T-Shirt Forums banner

Converting Vastex Conveyor Dryer to DTG Processes

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tkster95 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a Vastex EconoRed-II conveyor dryer that I used (very little) for curing plastisol before I bailed on screen printing altogether. The dryer has been sitting for years, but I now have an Epson F2100 and have been doing DTG for a few months. I have two questions about the dryer:

1) Can I use it (as-is) to dry pre-treat on shirts? If so, does anyone have suggestions for the best settings to use? I know I will have to press them for 10-15 seconds before printing to lay down the fibers, but I like the idea of pretreating many shirts at once and pressing/printing as I need them. I understand that, stored properly, pre-treated shirts can be stored for weeks or even months. This will work well for my production process.

2) When I asked the folks at Vastex about using the EconoRed-II to cure DTG prints, they said I can "get it to work" by adding a LR-X1D-30 chamber to the conveyor. Does anyone have experience with this setup? Does it just "work" or does it work well? Again, if so, settings suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

--Jim.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am pretty sure you need a forced air dryer. I tried using our Vastex DB-30 to dry prints off of our F2100 and it did cure them BUT, the print felt super rough. I am thinking this is due to it not being forced air. With that being said, I have not felt a print coming out of a forced air dryer so I have nothing to compare it to. If there is a way to use a standard conveyor dryer I want to know too! Lol

#3 ·
I was wondering if you were able to cure dtg prints using your econored 2? I have the same oven and will be purchasing a dtg soon. I'm hoping I'll be able to cure prints with it, even if it is a long dwell time. If it doesn't work, not sure if I want to swap it out for the lr-x1d-30 or get a air fusion iq. What do you use to cure you prints now? Thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.