that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in