[DIY DTG] homemade DTG with Epson 1100??? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] homemade DTG with Epson 1100???

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2010 Sep 29, 2010 10:17:11 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: homemade DTG with Epson 1100???

Can you post pictures of how and where you mounted the sensors ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2010 Oct 1, 2010 10:40:02 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Dear sonoduce

I have problem with the sensor and the 2 yellow lights on. Please show me how to fix it. I also waiting for Debogus show how to mount the sensor and I hopping that not take long to see it.

Thanks for all friends
tieutusamac

Old October 1st, 2010 Oct 1, 2010 11:15:10 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

"for Debogus" ? No Im waitng too.
So I can disembowel this printer in a proper way

Old October 1st, 2010 Oct 1, 2010 5:49:44 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Louis

Nice job Sonoduce !!!

Old October 2nd, 2010 Oct 2, 2010 10:59:44 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: andy

HI, Sonoduce
can you please post the pictures as to where you posiioned the sensor, i get mine 1100 to power up without any errors but when I send a file to be printed I get a paper error, the printer pulls the paper in 1/4" then shows me a paper error

Old October 2nd, 2010 Oct 2, 2010 11:18:11 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Re: problems with epson 1100 mod
Quote:Originally Posted by tieutusamacMr. German13,

I had that problems same as yours now, I'd appreciate if you have solved it. Please let me know how? then I can make mine.

Thousand thanks
Khiden yes...

I solved it heres how... buy a 1400,1900 or above epson printer with roll mode or manual roll mode capability..

I worked with the WORKFORCE 1100 for 6months.. YOU WILL NEVER GET THIS MODERN STYLE PRINTER WITH ITS SENSORS TO WORK PROPERLY WITHOUT ERROR -WITHOUT ADDED FIRMWARE... you can Read the trials of this in the micro controller thread that was started early 2010..color finger was working on the workforce aswell.. im not quite sure if there is an older version of the 1100 without the sensor configuration of the current version..that may be different..you can manually trip the WORKFORCE 1100 by hand and get it to print 1 out eight times, so if you see a vid of one of these working thats how they did it unless it has a micro controller or plc but it will most certainly have programming issues and will need a separate power source isolaters extra sensors etc..alot of money for a cheap cmyk printer...it only has sheet mode capability so it requires an added controller of some sort to dictate the sheet feed timing in coespondence with the pe.. you can do it with a micro but is not reliable.. its cheaper to upgrade in printer for an easier fix.. upgrading has other benefits aswell.. rip support, added channels for white ink, perfect multiple pass registration etc etc.. bestway to debunk claims of one of these working without extra firmware is request an in person viewing of it operating starting with powering the printer on thru printing..this will give you the truth or a vid showing same.. if theres extra firmware you should see this in the wiring mods its easy to see from the board out.., if you have a vid of this nature send it to me and ill check it out for you.. how the extra firmware works in most cases is it reads the pulses from the asf then emulates this timing thru the micro to start print..however it does not end the print this would have to be done by adding sensors in place of the pe... the big problem with this printer is the paper feed motor (the one on the paper feed tray itself ..stepper motor...starts the process it moves paper into position then when it hits the pe the pf (the one with encoder disc attached) takes over the process ..so this timing has to be matched perfect or you will get fatal errors or paper jam etc... i suppose the programming in the driver could be altered..we were not successful at doing this either.. it would take some one familiar with the printers language.. you can however pull it out and read it with certain hex editors..

anyone who tells you any different is feeding you a line of B.S this is the printer i started with.. save yourself some time and money and move forward
Last edited by german13; 1 Day Ago at 10:35 PM.

Last edited by german13; October 3rd, 2010 at 01:06 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
tieutusamac (October 4th, 2010)
Old October 4th, 2010 Oct 4, 2010 3:27:40 PM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: homemade DTG with Epson 1100???

Mr. German13,
At first, thank you again for your advice.
I’ m going to buy an Epson 1400 printer as your suggestion to move on for my DTG printer project. But my financial so limited. So now, I can only afford the Epson 1400 printer. I‘d appreciate if you could spare me a plan for the Epson 1400 printer.
Thanks German13,
Tieutusamac

Old October 5th, 2010 Oct 5, 2010 2:09:05 PM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi, I'm new to the project. I can not publish photos of the position of the sensors but they are and make sure the printer is epson b1100sin no additional electronics. I can only print with gimp and guntenprint and then turn the printer on the first impression never goes out. I have many problems with the color and that seems gutenprint drivers are not good because I get the impression not as in your computer. I printed over 100 times without getting the right result, I have tried in w7, linux and mac and all I have the same problem.
I put a video as the sequence of the burden of paper and then you know that the sensor has to turn pf the same speed as the paper.
Greetings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ2XAXx7mKs

the Imaje that is in the middle is printed on laser printer with the same file as the other
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 040.JPG (1.99 MB, 278 views)

Old October 24th, 2010 Oct 24, 2010 9:44:50 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: pracaieiras

Hello sonoduce,
I sent a PM (private message) to you hope you can help me.
Paul

Old October 24th, 2010 Oct 24, 2010 7:07:27 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: leon

this is interesting

Old October 30th, 2010 Oct 30, 2010 4:49:28 PM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

hola, he estado muy liado y no he podido entrar en el foro, voy a publicar las fotos del sensor del papel, que esta puesto en la barra central de la cinta transportadora (que solo se mueve cuando la base de la camiseta llega hasta el centro), tambien pongo las fotos de la placa para que veais que no tengo puesto ningun sensor externo para que funcione, mañana pondre un video completo de la epson b1100 funcionando.
Lo que no he podido solucionar es el problema que tengo con los colores y tambien me alarga la imagen 1,5 centimetros en a3 que supongo que es por la cinta transportadora.
Espero poder ayudaros a montar la vuestra y tambien pido disculpas por escribir en español
Saludos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0143.JPG (1.91 MB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0141.JPG (1.88 MB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_014.jpg (930.7 KB, 281 views)
File Type: png IMG_0149.PNG (757.3 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0142.JPG (1.84 MB, 216 views)

Old October 30th, 2010 Oct 30, 2010 8:36:52 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks Thats why god invented translator programs no ?
Ah the pf sensor location thank you
Are you running gimp on pc or mac ?

Cool stuff,
keep it up

Old October 31st, 2010 Oct 31, 2010 4:08:16 PM -   #28 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

hola, yo empleo pc con windows 7 pero lo he probado con mac y linux y tambien funciona,
pongo un video grabado a 720 DPI High Quality

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sonoduce For This Useful Post:
debogus (November 1st, 2010), pinoy (June 25th, 2011)
Old October 31st, 2010 Oct 31, 2010 7:17:22 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks
Im still on XP. But I did get both Gimp and Guttenprint loaded
Was wondering at first because the majority of the Gimp documentation seems aimed at mac or linux.
The PF sensor looks the same as on the WF30
Cool looks like its frankenstein time for the WF30

The translotor link did this (¿Sí, bueno o ningún bueno?)
Alambique
de las gracias Im en XP. Pero conseguí el Gimp y Guttenprint cargado
se preguntaba al principio porque la mayoría de la documentación del Gimp se parece mac o linux dirigido.
El sensor del PF mira igual que en los parecer
frescos WF30 su tiempo del frankenstein para el WF30: D

Thank you for providing ideas on the workforce series

Old November 10th, 2010 Nov 10, 2010 9:31:03 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

This is a Epson 1400 Printer had converted to DTG By me. Please check it out and tell me what do you think about it? Here is a link:
Thank you for looking,
Tieutusamac

This is a discussion about homemade DTG with Epson 1100??? that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in