[DIY DTG] Odd DTG based on 2200 behavior. Any ideas? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Odd DTG based on 2200 behavior. Any ideas?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 18th, 2010 Jul 18, 2010 9:59:15 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Essen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Odd DTG based on 2200 behavior. Any ideas?

I have a nice working DTG based on an epson 2200 that prints great on both light and dark garments... but it has this weird thing where each pass it goes over to the edge and spits out some ink. I have to put protective masking tape along the edge of my shirts to protect them. It is very odd and I was wondering if anyone knew what the printer is doing and why.

It didn't do it until I fried my main board by dropping a piece of metal on it. I bought another 2200 and pulled the board out of it and replaced it.

Also my head clogged while waiting for the replacement parts and I did a head clean with a syringe using positive pressure water and ammonia.

I didn't have the eprom backed up, so I went through all the calibrations and such but It still does it.

Any ideas as to what the heck I did to this thing and how to bring it back?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2787.JPG (1.22 MB, 43 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2010 Jul 18, 2010 1:39:36 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: Odd DTG based on 2200 behavior. Any ideas?

what is the measurment of your shirtboard?

Old July 18th, 2010 Jul 18, 2010 3:59:57 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jon
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by essen48183
but it has this weird thing where each pass it goes over to the edge and spits out some ink. I have to put protective masking tape along the edge of my shirts to protect them. It is very odd and I was wondering if anyone knew what the printer is doing and why.

It didn't do it until I fried my main board by dropping a piece of metal on it. I bought another 2200 and pulled the board out of it and replaced it.
It's a normal function of the 2200 firmware, if you look at the unmodified printer you bought for the board it should have a "Spit Station" on the left side of the printer, I'd assume you had a modified firmware on your other board that shorted out?

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to IYFGraphics For This Useful Post:
essen48183 (July 18th, 2010)

Old July 18th, 2010 Jul 18, 2010 7:13:38 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Essen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks Jon,

I was going to fashion a "spit station" if I wasn't able to stop it from happening. I must have just not noticed it before. I was using alot of paper instead of tshirts early on also and my platten top was loose, and it was probably offset from its current position.

Zanone, It is 13x19... but it is about 1/2" outboard from the head docking area than a normal piece of paper would be.

Thanks guys, I'll move my platen over a 1/2". I was going to do that anyway so my prints would end up in the center without any issues. Then I'll look through the pile of extra parts.

This is a discussion about Odd DTG based on 2200 behavior. Any ideas? that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in