Bad nozzle check and alignment issues-need help - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Bad nozzle check and alignment issues-need help

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 25th, 2019 Mar 25, 2019 12:20:48 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Bad nozzle check and alignment issues-need help

Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a DTG printer based on Epson 4800.

First of all my nozzle check is inconsistent. Sometimes i get ok results sometimes results are terrible. You can see the picture from today's nozzle check. Is there a save this head? It should be a brand new head if the seller is not lying.

My second issue is that I am getting magenta outline on blacks and when i print only magenta color they look doubled.

Third issue is when i am printing on bidirectional mode then all the pictures are all doubled and fuzzy.

So far I cleaned the encoder strip. Nothing changed.

I have attached all the pictures.
I am in need of desperate help. I bought the machine which was not so cheap and couldn't do a single job.
Thank you in advance

Note to Turkish members: The guy I bought this machine won't answer my service request even though I have a legal sales contract which states that he must give service whenever needed. Regarding this I already started a legal procedure. Why I am telling this is if someone is from Turkey and thinks to buy a DTG printer don't buy from this guy. I can tell you the name of him if you send me a message. He is a scammer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nozzle check.JPG (762.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg bidirectional mode.JPG (202.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg magenta issues 1 unidirectional.JPG (241.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg magenta issues 2 unidirectional.JPG (234.7 KB, 8 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2019 Mar 26, 2019 11:26:25 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Bad nozzle check and alignment issues-need help

I've got a 4880. The alignment issue is likely the encoder strip, if you've cleaned it and still misprinting - get a new one (they do go bad) - I always have an extra on hand.
Now onto the nozzle check, you probably need a new Capping Top for the capping station, if there is not a good seal between it and the print head the ink will dry out enough to give you bad nozzle checks. When I notice that I'm starting to get poor nozzle checks, changing the capping top clears it up.
Have you tried pulling ink through the print head? DON'T try this without the syringe with check valves or you will be replacing dampners.
Encoder strip, capping top and syringe will cost about $60 combined.
I've been using the same printer for over 5 years with few calls to support.

Old March 26th, 2019 Mar 26, 2019 11:47:20 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I should mention that I have never had an issue with a specific color mis-aligning, so beyond a new encoder strip I may not be much help, sorry.

Old March 26th, 2019 Mar 26, 2019 2:31:25 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try to change the encoder strip. I saw white dots on it.
Do you think i should do a head alignment?

Old March 28th, 2019 Mar 28, 2019 10:51:52 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

The photos indicate the red channel is clogging.

For most printers based on the ESPON print head including large format printers, there is something called the "maintenance station assembly" and it must be kept clean and in good working order. It consists of a silicone wiper, capping unit, pump station, and spittoon.
There is an small electric pump (vacuum)which during cleaning cycle pulls ink via the capping unit. Its important the capping unit seal is clean. Over time the tubings connected to the capping unit become full of gummed up ink. Tubes can be replaced or if you have the time cleaned using copper wire and solvent.
Once your maintenance station is working as should, run a cleaning cycle and you'll see the red will be perfect once again.

AP

Old March 28th, 2019 Mar 28, 2019 12:12:27 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thumbs up Re: Bad nozzle check and alignment issues-need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by APCUSTOMSHOP
The photos indicate the red channel is clogging.

For most printers based on the ESPON print head including large format printers, there is something called the "maintenance station assembly" and it must be kept clean and in good working order. It consists of a silicone wiper, capping unit, pump station, and spittoon.
There is an small electric pump (vacuum)which during cleaning cycle pulls ink via the capping unit. Its important the capping unit seal is clean. Over time the tubings connected to the capping unit become full of gummed up ink. Tubes can be replaced or if you have the time cleaned using copper wire and solvent.
Once your maintenance station is working as should, run a cleaning cycle and you'll see the red will be perfect once again.

AP
Thank you very much. Comments relieved me a lot. I will do the suggestions mentioned here and let you know about the results. Hopefully I get this machine working again.

Old March 31st, 2019 Mar 31, 2019 3:09:14 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I have called a technician since I don't have so much technical knowledge. He will come on Monday. I will post the results here so that anyone who has a similar problem can benefit from.

Old 4 Days Ago May 15, 2019 11:58:22 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hello again
After spending many hours with technician and countless powercleanings we have solved the problem.
It turned out the nozzles were bad and also the ink. We were able to partially saved the head by cleaning it manually and switching to a better quality ink my problem is finally solved and the printer is up and running.
Now I can see how important and makes difference to use good quality ink.
thank you for all the help

This is a discussion about Bad nozzle check and alignment issues-need help that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in