[DIY DTG] Micro contoller mod for epsons - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Micro contoller mod for epsons

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 10:56:39 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Re: Micro contoller mod for epsons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodrisc
have you tested a r1900 with multirip without any extra electronics ? it should work as the chassis is essentialy the same as the the R1800 and that definatly works with multirip and no extra electronics. If it does indeed work without one and i cant see any reason it wouldnt, whats the advantage to using your controller ?
the issue is the sensors..or feeding your shirt thru and triping the sensors at the correct time without getting paper feed paper jam errors.. if you have tore into an 1100, 1400,1800,or 1900 you will know what im talking about there several post on this problem by people other than myself...

once you remove the guts of the printer it will not function properly..especially removing the paper feed tray and asf motor altogether. there is an asf sensor that the paper feed roller trips (horse shoe looking sensor mounted on the side of the paper feed tray relay board. this has to be tripped in a certain timing sequence along with the pe sensor!!!

the benefit to the micro controller is that it controlls these sensors to function electronically..telling the printer that all is good and in the right timing sequence, being able to eliminate the paper feed tray and asf motor...

its very hard to explain unless you have experienced the issue. (norgaston) has explained this in detail as well..

hope that helps

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 11:10:41 AM -   #32 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sodrisc

additionally if you will notice the commercial dtg manufactures all have there own type of controller for this very reason... it controls the drive or delivery system of the unit. ie sensors

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 11:47:31 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'll give MultiRip a try on the 1900 as soon as it gets in...

Bob ?;O)

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 1:06:05 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
the issue is the sensors..or feeding your shirt thru and triping the sensors at the correct time without getting paper feed paper jam errors.. if you have tore into an 1100, 1400,1800,or 1900 you will know what im talking about there several post on this problem by people other than myself...

once you remove the guts of the printer it will not function properly..especially removing the paper feed tray and asf motor altogether. there is an asf sensor that the paper feed roller trips (horse shoe looking sensor mounted on the side of the paper feed tray relay board. this has to be tripped in a certain timing sequence along with the pe sensor!!!

the benefit to the micro controller is that it controlls these sensors to function electronically..telling the printer that all is good and in the right timing sequence, being able to eliminate the paper feed tray and asf motor...

its very hard to explain unless you have experienced the issue. (norgaston) has explained this in detail as well..

hope that helps
the 1800 does work with multirip and no additional electronics, i and a couple of others have done one, there are pictures of it over on the other mamoth thread, it wont work without the rip once its stripped and mounted as a dtg thats for sure, i tried for days, but with multirip it just works, multirip has a 1900 setting now, the 1900 and 1800 have the same chassis/sensors from what i can tell on the tech manuals, i have gone so far as to strip a 1900 of its outer shell to verify.

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 2:10:58 PM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Well, $850 bucks should set everyone up then...

Bob ?;O)

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 2:28:05 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger

Bob ?;O)
true its expensive no doubt, but as many agree its one of the best the best rips there is for dtg and your going to need one to do white anyway.

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 2:31:51 PM -   #37 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger

Bob ?;O)
so on the 1800 the multi rip will eliminate the errors that the printer comes up with? but what trips the pe sensor in the 1800? is it still used? the pe?

if it works with the 1900 i will cry with the money i have spent!!!!

either way if this is the case its great news wish someone could confirm this with one

i know the 1100 will print with nothing there but still get errors and the sensor set up is the same?

possibly da guide or fredp could confirm this!!!!

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 2:34:42 PM -   #38 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
true its expensive no doubt, but as many agree its one of the best the best rips there is for dtg and your going to need one to do white anyway.
could you possibly post a vid to confirm this 1800 diy dtg or reference a video to that respect...

i have not personally seen it?

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 2:40:50 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
so on the 1800 the multi rip will eliminate the errors that the printer comes up with? but what trips the pe sensor in the 1800? is it still used? the pe?

if it works with the 1900 i will cry with the money i have spent!!!!

either way if this is the case its great news wish someone could confirm this with one

i know the 1100 will print with nothing there but still get errors and the sensor set up is the same?

possibly da guide or fredp could confirm this!!!!
everyhting is setup still in place, including the paper switch (platen trips it) and paper feed mechanism ontop, i posted images of mine over on the huge thread. the only reason im not useing either it or a 1900 is i dont have the room to pretreat so im happy doing cmyk on the 1160 at the moment.

I think the microcontroller is a great idea though dont get me wrong, if it works on a 1100 i may consider one, i could use a cheap cmyk printer replacement, i would guess alot of others would as well.

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 2:42:17 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
could you possibly post a vid to confirm this 1800 diy dtg or reference a video to that respect...

i have not personally seen it?
never took a video of it, plenty of pictures, it works, i wouldnt have paid for the rip otherwise.

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 2:47:44 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
never took a video of it, plenty of pictures, it works, i wouldnt have paid for the rip otherwise.
could you post the link to the pics?

also is the paper tray and pe sensor still incorporated? it would be great if you could shoot a vid of it in action...

im as skeptical as you are unless i see it in action pictures help show the set up and will verify if the paper feed tray asf motor pe sensor is still involved in the process..., and a video will verify this theory 100%

i hope it does work i will purchase multi rip today and order about five printers...but i need to see it. if the above components are incorporated i dont see it a viable solution...

Last edited by german13; May 5th, 2010 at 03:06 PM..

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 3:00:40 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

the paper tray stays in place as does the pe sensor. After a brief shovel through the huge thread i found this https://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t32499-55.html i also did posts with other shots of the platen setup etc..... and shirt prints with the rip including dual cmyk, have a look around in there, they are there somewhere, man that thread is a beast.

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 3:23:00 PM -   #43 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
the paper tray stays in place as does the pe sensor. After a brief shovel through the huge thread i found this https://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t32499-55.html i also did posts with other shots of the platen setup etc..... and shirt prints with the rip including dual cmyk, have a look around in there, they are there somewhere, man that thread is a beast.
steve..
thanks for the info i appreciate it.. after looking at it i have read thru the post previously.. the issue is it still incorporates the paper feed tray and the pe sensor, the pe sensor in turn will have to be included some where in your platen design to at min to stop print?..

i understand this may print shirts and give you the solution your looking for, but as far as im concerned its not a true dtg with respect to those components still functioning..especially with a stationary platen you have to hold the pe up to return to start location etc...

if theres a way to eliminate those components or bypass them in a cheap manner in addition to the cost of rip..then we have something..

until then the controller is the solution for me, but thank you for bringing that to my attention i will look into a cheap way to eliminate those items..

additionally steve could you unplug the asf motor(paper feed motor) and let me know if you get an error light? while trying to print..if i doesnt i will get super excited

Last edited by german13; May 5th, 2010 at 03:34 PM..

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 3:33:25 PM -   #44 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

additionally

i can get the 1100 to print in the same fashion with no rip (cause it is not rip supported)...but its hit and miss even with guten print..and you have to fool with the pe!!!

something i dont want to do..not to mention ruining shirts with missed registration and mis fires on start up...

Last edited by german13; May 5th, 2010 at 09:50 PM..

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 4:03:28 PM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I agree, the worst thing that could happen is the wife or one of the kids could be printing shirts for me and when I'm not around something goes wrong and the printer is left in a general error state... If your on a deadline you lost a whole day... Looking forward toward your controller German...

Bob ?;O)

This is a discussion about Micro contoller mod for epsons that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in