[DIY DTG] Can it be done - wide format epson DIY? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] Can it be done - wide format epson DIY?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 3rd, 2010 Feb 3, 2010 8:25:02 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Can it be done - wide format epson DIY?

You know, I've yet to see anyone who isn't selling something or has some vested interest saying they've got a working model of a modern wide format Epson. If you can boast it, put it up and post some pics, videos ect.... Else, this is only a kiddie project and we're all pursuing a pipe dream.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2010 Feb 15, 2010 12:53:44 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Default Re: Can it be done?

One week has gone by.

Old February 15th, 2010 Feb 15, 2010 4:46:06 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ridgely
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

You can buy them used for 3-5 grand now. Kind of makes the time vs risks vs rewards not too good of a tradeoff nowadays.

Old February 16th, 2010 Feb 16, 2010 10:47:27 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger
One week has gone by.
I posted this nearly a year ago

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg...tml#post505501

The Following User Says Thank You to zanone For This Useful Post:
colorfinger (February 16th, 2010)
Old February 16th, 2010 Feb 16, 2010 10:53:45 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanone
I posted this nearly a year ago

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg...tml#post505501
zanone, Thanks there are some great references there! I know I'll explore some of them. Both of those printers are discontinued models. The problem is with the NEW generation of printers.

Bob ?;O)

Old February 17th, 2010 Feb 17, 2010 8:18:19 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Steve

Quote:
One week has gone by.
you dont half talk a load of nonsense, i already responded to your drivel in another post, as i said before just because you cant do it doesnt mean nobody else can.

Old February 17th, 2010 Feb 17, 2010 9:41:03 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodrisc
you dont half talk a load of nonsense, i already responded to your drivel in another post, as i said before just because you cant do it doesnt mean nobody else can.
I'm not saying nobody has done it... just that nobody is sharing the information. It's a dare. Don't troll the forums looking for people to fleece. This is a contribution. If you say you've done it, share it. Else why are you here? I've personally shared what I've found to be true.

Bob

Old February 17th, 2010 Feb 17, 2010 10:44:57 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Two weeks have gone by....

Old February 17th, 2010 Feb 17, 2010 11:43:45 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
I'm not saying nobody has done it... just that nobody is sharing the information. It's a dare. Don't troll the forums looking for people to fleece. This is a contribution. If you say you've done it, share it. Else why are you here? I've personally shared what I've found to be true.

Bob
dont troll says the troll.......... look about in some threads before makeing your petty statements, what have you shared of any worth at all ?you have contributed sweet fa except alot of hot air and bs.........

Old February 17th, 2010 Feb 17, 2010 11:51:11 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Steve,

I simply don't understand your tone... What do you gain from flaming me? Where is the offense to you? Did I say you were trolling? NO... You and I have had many good conversations in these forums and you have been very helpful. I hope to keep in good standing with you.

If you have a working model of an 1100, 1400, 1900, 3800 or 4800, I would appreciate your sharing how you got it to work. These are the models Epson is selling today. If you haven't, please point to someone who does. If they did, why aren't they sharing how they got it to work?

Bob

Old February 18th, 2010 Feb 18, 2010 1:16:24 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Default Re: Can it be done - wide format epson DIY?

perhaps you should re-read what i responded to to gauge where my "tone" came from.
The 1400 is not a current printer. At least a couple of us have already done a R1800, the 1900 is the same apart from the teflon coated printhead, multirip works with it, but we know your to tight to pay for a rip , but that doesnt discount it from the equation. Also your thread title doesnt even mention todays available printers now does it ? so responses in this thread like "A week has gone by" mean absolutely nothing, older and more modern printers have been done.
Why dont i release plans ? why should i ? for one i dont have the time to do a detailed plan justice and another people like yourself would expect to get those plans for free, i dont know about you bob but i dont work for free, besides which all the plan would turn out to be is a slightly modified version of the free plans already available on the other thread, i have been saying this until im blue in the face in this diy part of the forum, i think its time i vacated this place, im tired of going round and round in circles.

Old February 18th, 2010 Feb 18, 2010 6:08:01 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Fair enough... The 1400 has been modified by Epson and the 1900 is not exactly like the 1800. Your entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Let me know when you have a working model and you will prove me wrong.

What is the purpose of a forum? To share information. So what is the purpose of a DIY DTG forum? To share information about DIY DTG.

I expect that you should make money for your effort and that you should not do things for free.... BUT if anyone participates in an environment where it's express purpose is for sharing information in a collaborative fashion then one would expect everyone to contribute. You have done that.

Now as to label my contributions as "fa" (I believe you mean fodder) is just mean. I don't have all the answers but I do share what is on my mind and what I expect can or will work. Please chime in if you feel you can better my contributions. We are all hear to gleam from your wisdom.

Respectfully,

Bob ?;O)

Old February 22nd, 2010 Feb 22, 2010 4:23:29 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Simon

I believe it is possible and i cant find any reasons to claim the opposite.
But why risk destroying a modern epson before you make an older one?
After all the construction would be pretty much the same on both printers and when you're done, you have to replace the old one with the new one

Old February 22nd, 2010 Feb 22, 2010 6:17:40 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos
I believe it is possible and i cant find any reasons to claim the opposite.
But why risk destroying a modern epson before you make an older one?
After all the construction would be pretty much the same on both printers and when you're done, you have to replace the old one with the new one
CMOS,

Your logic is impeccable however the availability of the older machines is getting sparse. On the other hand, why waste the money on an older one, create a business on it and then find your business can not carry on because you can't replace your printer? I guess it depends on your end goal.

I'm not saying it can't be done. I am only questioning that anyone has successfully accomplished it. If they have they certainly are not willing to share the knowledge. If you are doing a build on an 1100 or a 1400 then it does not make sense to purchase a RIP since you will likely not be printing on black shirts.

Bob

Old February 22nd, 2010 Feb 22, 2010 11:00:18 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Simon

I will not use RIP at least for my first white ink tests, i have decided to use gutenprint and print from Gimp.

And i am not saying to start business with the older one,i just say run the old, see what's going on, then if you don't like you will have much more experience to build your modern printer.

And please stop talking about what others have found as problems.
Due to my profession i have been working with all kind of printers for some years,and i was planning to go straight to 2200, but the "paper sensor problem" of the c88 made me to build a smaller one to see what is this "PROBLEM"....well i found no problem, so i cant just believe someone who says i cant do it, so it cant be done.
The real problem for IMHO is all that weight/load will fry a lot of PF motors if heavily used....
There are driving system problems even on some commercial units.
Don't forget that this is a PRINTING site so some people who like the idea to save some thousand $$, they simply don't have the skill to do it.

This is a discussion about Can it be done - wide format epson DIY? that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in