[DIY DTG] sensor paper r1900 problem position - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] sensor paper r1900 problem position

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 4th, 2009 Nov 4, 2009 12:58:55 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: dominique
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question sensor paper r1900 problem position

i have make a dtg flatbed printing with a base epson r1900. but i have a problem with a position sensor paper.
how many millimeter after a firt sensor paper.
when i test i have all test paper sensor no good with 2 led flashing. any person have a solution for me thank sorry but i dont speak very well
thank for all answer
best regard

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 4th, 2009 Nov 4, 2009 6:26:33 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: sensor paper r1900 problem position

it is almost impossible to get the paper sensor to fire correctly using the standard epson print driver. RIP software for dtg will make it very easy to get it going. Approximate distance is .645 inch from sensor switch. Epson R1800 and 1900 are nearly the same. Best wishes

The Following User Says Thank You to jacollie For This Useful Post:
sapdiffusion (November 6th, 2009)
Old November 6th, 2009 Nov 6, 2009 1:47:15 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: dominique

Question Re: sensor paper r1900 problem position

thank for your information.
could you give me the name and version about this rip.
and if you have another information about ink white and is is possible with your rip print white on black tee shirts ? i made a dtg with a base epson r1900
thank.... for all informations

Old December 31st, 2009 Dec 31, 2009 6:29:07 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

sapdiffusion,

Running into the same problem with my mod... I believe the problem is the PW sensor in the print head. The PE sensor is tripping but the PW is not and it registers as a print jam. The PW is a reflective sensor so I'm thinking that paper is more reflective than a T.... I haven't attempted it yet but I'm thinking about how I might position this sensor closer to the T....

I hope this helps... please chime in if you find a solution.

Bob ?;O)

Old March 8th, 2010 Mar 8, 2010 6:20:16 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

moding an epson 1100 workforce... started striping it down, testing print as i did one step at a time.once i removed the spring or paper holder mechanism it wont print. print head goes to left slowly fast back to station kicks paper feeder then shuts down flashing yellow ink and paper lights together epson screen on computer says general error...help

Old March 8th, 2010 Mar 8, 2010 6:44:49 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

German,

You are not alone. My modification is built on an 1100 as well. It suffers an issue with the automatic paper size mechanism that the 1900 has. I have been able to get it to print using Gimp and Gutenprint but I still get a number of General Errors... It is hit and miss.

Bob ?;O)

Old March 10th, 2010 Mar 10, 2010 9:12:05 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

yeah im getting a little discourged...... its hit and miss like you said..thought it was just the 1100 but i think its epson wide.... ive talked to an electronics engineer. i explained what i was doing he basically told me its a can of worms hacking around the sensors that it would be misfireing alot those sensors are so touchy n precise fumbled with it three days straight (on n off ya know) yellow lights dam!!!!! but he suggested get a local electronics guy to look at it with schematics said should be able to bypass or reroute them easally gonna look into that but i live in d middle of nowhere... by the way i have the service manual in pdf for the 1100 if you need it let me know send it to [email protected]

Last edited by german13; March 11th, 2010 at 04:59 PM..

Old March 10th, 2010 Mar 10, 2010 9:21:41 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

everythings there just gotta get around the sensors let me know if you come up with anything...i watched bobbris youtube vid on his 1400 he got it to pop you can see his hand in d video right where the pe sensor is if its not relocated....im thinking prob took a number of trys to trip it correctly....just a guess i dont know i cant seem to get alot of info.....im the kinda guy that will share positive productive info so someone can save a buck....just like d service man i offered up....but i dont see alot info an supposedly runing dtgs makes me think.....hmmm are the really working properly etc...i wanna be positive but either people arent share n info or they dont want to educate anyone on there discovery.......

Last edited by german13; March 11th, 2010 at 04:59 PM..

Old March 10th, 2010 Mar 10, 2010 10:17:54 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

German,

I know how you feel... I'm still a bit doubtful that a modern Epson can be used efficiently without some electronics hacking. Did you try printing with Gimp and Gutenprint?

Bob ?;O)

Old March 11th, 2010 Mar 11, 2010 11:18:13 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

got some encourging news, one of the electronic programmers i sourced said he can make it happen...from what i understand a new microcontroller board telling sensors all is good-then adding sensors for your beginning and end print task... eliminating misfires and unrelyability board or hardware 300.00 us + programming charge imo small price compared to commercial units when your printer goes bad just transfer board...havent got that estimate yet...but hes interrested in selling multiple units for these conversions because the programming would be done, just coping to boards. would work on most epson printers he said some boards would be slightly different due to wiring connections... think we got something wow im excited now

Old March 11th, 2010 Mar 11, 2010 4:46:27 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

update on the electronics man....emailed me back after i sent the service manual to him. he says its not a problem, hes yet to give me an estimate on the cost of the programming time...hopefully its resonable im ready to make this happen, im a mechanical designer by trade got a fabulous platten design very similar to rainbow printer... www.rainbow-printer.eu/ i think in the next couple months should be able to come up with a reliable fully functional design, i got into this project through my wife shes doing heat transfers and thought there had to be a better way she said yeah dtg, check the price...i almost choked...lol. any how my electronic guy said that the epson printers basicly run the same sensors with exception to ones with cd printable deals with them but there main boards the same...he said this microcontroller we are talking about is a parrallax? www.parallax.com/ he said this board would be applicable to any epson based off the same format electronics of the 1100 which i believe is 1100 and up. the plug in conectors might be slightly different but could be adaptable not requiring multiple boards just different connectors.. if he can get the electronics working which he assures me he can, i believe i would offer it up at a small price increase to benefit all of us and he would manufacture them...which he does now for a variety of different companies devices on other products, i would own the program however. im not really interested in making the whole kit i think anybody here on diydtg has that ability and there own designs seen quite a few very nice platten design pics here and on yahoo forums... ill post something during the process i gotta ship my stripped down 1100 to him for the application and his testing.....this is all depending on the programing estimate i would be willing to invest 1000 for that hope its no more if it is might consider partnering with someone to split the cost but also split the benefits...well we will see what happens...lets pray...lol

Last edited by german13; March 11th, 2010 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: edit web address

Old May 14th, 2010 May 14, 2010 11:26:58 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hey all. I just found this thread because I am experiencing the same problem right now with my 1900 (two flashing yellow lights that come on right after the paper roller does it's thing - PE sensor?). Any solutions yet?

Old May 14th, 2010 May 14, 2010 11:48:39 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrockett
Hey all. I just found this thread because I am experiencing the same problem right now with my 1900 (two flashing yellow lights that come on right after the paper roller does it's thing - PE sensor?). Any solutions yet?
i assume its powering up correctly into the ready state ? if so have you tried multirip GP with it yet ? if not download the demo and give it a try, on my diy 1800 i had the exact same issue, with multirip you can put the platen almost anywhere and it just works. one other thing that does cause a similar problem, make sure you have the correct paper size in photoshop (or whatever your using) and the multirip 1900 driver, sounds obvious but it has caught me out on several occasions.

Old May 14th, 2010 May 14, 2010 11:52:00 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

No, actually - my printer can't make it to ready state. It goes through the boot-up process until (I assume) it tests the PE sensor in the paper holder assembly, then I get the two flashing lights error. Do you think Multirip will override that?

Old May 14th, 2010 May 14, 2010 12:39:51 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrockett
No, actually - my printer can't make it to ready state. It goes through the boot-up process until (I assume) it tests the PE sensor in the paper holder assembly, then I get the two flashing lights error. Do you think Multirip will override that?
then you havent got the step sensor aligned correctly on the wheel, when the 1800 was out of alignment the startup sequence was as follows, printhead nudges right, then takes a slow movement all the way to the left, hits the end, swooshes back to the right, at this point it spins the main roller and gets a reading from the step sensor, if its not aligned the roller spins once and errors, you have to play with it to get it in the right position.

This is a discussion about sensor paper r1900 problem position that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in