[DIY DTG] Epson 7600 sitting around - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Epson 7600 sitting around

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 13th, 2010 Feb 13, 2010 5:57:42 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: kEVIN
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson 7600 sitting around

I'm just curious with DIY talk if a 7600 is a good candidate? I have one sitting around doing nothing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2010 Feb 15, 2010 11:53:20 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Epson 7600 sitting around

Dude, that's a nice printer. Sure you want to tear into it? I would suggest you play with more inexpensive models first... Just to get the feel of it before you try it. Should work.

Bob

Old February 15th, 2010 Feb 15, 2010 7:09:17 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: mark

Hi
The 7600 is good, it is bit slow , we have made tshirt printers with the 7800 which is a bit faster.
The results are excellent you need to print at 720x720 and unless you use a rip you are going to have to work out what to do with the extra colors.

I can give you some tips along the way or even before, but just won't be able to tell you exactly how we do it.

The first thing to watch out for is if you blow up the mother board you have to buy another, the cheapest way is buy another cheap second hand one that can print out anything.
Best thing about these and 4800 etc is that since they are roll feed so you just have to trick the sensors to say paper is loaded and then you can forget about it. You can do this either resistors or reflective paper on the roll loaded sensor and taping a piece into the position sensor
Big gotcha is if you move the head or tshirt platten by hand or a secondary input to the motor to reposition it the printer will know and move it back to where it just was before, opening the lid switch or opening the encoder a+b wires will overcome this.

Old February 17th, 2010 Feb 17, 2010 4:57:37 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: kEVIN

Thanks guys, I 've thought about it and keep it as is and look for a cheaper model to play around with.

This is a discussion about Epson 7600 sitting around that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in