T-Shirt Forums

T-Shirt Forums (https://www.t-shirtforums.com/)
-   DIY DTG (https://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/)
-   -   Mission accomplished "license to thrill" (https://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t120740.html)

zanone February 13th, 2011 10:52 AM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by schenk (Post 848210)
@zanone
i have a question about a hoop, if you use a hoop does the printer "read"the outside dimensions of the aluminium frame or does it read the inside dimensions. i'm pretty sure that it reads the outside but i just want to sure. are your outside dimesions 12,9x16 inches?
that would take of a few cm of the printing area i imagine

my printer is not reading the platen size at all. i have disconnected the paperwide sensor because of misreadings.
but you are right when the hoop is used you will "waste" a few cm of printing area. i prefer to use the hoop indeed because i simply had to many headcrashes when i was priting under time pressure. i have also created a photoshop template which considers the smaller printing area.

schenk February 13th, 2011 11:08 AM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
39 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zanone (Post 851084)
my printer is not reading the platen size at all. i have disconnected the paperwide sensor because of misreadings.
but you are right when the hoop is used you will "waste" a few cm of printing area. i prefer to use the hoop indeed because i simply had to many headcrashes when i was priting under time pressure. i have also created a photoshop template which considers the smaller printing area.

wow that could be very interesting for my build.
so you just removed the PW sensor from the ribbon cable and it still prints? also in manual mode?

zanone February 13th, 2011 12:22 PM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by schenk (Post 851091)
wow that could be very interesting for my build.
so you just removed the PW sensor from the ribbon cable and it still prints? also in manual mode?

yes i simply removed the cable, BUT my machine is based on the epson 2100/2200 , see here https://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t85895.html

102557 February 13th, 2011 05:36 PM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andygreen (Post 850994)
Hey Jeff,

First of all congrats on the build, you have convinced me after stumbling across this thread this morning....Iíve just read it all. How good is this....i was seriously looking into finance on a Brother DTG and it was working out about £50 per week for 5 years...what a noose over the entrepreneur neck, i agree with you whole heartedly and think that this is definitely the way forward....Iím going to be gathering my bits and pieces over the next month or so to undertake a build...do you think its worth waiting on for the plans for the steel frame or just crack on with version 2? I will be taking loads of photos / vid's too and will hopefully become a poster in this community! Hi from the UK to all, congrats to those who have built and good luck to those who are going to undertake, hopefully we can be help to each other.

anyone know of a reputable source for the R1900 service manual? some of the sites have taken to me a user guide and some look a bit dodgy, any info on this will be most appreciated....

Cant wait to get crackin!


Cant wait to get crackin!

pm.. with your email and i can direct you to the service manual;)

the V3 is the it diydtg/ dtg IMHO.. It has a faster print speed due to some design and setting changes and is an overall better designed and functioning machine. if your familiar with the 12x13.5 surfshark print in the vid which printed at 4:34 at 14xx sqaure equiv image , i have brought this same image print time down to around the 3:40 minute mark, i can also lower the resolution and get even better.... all i can say is its it....

I considered addind an auto return "which still can be done" however the manual just cant be beat as far as speed/production go...

Im kickin around throwin the 1400 on the v3 frame and seeing what it can do with its 6 channels ( 90 nozzles per channel (cmyk-ww) in comparrison to the 1900.. ;)

102557 February 13th, 2011 05:39 PM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by schenk (Post 851091)
wow that could be very interesting for my build.
so you just removed the PW sensor from the ribbon cable and it still prints? also in manual mode?

FYI.. you cant run in manual roll with out the pw sensor, the 1900 will error because this sensor reads the platen "finds registration... you cant fool with any of the sensors really on a 1900 without utilizing there existing functions..

you can run in sheet mode it doesnt read the platen.. but you cant remove the sensor it will error!! it will not find its own registration in sheet mode, so when loading platen if its incorrect registration can be affected when doing dark shirts.. there are ways to eliminate this!!!!

I have tried every sensor possibility imaginable on the 1900 and have tested in all three modes...

Sign Dog February 13th, 2011 08:35 PM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
3 Attachment(s)
Got a little more done on my frame today, been pretty busy lately, here are a few more picts of the build, sure hope it works when I get through with it, also ordered some of the ark reset refillable carts, if everything goes OK I will post how thy work.
Thanks

102557 February 13th, 2011 08:42 PM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sign Dog (Post 851409)
Got a little more done on my frame today, been pretty busy lately, here are a few more picts of the build, sure hope it works when I get through with it, also ordered some of the ark reset refillable carts, if everything goes OK I will post how thy work.
Thanks

Jeff,

Did you cad your design? or draw up demensions. Just curious thats expensive material to cut up!!!

like your prowess however!!!;)

Sign Dog February 13th, 2011 09:09 PM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by german13 (Post 851413)
Jeff,

Did you cad your design? or draw up demensions. Just curious thats expensive material to cut up!!!

like your prowess however!!!;)

No drawings I just kinda plan it out in my head before I start building, that probably sounds stupid but thats the way I usually build, the 80/20 is really not that expensive for what it is I will have about $120.00 the frame.

102557 February 13th, 2011 09:22 PM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sign Dog (Post 851428)
No drawings I just kinda plan it out in my head before I start building, that probably sounds stupid but thats the way I usually build, the 80/20 is really not that expensive for what it is I will have about $120.00 the frame.

:p.................

102557 February 13th, 2011 10:44 PM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Heres a summary of the decoder board i was sent.... hope those arc carts work because this will not be fun...:)

bjdbjd February 14th, 2011 01:40 AM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by german13 (Post 849399)
..... P.S you will need bigger ink supply lines, other than the stock ones that come with the cheap bulk systems to prevent ink starvation and to keep from the printhead over heating and slowing down.

Hi Jeff, what minimum inner diameter of ink supply lines you would recommend us to prevent ink starvation and to keep from the printhead over heating and slowing down? 1.5 mm?

dragonknight February 14th, 2011 02:20 AM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sign Dog (Post 851428)
No drawings I just kinda plan it out in my head before I start building, that probably sounds stupid but thats the way I usually build, the 80/20 is really not that expensive for what it is I will have about $120.00 the frame.

Old school way...I like it though...I always like it when it is using metal/aluminum material

sapdiffusion February 14th, 2011 09:41 AM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
A NEW VIDEO WITH MY DTG PRINTER MACHINE MADE IN FRANCE
PRINTING A RUGBY BALON AND PRINTING A PHONE

AND
YouTube - sapdiffusion's Channel

102557 February 14th, 2011 11:06 AM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjdbjd (Post 851537)
Hi Jeff, what minimum inner diameter of ink supply lines you would recommend us to prevent ink starvation and to keep from the printhead over heating and slowing down? 1.5 mm?

Im still testing mine and used some original lines from one of the better ciss systems "it has bigger supply lines than others" so far no issues..

you may be better served talking to randy (spiderx1) on this, he has ran bulk systems on his commercial machine far longer than i have...:)

spiderx1 February 14th, 2011 11:28 AM

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by german13 (Post 851890)
Im still testing mine and used some original lines from one of the better ciss systems "it has bigger supply lines than others" so far no issues..

you may be better served talking to randy (spiderx1) on this, he has ran bulk systems on his commercial machine far longer than i have...:)

I run 3mm or .125 inch ID. You can go a little less but not much. Also watch the barb size for the line connection. You will find if you trim back the tip just a hair it will open up a little more, If the lines do not want to stay tightly on the barb you can put some shrink tube over the barb and trim as required.
Bottle height is very important, start with ink level at printhead height, move up until you get dropletts on the bottom of the print head, then drop down .5 inches at a time. with bottles you will have to change the height as the ink level changes, this changes the head pressure. Bags laying flat are not as affected by this change in ink level. this is why for best performance you keep your ink levels same. Also if you had a drastic weather change, such as a hurricane you may have to adjust bottles up. This is related directly to the barometric pressure. Std pressure is 29.92 inches of mercury. Hurrican may drop to 24,50 inches. A great sunny day may be 31.00 inches each inch of change is equal to 1,000 feet of elevation change. Which brings up the point that a person at higher elevations needs bottles higher than a person at sea level.
Back to CISS tubes, the ones that come with the systems from the internet are way to small. American Screen Supply and Equipment Zone sell great CISS systems but really not needed for DTG,


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:23 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.