T-Shirt Forums banner

compatible inks with epson 5113 printhead

[White Ink Printing on DTG Printers] 
3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  transp 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

ive just bought a focus athena dtg from china.... Had teething problems from the start....

My whites arent coming out like whites (i sound like a soap detergent ad from years ago :D)

it must be inks (ive tried everything else!), Anyone have a printer with epson 5113 printhead? Any good inks to recommend or if i shouldnt worry about the inks and i can use any quality brand.

thanks

#8 ·
I had to make a decision... do i continue to try and get this white ink working???
After months of problems i only use the colour printhead. I just had too much problems and needed to start earning money... the white inks never ever printed like in the video shown... i tried everything , i even bought pre treated t shirts. Still came out a dark grey...
It is fast, but there are too many issues with this machine. I would only buy this machine if you are an 'expert' and know about all aspects of dtg, ink, cleaning, maintenence, how the ink /tubes work etc....

#9 ·
guys, stay away from Athena and all Focus printers is all I can say.
you will get 1 good white shirt first thing in the morning and then it will be a series of banding, swearing, hurtling tools at it followed by switching it off and cursing you didn't buy a proper machine.

the Epson 5113 and 4720 head is simply not made for White DTG ink, its as simple as that.

if you want to print on light garments with no white ink then you're fine, but white ink doesn't go through this machine.

Also, after-sales service is nonexistent. they themselves don't know how the control panel works as I suspect they buy them from a manufacturer, bang on a focus label and resell.

The price and videos they send you as well as the samples are soooo enticing until you get the printer and realise it may have taken them a day to print that perfect sample not to mention the wasted ink, shirts etc.

I cannot emphasize strongly enough, do not buy this printer and any other printer with the Epson 5113 or 4720 head - they are now saying the 4720 head works much better. ive done my research and its bullshi* - it doesn't, same crap unfortunately

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.