[DIY DTG] Behavioral Problem - Image elongated CIS on Workforce 1100 - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Behavioral Problem - Image elongated CIS on Workforce 1100

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 9th, 2010 Jun 9, 2010 6:43:04 PM -   #46 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Re: Behavioral Problem...

what killed me was when i broke the relay board...i couldnt make it print once a day as i usually do...so i was worried about the clogging...with good reason...im shocked it clogged that quickly? i cant even imagine what white ink would've done..?

i might even be able to unclog the head once its going...as a back up

im going to buy an extra set of carts just for cleaning solution, i think thats the ticket. just flush it out if you will not be using it for a couple days..

im going to wait till next week to start fooling with it... that will be good for my anger management..lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 10th, 2010 Jun 10, 2010 9:55:35 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well, as for flushing it out with cleaning fluid... I have done similar things with other printers and I really like this product:
~HCF30 - Head Cleaning Fluid in 1 oz Eye Dropper Bottle :: www.inksupply.com
Notice, it's even good for storage. The only bad thing is that it's kind of expensive and it only comes in 1 oz bottles. Does anyone know of a similar product that's cheaper, more plentiful, and equally effective?? I have never tried Windex Classic. But I imagine you wouldn't want to store a printer for a prolonged time with carts full of Windex... it may be a little acidic? But just for flushing it out, maybe Windex is the way to go.

Old June 10th, 2010 Jun 10, 2010 11:49:05 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Jeff,

Are you using a CIS? If the ink reservoirs are too low then you might be getting ink starvation.

Bob

Old June 10th, 2010 Jun 10, 2010 3:21:58 PM -   #49 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger
Jeff,

Are you using a CIS? If the ink reservoirs are too low then you might be getting ink starvation.

Bob
no im just using...refill carts from dtginks.com untill i get comfortable then ill go from there, and then to white ink... i did a nozzle check and one side of the cmyk was bad and the other i got nothing out of, so it was clogged from sitting... im positive i fried the pw sensor board when i got windex on it because i seen the pw sensor light come on and heard a high pitch noise ie( board frying)..

im going to order a new printer tonight.. everything is made and done so all i have to do is disassemble the new printer and cut my rear path in it and bolt it down.....

im just really mad at myself for doing a stupid thing...

another costly learning experience..

it was all worth it...you guys are going to love this setup...it works awesome..

Last edited by german13; June 10th, 2010 at 03:28 PM..

Old June 10th, 2010 Jun 10, 2010 9:11:52 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

ordered the r1900 printer from epson store online.. got lucky this time they had some refurbished r1900s in there clearance section, they didnt have one last time, i went thru ebay...

i think the epson refurbs are hard to beat, basically a new printer for 379.00 with free shipping.. as long as its the regular ground shipping..you can pay an extra to have it shipped faster which i did not.. ill have some spare parts now as well..lol

should be here no later than 5 days.. looking forward to it..

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 12:35:22 PM -   #51 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

ok guys here is my print test at different resolutions, directly from the rip. (i posted this under the new day thread also)

as you will notice the best print is the 1400x1400.

my conclusion is the belt is to stretchy or giving a bit at lower resolution, seems to be a little more jerky in this res..

what do you guys make of this before i tear in and replace the belt?

thanks in advance

jeff

Last edited by german13; June 8th, 2011 at 09:43 PM..

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 12:39:25 PM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Jeff, I think you need to tension the belt.

Bob

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 12:49:58 PM -   #53 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Jeff, I think you need to tension the belt.

Bob
bob,

i did try this (belt tensioning) i went all the way to the point to where the printer would error due to the stress put on the pf motor.. it gave the same results..

im watching the belt very closely and it seems to stretch a bit at its stepped movement even when tensioned to the max.. and its a greater distorsion at lower res, because it seems the steps are bigger and a little more jerky?

but i really would hate to tear into it and replace the belt if its another issue, but i cant seem to come up with anything else?

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 12:52:10 PM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Perhaps this is the problem I have been having. My belt is much longer.

Bob

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 1:00:38 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Perhaps this is the problem I have been having. My belt is much longer.

Bob
im not quite sure this is the issue, but im pretty confident.. the build is tight and everything was lined with laser level..

the belt has the holes in its material and i believe this allows that stretch..

maybe if we go to the solid material it will resolve the issue.

i'm going to wait for a few more replies, maybe its something im missing? I'm sure a commercial tech could answer this in a second, however i dont expect any responses from them for obvious reasons.. all the issues ive heard regarding resolution (video i posted interview regarding mod 1) say its harder to print in a high res? mine is just the opposite?

as soon as i get this worked out im ready to make some shirts..

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 1:39:05 PM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

bob,

when you get a chance try this..

print a nozzle check, and when it goes to print the checkered square underneath the colors watch the belt at these tiny movements...you will see what i mean by this stretch im talking about... when it prints the colors from the nozzle check it is absolutely perfect there is no movement of the pf when this happens thats what brings me to think the issue is the belt material?

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 1:46:50 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I've been dealing with this problem for weeks and I haven't licked it. Could be that the belt paradigm is flawed. I purchased real belt material but it was way too heavy. It could be possible to place the platen on a number of rods and have the drive belt stretched over them all. Sounds like allot of work.

Bob

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 2:34:36 PM -   #58 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I've been dealing with this problem for weeks and I haven't licked it. Could be that the belt paradigm is flawed. I purchased real belt material but it was way too heavy. It could be possible to place the platen on a number of rods and have the drive belt stretched over them all. Sounds like allot of work.

Bob
Bob,

That's the set up I have. I have five rods with the belt stretched over it. I am going to purchase a non-stretch material for the belt and try it. Judging from the dtg viper material that they use and the issues that we are having with this particular belt, I'm confident that this is the issue.

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 7:34:09 PM -   #59 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Default Re: Behavioral Problem - Image elongated CIS on Workforce 1100

confirmed

the issue was with the belt material...it has been resolved..

thanks for the support

Old August 10th, 2010 Aug 10, 2010 11:45:11 AM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Default Re: Behavioral Problem - Image elongated CIS on Workforce 1100

Thanks for the memories...

This is a discussion about Behavioral Problem - Image elongated CIS on Workforce 1100 that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in