[DIY DTG] Mission accomplished "license to thrill" - Page 12 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Mission accomplished "license to thrill"

Like Tree114Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 10th, 2010 Aug 10, 2010 2:49:21 PM -   #166 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger
Thanks for the memories...
Best wishes bob, hate to see you go it will not be and it hasn't been the same without you..

thanks for keeping me motivated when i was going crazy with this thing...

Hope your not leaving due to the frustration this project has been, (WE) did it.. need anything let me know..i have the same phone # in chicago aswell.
I'm sure you will have no problem getting rid of the two 1900"s

blessings...

Last edited by german13; August 10th, 2010 at 02:55 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 10th, 2010 Aug 10, 2010 2:56:46 PM -   #167 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks, you're a good friend...

Bob ?;O)

Old August 10th, 2010 Aug 10, 2010 3:07:33 PM -   #168 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Thanks, you're a good friend...

Bob ?;O)
Hey bob,

you didnt mention what size and brand the inks are on your site? also the printers what condition? are they complete units never tore down?

if you dont get rid of those printers in the next couple weeks!!! ill get with you

Old August 10th, 2010 Aug 10, 2010 3:16:29 PM -   #169 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The inks are 3/4 full cymk 4oz bottles and one full k... The printers are both used and have not been torn down yet.

One of the printers came with a set of ink cartridges but one is empty and I could not get it to print a test print. The other printer has no cartridges whatsoever. They have been used with standard ink not DTG and SHOULD be fine with cleaning. Each is provided with a set of refillable empty cartridges. The price is right and no warranty is implied.

I hope that helps... The information is on the website.

Thanks Jeff,

Bob ?;O)

Old August 10th, 2010 Aug 10, 2010 4:04:57 PM -   #170 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: R1900BUILD-Mission accomplished "license to thrill"

Are you going post a DIY guide to build the R1900 DTG printer? If yes hopefully simple to the point where the average idiot can build it or at least attempt too.

Old August 10th, 2010 Aug 10, 2010 4:26:33 PM -   #171 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Default Re: R1900BUILD-Mission accomplished "license to thrill"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith2009smm
Are you going post a DIY guide to build the R1900 DTG printer? If yes hopefully simple to the point where the average idiot can build it or at least attempt too.
all the info is pretty much here in one form or another

Im not going to do step by step instruction manual if thats what your asking? you have prolly just dropped in the discussion of the timing arrangment regarding the belt, dont let that discourge you its easy ... everything is very simple if your a little mechanically inclined... thats the real savings in this project is building it yourself or having a friend etc help if your lacking the skills..

i have no issue with helping anyone or answering specific questions regarding the build however.. but my time is pretty much over run as is..

i do have a few things in motion regarding the printers but its just talk at this point! we will see what the future holds...

Old August 10th, 2010 Aug 10, 2010 8:29:00 PM -   #172 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Benny

Quote:
Thanks for the memories...
Hope to see you again Bob

Old August 10th, 2010 Aug 10, 2010 10:18:13 PM -   #173 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Simon

Good bye Bob. Good luck whatever you 'll do

Old August 11th, 2010 Aug 11, 2010 2:20:00 PM -   #174 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

still undecided on the direction for the pulley set-up... i did get the imformation i needed to resolve my questions .. i have a few different options..so i guess i will flip a coin before ordering parts..

Old August 11th, 2010 Aug 11, 2010 2:25:05 PM -   #175 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Arf

Just out of curiosity Jeff what version of the EKRIP are you on now ?

Old August 11th, 2010 Aug 11, 2010 3:25:00 PM -   #176 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArferMo
Just out of curiosity Jeff what version of the EKRIP are you on now ?
I am using EKRIP version 3.4.3 r1900..

it had alot of features to begin with but mine is heavily modified.. im like the test guinea pig for this (diydtg) based on my design... as i relay info they modify it to the needs of the printer, send it back for my testing in a beta version..then when i see that its good i relay back and they update the modifications to the real deal..then i test again..lol

everything is pretty much worked out these mods are in roll mode aswell.. im working on the new drive so there will be one more mod yet... there great people-fast to get it modified usually less than a day, and it works remarkably..to say the least.. i keep saying this but the table feed adjustment and gap adjust feature are priceless. its a must have for diydtg..

hope it helps..

Old August 11th, 2010 Aug 11, 2010 8:15:21 PM -   #177 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

made the decision on the drive...found the parts!!!! and right off the self...

i thought the cost would be more than the belt set up but after the math this way is cheaper?

the best part is the set-up is extremely simple..

its a rack and pinion drive... extremely acurate with less backlash compared to a belt..and nothing will ever need tentioning its a metal track metal gear..

that being said theres one component to this equation i have never dealt with...so i decieded to take the road less traveled..if the engineering works as designed it will be an astonishing dtg to say the least (just that one component that makes me nervous)... everything is in place the rip is setup to operate it as intended... i cant say enough about these guys they have bent over backwards for my little project and for a guy with no previous experience building dtg's...

we will see what happens when she gets together.. to be continued............

Old August 11th, 2010 Aug 11, 2010 8:39:36 PM -   #178 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Essen

i gotta rework my math as well. my belts move about 3 times as fast as the pf surface. shot a board that was there for the purpose of going along for a test ride right out the front. the book that was on it for weight did that magic trick where you pull the tablecloth and the dishes remain. punchline: the book title was "Speedmath".

Old August 11th, 2010 Aug 11, 2010 9:51:35 PM -   #179 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Essen

O.K. I was in a hurry. I switched a numerator and denominator. My math above is otherwise correct. the gear sizes are correct. The 12 tooth gear goes on the frontmost paper feed shaft (outboard of everything otherwise it will make contact with the head) The 30 tooth goes on the front platen shaft. And the 4- 15 tooths go on all corners of the drive system.... I ordered them from Jeffs place in the link above. I bored any that weren't bored for 5/16 shafts. it maths out to be within thousandths of an inch, seems dead on now. At least I didn't have to order different gears and wait for them! I would add that a pillow block bearing supporting that 30 tooth gear is probably a necessity in the outboard gear config... I will be adding that before I do any more testing.

Old August 12th, 2010 Aug 12, 2010 1:55:27 PM -   #180 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by essen48183
O.K. I was in a hurry. I switched a numerator and denominator. My math above is otherwise correct. the gear sizes are correct. The 12 tooth gear goes on the frontmost paper feed shaft (outboard of everything otherwise it will make contact with the head) The 30 tooth goes on the front platen shaft. And the 4- 15 tooths go on all corners of the drive system.... I ordered them from Jeffs place in the link above. I bored any that weren't bored for 5/16 shafts. it maths out to be within thousandths of an inch, seems dead on now. At least I didn't have to order different gears and wait for them! I would add that a pillow block bearing supporting that 30 tooth gear is probably a necessity in the outboard gear config... I will be adding that before I do any more testing.
so this belt system requires three belts? and a minimum of three drive shafts and 6 pulleys..wow -at least how i see it working it would require this using the original shaft.. 2 platen belts-and one belt from the pf to one of the platen drive shafts (gearing down platen speed) so you have a total of 4 belts with the original coming off the motor to the encoder?

its alot of belts eh? if you went to a fixed platen i suppose you could eliminate one of them... if your interested i have a solution for only using two belts.. just down size the shaft go with a 312 pitch pulley and drive directly off that.. then any other pulleys as idlers will not need to be sized either, you can use a small idler this way.

cant wait to see the vid of your setup....

This is a discussion about Mission accomplished "license to thrill" that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in