T-Shirt Forums banner

Ricoh Ri 100 DTG $5k

39K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  Faceandlens.com 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the new Ricoh Ri 100 DTG printer? The package, which includes the printer, finisher, two plates, and a set of ink, is $5,190.00. Which is an affordable option for me right now.

The only drawback is that it doesn't utilize white ink (Only CMYK) so no printing on dark fabrics. And we all know that within a year (probably less) a DTG will be released at a similar price point that DOES print on dark fabrics.

Does anyone have any experience with this machine? Are there any options that do print on dark fabrics that are under 10k that I haven't found yet?

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#44 ·
Hey guys, great thread. I'm considering getting one of these to work alongside the single colour waterbased screen printing set up I have in my garage.
A couple of questions if anyone with any experience can help?
I get that Dark coloured tees won't work with this printer, but how dark are we talking before it starts to become ineffective? Would Heather Grey Tees work, or say, Royal blue, or is it only really for use with Whites?
Also can you print sweaters or is it just for tees?
Thanks in advance, Chris

#47 ·
The Roland BT12 and Ricoh Ri100 price is the same. Both include the dryer unit and come with 2 sets of ink and 2 carriages.
I print graphics onto the t-shirt first, then heat press some heat vinyl letters above and below.
Yes you can reposition the shirt and print a second time to cover more area.

#51 ·
Hi all, I'm new into this and I'm interested in this printer just was wondering is it possible to change one of the inks colors to white color and print only white (mono color) on black garments when needed? Or its not possible at all? It seems bec this printer only has 4 colors CMYK we can't do any work around or hacks to be able to print on dark garments. Correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.