[DIY DTG] Micro contoller mod for epsons - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Micro contoller mod for epsons

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 7:59:51 AM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Steve
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Micro contoller mod for epsons

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger
How did I call you a liar? I'm not selling anything. Where is my vested interest here? I'm simply sharing what my experience is... As soon as I get my 1900 up I'll test it with MultiRip... German spoke with Steve (DAGuide) and was told that MultiRip does not forgo the issues with the sensors... Did you bother to read that post?

Sorry you are taking me so personally... Ever since I brought up this difficulty you seem to have a raw *** with me... Your the one who called my contribution in these forums "fodder." I can assure I have no problem with you but it is clear you have one with me.

Peace,

Bob ?;O)
of course multirip doesnt do anything to any other sensor, it does however have a impact on the whole paper load sequence somewhere, of that i can assure you, i know it from testing as do others, not sticking one finger in the air and coming up with a hypothesis of why something shouldnt work to fit in with a business model.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 8:01:54 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger
CMOS, I agree with you to some extent... I complained about the same thing about people's lack of contribution. German and I have provided pretty good pics of both of our mods... Anyone can see how mine was built and build their own... It's really an easy setup. I have not drafted up plans but if I do and someone is willing to pay where is the foul? So far my experience is only with the 1100 but I know that working with others in these forums they have run into the exact same kind of problems with the 1100, 1400 and the 1900. You simply have to read the 1400 and 1900 threads to find them... Perhaps since Steve knows how to make it work he can share his secrets.

Thanks,

Bob ?;O)
i told you and others before they built the 1400 and 1100 they probably wouldnt work without a rip, i was hoping to be proved wrong.

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 8:19:11 AM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodrisc
i told you and others before they built the 1400 and 1100 they probably wouldnt work without a rip, i was hoping to be proved wrong.
Fair enough... You did... Now German has a solution... I agreed that one can limp along without it but it sure would preclude some headaches. That's all I've been saying.

Bob ?;O)

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 8:33:21 AM -   #64 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos
Sorry for the interruption, but i need some info in order to understand
The 1900 have a manual feed slot? or just the asf like the 1400?
yes the 1900 has a manual slot....here is the issue on power up...it always goes thru a test phase if you will... so it pops these sensors.. if the paper tray asf is removed it errors out...

with the paper tray on it will error out when the pe runs off the platen... as i posted above...theres no way it wouldnt in that situation (when it runs out of paper it errors right? so when the pe runs off the platen in the event you get it to trip..you will still get an error... either way manual-paper tray or not you will get errors...let me say it again, i have done this a million and one times...i have the r1900 and thats what it does period.. im not speaking from what i read, im not speaking or commenting on some other persons build, im not guessing..these are the facts as testing whether it be 1100-1400-or1900...

so i am hard pressed to validate comments from someone who does not have one running or doesn't have one apart and running for testing...bottom line..how can anyone claim this without showing it or having one???????? it blows my mind!!!! its no more than saying my neighbor said so...lets see it...

SO LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR 1 MORE TIME...THE MICRO CONTROLLER ALLOWS FOR THE REMOVAL OF THE PAPER FEED TRAY-ASF MOTOR ALL TOGETHER-ALLOWS THE REMOVAL OF THE PAPER FEED TRAY-ASF MOTOR ALL TOGETHER...IT CONTROLS THE ASE SENSOR ELECTRONICALLY CONVERTS THE PE SENSOR TO TWO SENSORS BASICALLY AT START UP. CONTACT SENSOR TO START POSITION OF PLATEN AND A PHOTO SENSOR TO READ MOVEMENT OF THE PLATEN...same as a commercial unit...

as i said before im just stating the facts of the operation of the printer in its normal state. i dont care if any one buys the micro or not it is more for myself......

PLEASE IF THERE IS A VIDEO TO VALIDATE THE CLAIMS THAT IT WILL NOT ERROR OUT IN SOME FASHION...PAPER OUT-PAPER JAM.. GENERAL ERROR PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE POST IT WE ARE ALL BEGGING TO SEE A VIDEO WITH A FULL TEN MINUTE DURATION 1. LOADING THE SHIRT 2. EXECUTING THE PRINT 3. A FULL COMPLETE PRINT WITH 0 (ZERO ERRORS). and i can tell you right now with confidence if this was the case all the commercial-oem-dtg companies would be out of business!!!! is that not the truth...

Last edited by german13; May 7th, 2010 at 08:58 AM..

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 8:49:32 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Simon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I cant post a video of a 1900 working, i can post what i did to my 2100 asf unit in order to make the printer work. If it works for the 1900 you believe that someone will pay 400$ for the board?

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 9:19:10 AM -   #66 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos
I cant post a video of a 1900 working, i can post what i did to my 2100 asf unit in order to make the printer work. If it works for the 1900 you believe that someone will pay 400$ for the board?
with all due respect,,i have not seen a 1900 or 1800 for that matter working either!!!

im not familiar with a 2100, that being said the post and comments are in relation to the r-1900...and the claims of the 1800..

i only replied with quote regarding your question of a manual slot...

again (IF IT WORKS) is the key word here..big IF...with my observation and experience with the r1900 it does not work..you will get an error in some fashion...and i have yet to see the 1800 do what is claimed...it is electronically impossible, even if it fired with multi rip you will still get errors...at end of print..unless you are telling me multi rip precludes this as well...

as i mentioned above i conferred with the maker of multi-rip he clearly stated it does not control the sensors...any body else who wants to confirm this themselves (DaGUIDE) ask him.

again im not interested in providing the micro to anyone who believes they do not need it or is not cost effective for them.. im not interested in having one either if there is a working solution..with no errors (0 ZERO). im here sharing my knowledge and DIRECT experience with the unit.. not heir say or my neighbor said or my friend said i think there is one. just my experience with the unit..

and ill say this again also it is more for myself to get a working unit................................

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 9:26:17 AM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
yes the 1900 has a manual slot....here is the issue on power up...it always goes thru a test phase if you will... so it pops these sensors.. if the paper tray asf is removed it errors out...

with the paper tray on it will error out when the pe runs off the platen... as i posted above...theres no way it wouldnt in that situation (when it runs out of paper it errors right? so when the pe runs off the platen in the event you get it to trip..you will still get an error... either way manual-paper tray or not you will get errors...let me say it again, i have done this a million and one times...i have the r1900 and thats what it does period.. im not speaking from what i read, im not speaking or commenting on some other persons build, im not guessing..these are the facts as testing whether it be 1100-1400-or1900...
your theory of there being no paper there causing a problem is false though isnt it, the platen is the paper, so everytime you send a print to the printer it first shuffles the platen about until it detects it, as far as its concerened the paper is loaded, you only send one job at a time, 101 of diy dtg thats from ............... if your theory held water my 1160 shouldnt work either, but it does.

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 9:34:42 AM -   #68 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I Will post a new thread in relation to "a working non erroring 1800-1900 diy dtg" for anyone wanting to post a video of the working solution with no errors...that should get to the bottom of it?

Im sure the commercial (OEM) manufactures of dtgs would be interested in seeing this aswell?

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 9:42:19 AM -   #69 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
your theory of there being no paper there causing a problem is false though isnt it, the platen is the paper, so everytime you send a print to the printer it first shuffles the platen about until it detects it, as far as its concerened the paper is loaded, you only send one job at a time, 101 of diy dtg thats from ............... if your theory held water my 1160 shouldnt work either, but it does.
simplest way to solve this is post up...your claim..that the 1800-1900 doesnt error out in any fashion through the process..

your beating around the bush regarding them erroring out in any fashion.

so back up your claim fire up your 1800-1900 and show us..

talk is cheap....

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 9:42:30 AM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
I Will post a new thread in relation to "a working non erroring 1800-1900 diy dtg" for anyone wanting to post a video of the working solution with no errors...that should get to the bottom of it?

Im sure the commercial (OEM) manufactures of dtgs would be interested in seeing this aswell?
they have seen it in picture form over two years ago....... im hoping jacolie posts in here the proof, in the meantime i will keep an eye out for a used 1800/1900, im moving units soon anyway so i will now have the room to pretreat. im going to prove you wrong on this, you can count on that.

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 9:48:30 AM -   #71 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
they have seen it in picture form over two years ago....... im hoping jacolie posts in here the proof, in the meantime i will keep an eye out for a used 1800/1900, im moving units soon anyway so i will now have the room to pretreat. im going to prove you wrong on this, you can count on that.
i thought you said you have a 1800 and 1900 (pg 4 of this thread 5 down) and you could use it if you so choose 2. that you didnt have the room to pre treat.. so if you have the unit just plug it up....

I HAVE POSTED A NEW THREAD SO THAT YOU CAN POST YOUR VIDEO........

Last edited by german13; May 7th, 2010 at 10:01 AM..

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 10:03:39 AM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
i thought you said you have a 1800 and 1900 and you could use it if you so choose 2. that you didnt have the room to pre treat.. so if you have the unit just plug it up....
the 1800 has a faulty board/blocked head,it will be cheaper to get another used unit rather than buy new parts. dont start feeling to cocky about this, there will be egg on face and it wont be mine.

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 10:16:28 AM -   #73 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
the 1800 has a faulty board/blocked head,it will be cheaper to get another used unit rather than buy new parts. dont start feeling to cocky about this, there will be egg on face and it wont be mine.
steve,

i didnt come to these forms to battle with you, all im saying if you have a working unit show us..it will save everone alot of money and time.

i wouldn't go on your post and make claims i couldn't back up. i posted the new thread for the video when you are ready. or for anyone in the mean time that has the 1800-1900 to show.

the video should include powering the unit up all the way thru print cycle doing at least 2 shirts with no errors including end of print returning the platen to start whether it be manually or powered... (impossible in my opinion)..

you mentioned earlier in the post that it wasn't perfect but it works..so were you referring to your 1160 or the 1800... either way not perfect does that mean it gets errors???

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 10:28:32 AM -   #74 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
steve,

i didnt come to these forms to battle with you, all im saying if you have a working unit show us..it will save everone alot of money and time.

i wouldn't go on your post and make claims i couldn't back up. i posted the new thread for the video when you are ready. or for anyone in the mean time that has the 1800-1900 to show.

the video should include powering the unit up all the way thru print cycle doing at least 2 shirts with no errors including end of print returning the platen (impossible in my opinion)..this will prove your theory.

you mentioned earlier in the post that it wasn't perfect but it works..so were you referring to your 1160 or the 1800... either way not perfect is that mean it gets errors???
no the 1160 works like a dream considering i spent £100 for the whole setup, i just ran off 25 shirts today, i do this three to four times a week, the current printer is almost two years old, from the money i have made i could easily buy a commercial dtg but i choose not to (although i gotta say the Brother GT-541 is tempting.....), im very happy with it and parts are dirt cheap compared to a 1800/1900, a 1160 new head is £65.......... No its not perfect what in life is ? i get the same issues as other commercial dtg users, thats all and they are well documented.

Old May 7th, 2010 May 7, 2010 10:29:56 AM -   #75 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

cmos

im interested in your asf hack that you mentioned could you explain your solution for that.....

This is a discussion about Micro contoller mod for epsons that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in