[DIY DTG] problems with epson 1100 mod - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] problems with epson 1100 mod

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 8th, 2010 Mar 8, 2010 6:36:16 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Angry problems with epson 1100 mod

having trouble with epson 1100 workforce mod to dtg, started striping down removed all plastic tested print along the way, got as far as removing front paper feeder axle n gear test print worked but had to hold up paper level to get good clear print..removed paper feed- left motor attached put to side -tried hand feeding paper through..printer goes through motions on startup slow to left back to docking station paper feeder motor kicks i run paper through by hand then it shuts down flashing yellow ink and paper lights together, i also removed the rear sprng paper holder guide above the paper feed axle.. just behind print head. and gives me general error on computer help help and help

Last edited by Rodney; March 26th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: removed email per user request - please post responses in the forum for all to benefit from :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2010 Oct 1, 2010 10:27:26 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: problems with epson 1100 mod

Mr. German13,

I had that problems same as yours now, I'd appreciate if you have solved it. Please let me know how? then I can make mine.

Thousand thanks
Khiden

Old October 1st, 2010 Oct 1, 2010 3:42:41 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tieutusamac
Mr. German13,

I had that problems same as yours now, I'd appreciate if you have solved it. Please let me know how? then I can make mine.

Thousand thanks
Khiden
yes...

I solved it heres how... buy a 1400,1900 or above epson printer with roll mode or manual roll mode capability..

I worked with the WORKFORCE 1100 for 6months.. YOU WILL NEVER GET THIS MODERN STYLE PRINTER WITH ITS SENSORS TO WORK PROPERLY WITHOUT ERROR -WITHOUT ADDED FIRMWARE PERIOD... you can manually trip it by hand and get it to print 1 out eight times, so if you see a vid of one of these working thats how they did it unless it has a micro controller or plc but it will most certainly have programming issues and will need a separate power source isolaters extra sensors etc..alot of money for a cheap cmyk printer...it only has sheet mode capability so it requires an added controller of some sort to dictate the sheet feed timing in coespondence with the pe.. you can do it with a micro but is not reliable.. its cheaper to upgrade in printer for an easier fix.. upgrading has other benefits aswell.. rip support, added channels for white ink, perfect multiple pass registration etc etc.. bestway to debunk claims of one of these working without extra firmware is request an in person viewing of it operating starting with powering the printer on thru printing..this will give you the truth or a vid showing same.. if theres extra firmware you should see this in the wiring mods its easy to see from the board out.., if you have a vid of this nature send it to me and ill check it out for you.. how the extra firmware works in most cases is it reads the pulses from the asf then emulates this timing thru the micro to start print..however it does not end the print this would have to be done by adding sensors in place of the pe... the big problem with this printer is the paper feed motor (the one on the paper feed tray itself ..stepper motor...starts the process it moves paper into position then when it hits the pe the pf (the one with encoder disc attached) takes over the process ..so this timing has to be matched perfect or you will get fatal errors or paper jam etc... i suppose the programming in the driver could be altered..we were not successful at doing this either.. it would take some one familiar with the printers language.. you can however pull it out and read it with certain hex editors..

anyone who tells you any different is feeding you a line of B.S this is the printer i started with.. save yourself some time and money and move forward

Last edited by german13; October 1st, 2010 at 08:35 PM..

Old July 8th, 2011 Jul 8, 2011 2:43:24 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Martins

great that i found this post. last night 6 hours i was not able to print, than found this post. so, with 1400 will not be these problems?

Old July 8th, 2011 Jul 8, 2011 4:20:20 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Terry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Problems depend on the builder. Jeff (german13) has done a good job with the 1400 but mine is junk right now. Depends on how carefull you are.

Old July 8th, 2011 Jul 8, 2011 5:39:50 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

i build 1400 too and it work realy fine, just you need to add a switch to cut the Pe sensor when you power on the printer, and it check if there is paper, the print bed move to time and after you open the PE senor, same when you power off.

if not you will have paper error every time

The Following User Says Thank You to renbis For This Useful Post:
voicis (July 8th, 2011)
Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 4:56:31 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Here is vid of my problem so if someone is willing to help please help me finish this
Thanks to all of you!

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 6:54:38 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto74
Here is vid of my problem so if someone is willing to help please help me finish this
Thanks to all of you!
It does look like you may have a cable crossed on the board but I don't have a pic of the cables so perhaps someone else could post one for you.

Bob ?;O)

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 1:51:13 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Here are the pics of mainboard and cables if someone like to see other thing leave post an i will upload pics. I cant uplaod pics i dont know why?

Last edited by goto74; October 20th, 2011 at 02:00 PM..

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 2:04:22 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Here is link for pics so take a look please

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 2:05:41 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

German13 my man where are you now, you promised me something nw i am in big problems.

Long live german13

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 2:20:36 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Here is link for pics so take a look please

They look correct. You need to check and make sure you did not plug them in backwards. The metal on the cables need to make contacts with the pins in the ZIF slots. I did that one and the results were just like you are describing.

Bob ?;O)

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 4:05:09 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

i check al the flat and other cables, i dont know what is happened. maybe head died maybe mainboard, i dont know what to do. like printer didnt do proper alignment, once i start head jammed
on cleaner once jump once do almost done then make fatal error. i will get big hammer and break it in million peaces, i give all money i had to buy this to start making shirts but there is no sun fo me!

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 4:16:57 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
i check al the flat and other cables, i dont know what is happened. maybe head died maybe mainboard, i dont know what to do. like printer didnt do proper alignment, once i start head jammed
on cleaner once jump once do almost done then make fatal error. i will get big hammer and break it in million peaces, i give all money i had to buy this to start making shirts but there is no sun fo me!
So sorry for your pain...

Bob ?;O(

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 4:18:24 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

What to try my friend any ideas i didnt slep for two day , almost dead man.

This is a discussion about problems with epson 1100 mod that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in