[DIY DTG] Micro contoller mod for epsons - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Micro contoller mod for epsons

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 17th, 2010 Mar 17, 2010 1:58:38 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Smile Micro contoller mod for epsons

after extensive research and development, I'am in the process of adding a micro controller to the epson 1100 workforce, which can work with the 1400 as well.. this mod will control the timing of the factory epson sensors (esp)..the pe and apf sesor control timing. to allow the removal of the apf motor and tray completely. this will eleminate the preprint dance using the apf motor and wheel on the mods, and allow for repeatable platen results with a properly designed platen. just load and print basically. i will incorporate a line sensor for platen for repeat prints for accuracy (like white base and then color over) we are in the programming stage right now and within the month should have a working unit to test..at that point we will post videos...i'm confident this will allow many to enjoy a low cost dtg or diy dtg printer using this hardware..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
alin3117 (June 21st, 2011), DTFuqua (March 17th, 2010), essen48183 (March 25th, 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2010 Mar 17, 2010 5:01:34 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Default Re: Micro contoller mod for epsons

see also some useful info in the 1400 mods thread relating to pw sensor (timing and printing pe and apf sensor) the 1100 will print with no paper. pw sensor is not looking for paper it looks for location explained in that thread. pg7

Old March 25th, 2010 Mar 25, 2010 11:06:16 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Look forward to hearing about your progress...

Bob ?;O)

Old March 25th, 2010 Mar 25, 2010 3:11:37 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Just a quick update on the micro controller....
just got a call from creative circuits he said i should have a finished hard copy in my hands by april 8th. at that point I,m going to run it about a week. then ill post the videos of the unit and plan on making it available shortly afterwards. i,ll have about 45 units starting out because 50 units is the minimum order of boards that they will print and im going to hang on to 5 myself. If the response for the sale of these is good ill reorder them 50 at a time. it will be first come first serve. i will make them available on ebay for the first 45 and if i continue to sell them i will open a website from there out. ill post a release date after i post videos. just keep a watch on this thread for info...

happy printing

Old April 7th, 2010 Apr 7, 2010 7:08:25 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

just wanted to update on the micro controller. the board is in its hard copy state as of this morning my electronics engineer will be transferring the program to it as well should have it in my hand tommorro, im behind on my fabrication of the unit itself due to dealing with the electronics. im about half way into the process. additionally im waiting on the carts and dtg ink i ordered along with my belt and drive pulley. im going to post it up when the unit is complete and printing, thats the only way to truly show the value and debut the unit (working) so bear with me. should have something with in reasonable time, and im sure there will be a million questions just trying to get my ducks lined up.

thanks jeff

Old April 7th, 2010 Apr 7, 2010 7:31:29 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

In the words of Scotty - New Star Ship Enterprise.... "I like this ship... It's exciting!"

Bob ?;O)

Old April 13th, 2010 Apr 13, 2010 1:12:44 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

gotta post the good, bad, and ugly.

heres the ugly
did first print test with micro-controller. just on paper, unit not connected to platen yet. the micro-controller was programmed at the epson print default settings (letter 8 1/2x11") opps settings should have been changed to (super b 13x19 thats the platen size) so she printed great just not the right size. some of the programming timing has to be adjusted to coordinate the correct size.. so hes back to the drawing board...i guess it cant all be good all the time!

i,ll keep ya posted

Old April 14th, 2010 Apr 14, 2010 3:27:33 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Benny
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Nicely done German, and I am waiting a micro controller for Epson R1900

Old April 14th, 2010 Apr 14, 2010 3:27:56 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Or maybe Epson 4880

Old April 14th, 2010 Apr 14, 2010 6:00:53 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

thought i would post a pic of the proto board (micro-controller). this will give you a general idea on the size, it is cut to approx half this in its hard copy. the picture doesn't show with its wires soldered to i/o ports we used a plug n conector for the testing. the tiny holes are programming ports. its a pretty good picture of the processor(micro chip brand) there are three different processors we can use atmel, intel,microchip i will just use the cheapest one at the time of reorder. they all are well known and of good quaility and has its clock etc internal. as you can see even the proto board is a pro print. i,m still looking into the possibility of adding connectors so it will not have to be soldered-depends on its cost. i'm trying to keep this as low as possible. i have already got a couple rolled eyes at its price currently. i will update on the progress

Last edited by german13; June 8th, 2011 at 10:42 PM..

Old April 14th, 2010 Apr 14, 2010 9:34:40 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Very impressive... Yes, connectors would be nice. Since this is a proto-board will the final product look much different?

Old April 14th, 2010 Apr 14, 2010 11:00:53 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger
Very impressive... Yes, connectors would be nice. Since this is a proto-board will the final product look much different?
its half this size

Old April 15th, 2010 Apr 15, 2010 10:57:24 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Agree connectors will be better much easier and it won't jeopardise the whole epson motherboard if you miss solder it.

Old April 15th, 2010 Apr 15, 2010 11:13:14 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonknight
Agree connectors will be better much easier and it won't jeopardise the whole epson motherboard if you miss solder it.
none of the connections are to the mother board itself. i agree for ease of install connectors would be the best choice, however again that comes down to cost and time to apply them...

Old April 15th, 2010 Apr 15, 2010 1:40:40 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I guess I'll wait for the howto video... I have no idea how this will flesh out...

Bob ?;O)

This is a discussion about Micro contoller mod for epsons that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in