[DIY DTG] Termine mi proyecto C92 y tengo algunas dudas. - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Termine mi proyecto C92 y tengo algunas dudas.

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 13th, 2010 May 13, 2010 3:31:55 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Digital Stamp
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Termine mi proyecto C92 y tengo algunas dudas.

Hello everyone. How are you?

Here I speak from Argentina.

I finished my project C92, I do not recommend that you try, because this printer is the worst, even missing tweaks, but print on white shirts. He finished with your help, reading post after post.

I did it to see if he could get something small.

Now I'm looking for a printer to print on colored shirts, with white base.

I like that I recommend that an expert printer use.

I want to buy the 1400 but I heard you have a problem with the sensors. Hear from people who have solved a PIC programming and connected to the printer.

I will not have that problem, nor have there is no RIP for printing on colored shirts.

In my country there is also the version of the printers T.

Here are the versions that I can get from Epson:
http://computacion.mercadolibre.com....*DESC_Qshow_30

Where to buy and sell everything.

Please have an expert tell me that I can use printer that is easy to operate with the problem of the sensors, and has rip to generate the white base.

From already thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2010 May 14, 2010 12:54:38 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Simon

Default Re: Termine mi proyecto C92 y tengo algunas dudas.

You have 2 options

The 1400 is not the best option for dtg

The 2200/2100 will work easily for sure, But its slow and its not on production

The 1900 is still in production, its faster but it is not sure that it can work without electronic modifications.
Both printers are parts of comercial dtg machines so finding a RIP will not be trouble

Old May 14th, 2010 May 14, 2010 5:02:26 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for writing.

Here in Argentina do not get the 2200 or 2100, but if the 1900 ... has anyone tried or know if the latter has problems with the sensors?

I receive comments and proposals to [email protected]

Yours sincerely

Old May 14th, 2010 May 14, 2010 9:12:16 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalStamp
Thanks for writing.

Here in Argentina do not get the 2200 or 2100, but if the 1900 ... has anyone tried or know if the latter has problems with the sensors?

I receive comments and proposals to [email protected]

Yours sincerely
you can make the 1900 work in roll mode with just mechanical alterations. if your intentions are just a single pass doing white shirts only, im sure you would be happy.

however if you want to print to dark shirts or multiple prints from layers of rip there are issues with it erroring with the 1900 so it depends to what degree you want to deal with it.

if you can become familiar with the operation of the sensors, you can have a local electronics company familiar with micros program one for you to overcome the issues...it makes sense while your doing this to include a 1pass 2pass mode allowing for the platen to be power returned by simply reversing the polarity of the existing dc (pf) motor on 2 pass mode... at end of print so this method in my case would use three additional buttons 1 button -2 positions for one or two pass mode, 1 button for eject, 1 button for load. if you keep the electronics to just the sensor controls you can transfer the micro to the next production printer in the event it is discontinued and if need be make minor adjustments to the program...

initial investment is more than a mechanical fix.....but leaps and bounds above in performance and production time.. im heavily leaning towards not offering mine for market, i believe there are more advantages of keeping it to yourself (if you intend on printing shirts) than offering it to the competition one big one is your return on investment compared to someone who has to purchase a commercial machine...you are almost instantly making a profit, they have to sell alot of shirts to payoff or pay the lease on a 12,000-16,000 unit before they make dime one... and you could easily run 2-3 printers by duplicating the program..the profit potential is huge and is only limited by your marketing or business plan...

good luck with your build..

Jeff

Last edited by german13; May 14th, 2010 at 09:50 AM..

Old May 14th, 2010 May 14, 2010 12:38:34 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi Jeff. Thanks for writing to everyone.

I already did the C92 for white shirts, which does not mean they will use it commercially, or for work.

With my wife we have a T-shirt printing business, we sell shirts and printed and do it with the DTG Kiosk II. Here it costs 24 000 dollars ..

What I like is to have a printer made by me. We do not have the money to buy another, and frankly a lot of time to recover 24 000.

I want to get shirts printed in color with a white base color and then another pass. It has to be the second run exactly to the first.

There is an option It did not occur to anyone or at least I have not heard. But perhaps serve. But it is more difficult to handle and would for yourself. Would have to have two printers, but for the second pass would have to remove color throughout the head with their guides and put the head color. It would be a last accurate if you put the template in the right place.

Now you tell me what the 1900 is not possible to make color last?

Did not understand much about the "erroring with the 1900".

I am looking for a simple printer, with a single sensor, which is not difficult to handle, such as C92, but in A3, with 6 cartudos to use two whites and a RIP can control where that head or to ink cartridge must be release.

Now I would like you to recommend me which printer I choose.

If you say that the 1900 can not be achieved exactly two passes, what should I do?

You what I recommended is that if I use the 1900 I'll have to make an engine or use the same printer engine to adjust either the position of my template?

And if you do a cap on my template where simpre take it in the same position on the sheet?

I try to understand a little what you have heard, I'm not that good with English.

Thank you all.

A Greeting.

Mariano

PD: you tell me the epson T1110'm going to have problems with the sensor?

Last edited by DigitalStamp; May 14th, 2010 at 12:59 PM..

Old May 14th, 2010 May 14, 2010 12:56:21 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Hi Jeff. Thanks for writing to everyone.

I already did the C92 for white shirts, which does not mean they will use it commercially, or for work.

With my wife we have a T-shirt printing business, we sell shirts and printed and do it with the DTG Kiosk II. Here it costs 24 000 dollars ..

What I like is to have a printer made by me. We do not have the money to buy another, and frankly a lot of time to recover 24 000.

I want to get shirts printed in color with a white base color and then another pass. It has to be the second run exactly to the first.

There is an option It did not occur to anyone or at least I have not heard. But perhaps serve. But it is more difficult to handle and would for yourself. Would have to have two printers, but for the second pass would have to remove color throughout the head with their guides and put the head color. It would be a last accurate if you put the template in the right place.

Now you tell me what the 1900 is not possible to make color last?

Did not understand much about the "erroring with the 1900".

I am looking for a simple printer, with a single sensor, which is not difficult to handle, such as C92, but in A3, with 6 cartudos to use two whites and a RIP can control where that head or to ink cartridge must be release.

Now I would like you to recommend me which printer I choose.

If you say that the 1900 can not be achieved exactly two passes, what should I do?

You what I recommended is that if I use the 1900 I'll have to make an engine or use the same printer engine to adjust either the position of my template?

And if you do a cap on my template where simpre take it in the same position on the sheet?

I try to understand a little what you have heard, I'm not that good with English.

Thank you all.

A Greeting.

Mariano
the 1900 is the best current in production printer in my opinion and it is rip supported.. within the U.S based on cost us approx 450. it has eight channels it can be set up cmyk cmyk or cmyk wwww. allowing plenty of white for under base.

im saying it would require alot of time, steps with just mechanical hacks..

you could as you said use the 1900 at single pass without much issue.. 1 color print 1 all white.. just placing your platen to get correct registration would be frustrating to me... and single prints from rip.

i would recommend you have an qualified electronics person. to program a micro controller or (plc) programmable logic controller for the 1900 and you would have a very nice unit... and in your case since you already have a commercial dtg the electronics person can look at that set up and duplicate it to work on the 1900 or he would understand the concept very easily by showing him what your after with your existing machine.. at a fraction of the cost..

i would source a qualified person to get it quoted and make sure you have someone in your area that can do this prior to spending money on the printer (1900) etc..

p.s the dtg kioske 2 is an epson 2200...
good luck

jeff

Last edited by german13; May 14th, 2010 at 02:44 PM..

Old May 15th, 2010 May 15, 2010 2:02:26 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi Jeff, thank you very much. You tell me what is precious to me.

I have a doubt, that I could use an electronic engineer?

The need for the engine of paper? or the need for sensors?

If the engine is for a working paper would be easy to think that because I do not think it can be controlled is difficult for an engineer in electronic blackboards.

I wonder if the printer has problems with the sensors, or if I had to drive the tray so that it is always exactly the same position?

Thanks Jeff

Old May 16th, 2010 May 16, 2010 5:07:55 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Hi Jeff, thank you very much. You tell me what is precious to me.

I have a doubt, that I could use an electronic engineer?

The need for the engine of paper? or the need for sensors?

If the engine is for a working paper would be easy to think that because I do not think it can be controlled is difficult for an engineer in electronic blackboards.

I wonder if the printer has problems with the sensors, or if I had to drive the tray so that it is always exactly the same position?

Thanks Jeff
You can do it manually 1 pass at a time in (roll mode) this bypasses the paper feed or sheet feed on the printer..

theres quite a bit of time&work involved in converting the r1900 mainly with the platen-base and drive you choose.. but the cost savings far out weigh them imho you have to have some mechanical experience knowledge to do the conversion, so you have to decide if its within your ability..

wow you must be busy if you already have a dtg and are looking to add another

good luck

jeff

This is a discussion about Termine mi proyecto C92 y tengo algunas dudas. that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in