[Pictures of DTG Printed Garments] How well can DTG print vintage / distressed prints? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

[Pictures of DTG Printed Garments] How well can DTG print vintage / distressed prints?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago Jul 29, 2020 12:45:40 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default How well can DTG print vintage / distressed prints?

I have an online store and most of my designs are suppose to look faded. I'm currently trying to find a POD service for most of these designs. How do I set up my files to get them to look like the picture attached? You can see others on my store at hometownriot.com for more references to what I'm eluding to.

Anyway, with screen printing it's easy, I just add a filter and print without flashing. Is it possible to get these types of prints on DTG or am I dreaming?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago Jul 29, 2020 1:28:03 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,560 Times in 2,277 Posts

Default Re: How well can DTG print vintage / distressed prints?

After several washes of a DTG print, it's going to look like that regardless.

Old 1 Week Ago Jul 29, 2020 3:24:33 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Default Re: How well can DTG print vintage / distressed prints?

Better to do a "solid" type of distressing pattern than a faded one. So some random splatters and spots that you knock out of the image, or take a fade effect and transform it into a halftone. If you leave it as just a fade, what you are likely to get is a fade TO the white underbase, rather than to the shirt.

Be clear in your title that it is a distressed design. A lot of people like that look, and it does help hide some of the imperfections of POD printing, but some people receive the shirt and just think it was a crap print job.

This is a discussion about How well can DTG print vintage / distressed prints? that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in