Used f2000 vs NEW Ricoh Ri1000 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Used f2000 vs NEW Ricoh Ri1000

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 13th, 2019 Mar 13, 2019 11:45:26 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Used f2000 vs NEW Ricoh Ri1000

Need some advice. Seen Epson running. Which is the better choice?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 13th, 2019 Mar 13, 2019 4:26:27 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Looking to purchase within the next day or so, if you have an opinion I’d like to hear it. Maybe the better question is this.... has anajet changed Alford the better since the Ricoh purchase or is it more of the same? Secondly Epson is known to be stingy with their print heads and diy self service... has anyone had issues with this? Especially when it comes to the printhead replacement since it IS a consumable.

Old March 14th, 2019 Mar 14, 2019 7:44:48 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

A comparison would be nice but maybe isn’t available. How about anyone that has purchased the Ri 1000? Any comments on the machine?

Old March 14th, 2019 Mar 14, 2019 1:23:53 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Used f2000 vs NEW Ricoh Ri1000

These is a thread about the Ri 1000 in the Anajet section with some comments and thoughts.

Also, I came across a couple in Texas that have a YouTube channel that recently bought one. He does an entire maintenance cycle on video (30 minutes or so.) They also have a 30 minute video on the "what vendors don't tell you about DTG" which I thought was interesting. I believe their channel was Blue Knight Apparel. Check it out.

Old March 14th, 2019 Mar 14, 2019 1:24:38 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Also, if you end up getting either, I'd love to hear a follow up with your thoughts about them.

Old March 14th, 2019 Mar 14, 2019 5:31:23 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi I'm new to DTG but brought a Epson f2000 back November last year.
I find its very easy to use and maintain. Leave machine on 24/7 do not turn off.
Do what it tells you to do everyday and cap clean every day, after use
Garment creator- Just wish it had placements to show you where to place pocket logos instead of guessing and getting A4 paper and placing it on garment and wasting ink to get placement right.
I have seen a lot of users getting the Kothri program and using this with it to give more vibrant prints. I have not got that yet as selling shirts is not easy.lol
I also wish their was one machine that could print on poly shirts instead of doing the testing I,m doing now with the Epson poly pretreatment,you waste a lot of ink.
INK-its expensive here in Australia around $250 per ink for 600ml Would be a lot better if you could buy bulk ink and reusable printer cartridges. But I guess that's where Epson make their money.
PLATANS-I have a lot but again very expensive, I have brought the sleeve platan thinking you could print on the whole sleeve but it,s only to do top of sleeves.
well that's my thoughts, hope it helps

The Following User Says Thank You to shannon2259 For This Useful Post:
Rossomeness (March 15th, 2019)
Old March 15th, 2019 Mar 15, 2019 3:35:08 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jerome

With DTG, unless you know what you are doing buy new. These machines require constant maintenance and the process is very challenging in the beginning. Buy new with support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old March 18th, 2019 Mar 18, 2019 3:46:34 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks for the replies! Blue knight are the only ones I’ve seen with the machine so I’m a bit nervous to be number two. On the anajet thread there was no info just the same question it seems. Seems when I’m ready to go, I’ve had some flakes from the other avenues so makes me think about taking the trip to Ricoh in Ca or possibly to Florida for something else? I’m leaving today for something but looking at the thread makes me want. To stay far from anajet Ricoh but the other side is that this is a new printer and ppl tend to complain more than praise so idk. I have an repurposed dtg and printhead going scarce so that’s why I’m here. I hate that Epson is the only one that you can’t replace head on your own so that’s a worry. Epson head 3k w tech and Ricoh 2k self install ... decisions

Old March 18th, 2019 Mar 18, 2019 6:49:21 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by l AliAs l
I hate that Epson is the only one that you can’t replace head on your own so that’s a worry. Epson head 3k w tech and Ricoh 2k self install ... decisions
actually you can find original spare parts of the f2000 and, at warranty ended, change pretty much everything alone without big issues

Old March 18th, 2019 Mar 18, 2019 6:27:31 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

everywhere I read it says you need a program that only techs have for pressure ect and have to put the printer head code in. Some ppl talk about it on threads but no one has said (that I’ve found) it works fine with no program xx months or years later , no problems. No one shared the process or a YouTube video showing that it worked out. I’ve seen one YouTube video on how to take it out but he didnt print after showing it was successful. With so many of these printers out there I figure this should be a common occurrence but there are a lot of f2000 on eBay “needs printhead” and no one is jumping.

Old March 18th, 2019 Mar 18, 2019 6:31:48 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I heard Melco has a sheet that matches the platen on the screen to get the spot perfect. As far as the platen, Livingston systems Tucloc has a dual sleeve platen that you are looking for.

This is a discussion about Used f2000 vs NEW Ricoh Ri1000 that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in