[DIY DTG] Behavioral Problem - Image elongated CIS on Workforce 1100 - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Behavioral Problem - Image elongated CIS on Workforce 1100

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 1st, 2010 Jun 1, 2010 2:43:54 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Behavioral Problem...

Sure, I'll post it for you this evening....

Bob ?;O)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2010 Jun 1, 2010 5:54:18 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Here's the print... This logo should be a circle....

Bob ?;O)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warp.JPG (73.5 KB, 39 views)

Old June 1st, 2010 Jun 1, 2010 9:45:25 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

bob,

Im sure its the roller setup...bigger rollers on your conveyor will make your travel distance longer ie the elongated shape..

it has to be a 1to 1 ratio... your set up has the conveyor geared up..

i cant say that at 100% but im pretty sure.. check out the 1270-1290 conveyor build thread..looks like hes pulling right of the pf shaft...some of his rollers are bigger, but there lined on top... here is the vid...

Last edited by german13; June 1st, 2010 at 10:00 PM..

Old June 1st, 2010 Jun 1, 2010 11:36:35 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Simon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

hmmmm
when the roller is bigger or smaller you have banding, i guess your drive system is ok cause i cant see any lines.
even in full quality mode you can see horizontal lines
how thick is the roller?
have you added any other gears?
what are the print settings?
have you tried printing through epson driver?
can you post a closer pic?

Old June 2nd, 2010 Jun 2, 2010 6:13:08 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

A closer picture will reveal nothing. It is a solid print. First, I've spoken with several engineers where I work and they confirm that the belt's rate does not change. If the rod moves the belt one inch then it would move one inch under the print head. Logically if it were due to the fact that the roller is larger than the rod then it would be moving slower and not faster... The rod's rate of movement is fixed by the sensor. It will not slow down

That's what I was thinking but the elongated image means that it is moving faster not slower. The larger gear moves at a slower rate. You would have to run another gear to take advantage of this change... No new gear exists.

No, I really think that it might be because the encoder is not at a 45 degree angle and the rod is moving a bit farther to get it's tick count. I will test this out when I have time to put it back together... This is the simplest change else I will replace the first conveyor roller with a 5/16" rod to test you theory.

Thanks for the input guys,

Bob ?;O)

Old June 2nd, 2010 Jun 2, 2010 9:10:01 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Bob,

Hope you get it going, i really believe it has something to do with the small 5/16 drive rod and the bigger 1 rollers..

on any motorized vehicle with sprockets or gears...like a motor cycle,atv, etc for performance they change there sprockets...and i gaurantee you it makes a differrence..i did this on my 2004 suzuki gxxr 750 and it makes a world of difference... a smaller sprocket on the back wheel makes the wheel spin faster, regardless of the power source..

i understand your encoder theory, but it thinks its moving a 5/16 rod..your transferring that same movement to a 1 or bigger roller?

good luck

Last edited by german13; June 2nd, 2010 at 09:30 AM..

Old June 2nd, 2010 Jun 2, 2010 9:44:59 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Jeff, Perhaps I'm wrong... Let's look at it this way... If you are driving a bicycle in low gear it takes less energy to peddle. This is matching a small sprocket to a small sprocket. But if you increase the gear (A larger sprocket) it takes more energy to push... If you peddle at the same rate as you did with the smaller sprocket you will go faster.

I won't have any cash to pour into my money hole till this weekend. Sorry we'll have to wait till then to find the answer. I'll have to purchase a 5/16" rod and figure out how to eliminate the friction on it in place of one of the conveyor rollers... The drive rod will have to drive this new rod instead of a conveyor roller.

Bob ?;O)

Old June 2nd, 2010 Jun 2, 2010 10:11:10 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger
Jeff, Perhaps I'm wrong... Let's look at it this way... If you are driving a bicycle in low gear it takes less energy to peddle. This is matching a small sprocket to a small sprocket. But if you increase the gear (A larger sprocket) it takes more energy to push... If you peddle at the same rate as you did with the smaller sprocket you will go faster.

I won't have any cash to pour into my money hole till this weekend. Sorry we'll have to wait till then to find the answer. I'll have to purchase a 5/16" rod and figure out how to eliminate the friction on it in place of one of the conveyor rollers... The drive rod will have to drive this new rod instead of a conveyor roller.

Bob ?;O)

bob..

heres what im referencing, when speaking about gear ratios on a bike..here is a great article on the subject...should help you ..i hope..
Motorcycle Sprocket Selection and Gearing Fundamentals

Old June 2nd, 2010 Jun 2, 2010 1:42:05 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Can you print at 360dpi without slippage? this test will reveal everything wrong IMHO, at least for the 2200

Old June 4th, 2010 Jun 4, 2010 5:54:18 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Well I bought a 5/16" rod and my friend has cut it for me... I'll be putting it all back together tonight! Wish me luck!

Bob ?;O)

Old June 4th, 2010 Jun 4, 2010 6:12:05 PM -   #26 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Wunschen Ihnen Gluck....!!!!

Old June 4th, 2010 Jun 4, 2010 9:02:41 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

If you altered the stock 12mm axis you will definitely need to add gears or replace the encoder for another one.
In my design i used a 60mm diameter conveyor drum (5x12mm=60mm) so i added 2 gears to achieve a 5/1 reduction in order to have the same linear speed. You also have to add the belt thickness in order to calculate the final thickness of your conveyor roller. The thicker the belt the faster the platen will advance. In our situation when we say "faster" we mean bigger steps

Edit
PF adjustment test will be your best friend

Old June 4th, 2010 Jun 4, 2010 9:19:06 PM -   #28 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger
Here's the print... This logo should be a circle....

Bob ?;O)
Bob, Are you absolutly sure that it's not the artwork? I saw this happen when an artist had his monitor ratio wrong, and making what he thought was a circle an oval. I could be wrong, but if X and Y were not synced.. I would think that you'd have banding and stairstep edges. I would try some kind of calibrated grid pattern.

Ian

Old June 4th, 2010 Jun 4, 2010 10:12:05 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Simon, You have me stumped. More technical than I am grasping at the moment. Perhaps if you could explain the math it would make sense to me. I'm a very visual person and I'm no engineer by any stretch... I would think that a 1-1 ratio will do the trick.

Z, No I'm absolutely sure the art is correct. PF adjustment? Just how is that done?

I split the frame drilling a hole for the bearing roller to support the rod. I glued it back tut it will take 24 hours to be fully cured. I will resume tomorrow night.

Thanks everyone...

Bob ?;O)

Old June 4th, 2010 Jun 4, 2010 10:43:26 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Its just school geometry. The math type to get the perimeter of a circle is 2π*r (r is half the diameter) so
2*3,14*6mm=37,68mm. So when you rotate a full rev (360deg)a 12mm shaft it will travel a linear distance of 37.68mm. The PF encoder controls the angular rotation of the pf shaft.
Do the math and you will see what needs to be done regarding your conveyor drum.

This is a discussion about Behavioral Problem - Image elongated CIS on Workforce 1100 that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in