T-Shirt Forums banner

DTG or Digital Heat FX

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  inooeee 
#1 ·
I am at the point where my business is ready to expand. We are looking into a DTG ( not sure which brand) or Digital Heat FX. I would appreciate any thoughts on this issue. We usually do a few orders a month ranging from 10-40 shirts per order.
Thank you.

#2 ·
First time posting here. I look forward to the answers you get as we are in the same boat. I’ve been doing 7-10 shirts a day, 6 days a week on the fly and orders of 40-200 a couple of times a month.

We have been doing vinyl but It’s limited. We have requests for much more detailed work so we want to meet our customers needs as well.

We just completed our contract on Friday for a DTG. We went with the Ri-1000 and I am finding out as I research and watch videos that I need much for the operation than I initially understood. But it’s not horrible cost wise for the extra items we need but did not realize.

#6 ·
I have the digital heat FX system with the Oki Pro 8432 and it is true the digital heat fx transfer paper is sooo expensive and cuts your margins. You can purchase a "paper saving club" with them that's $200 if im not mistaken and they will reduce the cost per 100pcs by $50 but you have to be set up for deliveries every month or every other month.

There is another option which you can get the transfer paper from which is a company from the UK called Forever Transfer Paper which sells the same type of paper much cheaper. $317 for 100 sheets to print on only dark shirts or $138 for 100 sheets to print on light color shirts.

Other than that its pretty solid :) hope this helps

#5 ·
Digital HeaT FX is a Oki color laser printer with special paper. They will sent you samples if you call them. Paper is very expensive about 4 dollars per piece and toner is expensive. If you have a market where you can sell your shirts for a decent price it may work for u

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.