[DIY DTG] C88+ - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] C88+

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 30th, 2010 Jan 30, 2010 10:50:53 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Kenny
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default C88+

I built a c88+ Wanted to try this before moving on to something more expensive. Good thing because i'v ran in to a few problems
All was ready to go and it only printed a few lines and now nothing (no ink coming out. Not sure if i damaged the print head, because it also doesn't seen to attemt to try to print the entire image. Just tries to print about one inch then stops printing. No lights flashing to indicate it had a problem.
Any help please. I would like to make this work before moving on.
THANKS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2010 Feb 2, 2010 11:48:24 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: ahmad

Default Re: C88+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjohnson
I built a c88+ Wanted to try this before moving on to something more expensive. Good thing because i'v ran in to a few problems
All was ready to go and it only printed a few lines and now nothing (no ink coming out. Not sure if i damaged the print head, because it also doesn't seen to attemt to try to print the entire image. Just tries to print about one inch then stops printing. No lights flashing to indicate it had a problem.
Any help please. I would like to make this work before moving on.
THANKS
Have you tried to adjust the distance of paper censor?

Old February 3rd, 2010 Feb 3, 2010 9:35:55 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Yes, I made adjustments and it seems to be at the correct level. I decided to buy another c88+ and try again. If you dont first succeed, then try again and again and again and again and again...........................

Old February 21st, 2010 Feb 21, 2010 11:29:38 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I got another printer and I'm having same result. Acts as if it is printing and it shows im getting low on ink. But I have no idea where the ink is going. No ink on shirt. Please Help, any advice??????????? Is driving me nuts.
Thanks

Old February 21st, 2010 Feb 21, 2010 8:39:12 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I've succefully modified a T21, and the concept behind C88 should be pretty similar. I might be able to help you.

Are you using a CISS? I think you should take a picture of your system? are you printing using the highest quality? describe your usage in a bit more detail in order for me to make any advice.

Old February 22nd, 2010 Feb 22, 2010 12:49:29 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I'm just using standard ink cartridges, no ciss system or dtg inks at this point. I can tell it to print a pic and it will pull the platen thru and act as if it is printing, the head moves from side to side, but no ink on shirt. The software indicates that it is using ink each time I try and print. But I cant find any ink anywhere.

Old February 23rd, 2010 Feb 23, 2010 4:08:59 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Simon

Probably the head got clogged, have you kept the capping station?
If you have not then the ink will dry and clog the head. Remove the cartridges, Use a syringe and press some alcohol or ammonia into the print head (there are a lot of unclogging methods,you can search google and t-shirtforums) .
The printer just calculate the ink drops and gives the info to the driver. I believe that you are going to need a chip reseter.

Old February 23rd, 2010 Feb 23, 2010 6:10:38 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos
Probably the head got clogged, have you kept the capping station?
If you have not then the ink will dry and clog the head. Remove the cartridges, Use a syringe and press some alcohol or ammonia into the print head (there are a lot of unclogging methods,you can search google and t-shirtforums) .
The printer just calculate the ink drops and gives the info to the driver. I believe that you are going to need a chip reseter.

I should add that you shouldn't push the cleaning solution through the heads. You run the risk of creating a harder clog. When you attach the syringe to the nibs, try sucking the ink into the syringe first. You could spray some solution on the print nozzles and let it sit first. If you have dried particles in the nib you will be pushing this matter through the heads creating a worse clog.

Bob ?;O)

Old February 23rd, 2010 Feb 23, 2010 6:21:05 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

1. Yes I keep the caping staition. Will try to post a pic to night. Do you think that the ink is still in the cartridges? Where do i get a a chip restarter?

2. The first printer took a few days to complete so I thought It may have cloged the head while it was sitting idial. But the second print went strait from the box to the platen and then I instaled the ink just to avoid cloging during the build time. Should have tested first, but was afraid it may clog like it did the first time.

I realy appreciate your help. Thanks a million.
Kenny

Old February 23rd, 2010 Feb 23, 2010 6:26:54 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Kenny,

You aren't getting any ink out of the heads... Humm... It sounds like you have disconnected something on the controller board. Check to see that you have all the leads facing the correct direction. They won't make a connection if you place them in backwards. Know, I've done that.

Bob ?;O)

Old February 23rd, 2010 Feb 23, 2010 4:52:25 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Here's some pics of the set up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c88 001.JPG (1,011.0 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg c88 002.JPG (942.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg c88 003.JPG (1,010.6 KB, 135 views)

Old February 24th, 2010 Feb 24, 2010 6:27:08 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Try to drive the waste ink pump manually (because after you removed the paper shaft, the waste ink pump system does not work. I guess you have not suck the ink from the cartrige into the waste ink pump in order to make the ink flow properly and to prevent the printhead from clotting.

Old February 24th, 2010 Feb 24, 2010 2:22:27 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I used syringes to try to pull ink thru while the head was in the capeing staiton. Could not get any ink to come thru. No ink has come thru the head at this point, could it have cloged the head with the cartridges loaded for 2 days? If so can the entire head be removed to soak in a cleaning solution?
Thanks

Old February 24th, 2010 Feb 24, 2010 10:55:23 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

If the ink doesnt come through when you try to pull the ink manually, than I guess it might be a print head clotting. But you said you tried two printers, and both had the same problem? is your capping station correctly installed such that it is in direct contact with the print head?

Old February 25th, 2010 Feb 25, 2010 4:15:00 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Everthing apears to be lined up correctly. But when I pull back on the syringe I do not feel any resistance. So Im not sure if it is pulling air from the head or I dont have a good seal between the capping staition and the head.

This is a discussion about C88+ that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in