New Brother GTX? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

New Brother GTX?

Like Tree14Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 1st, 2017 Nov 1, 2017 12:39:08 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: mark
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Brother GTX?

1182 print in the first few weeks only complaint it its too fast, puts alot of white ink down i use white pause or sometimes the image bleeds. over all very happy this printer is awsome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2017 Nov 2, 2017 7:19:52 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlogos
1182 print in the first few weeks only complaint it its too fast, puts alot of white ink down i use white pause or sometimes the image bleeds. over all very happy this printer is awsome.
Sounds like an awesome machine. Have you been able to nail down cost per print, say, for a 12" x 16" graphic with about 70% coverage? I'm especially interested in white ink usage and cost. Thanks.

Old November 16th, 2017 Nov 16, 2017 6:17:01 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

a had always used firebird pretreat with the 381. they are sending me a sample gallon for the gtx going to give it a try, any one else try it yet?

Old November 20th, 2017 Nov 20, 2017 3:22:35 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Is it a new pretreat specifically for GTX? Or their current Brother optimized one?

Old December 26th, 2017 Dec 26, 2017 4:09:51 PM -   #20 (permalink)
ABM
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Now that all you GTX users are 1-2 months into using the machine does it still meet all of Brothers claims and your expectations? Are the prints still faster, cheaper, and superior to other machines? Is the maintenance on the GTX as minimal and cost-effective as Brother sales reps have claimed?

Old January 17th, 2018 Jan 17, 2018 7:38:26 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Blair

I received my GTX about a week ago now and the first thing I made sure to do was keep a detailed ink log. Obviously loading the machine eats a lot of ink but by the time both my white 700 cc ink cartridges were empty i had only used 524 cc's of white ink for both cartridges combined which seems pretty bad to since the cartridges have 1,400 cc's of ink combined. I understand there is going to be waste but my Brother rep told me it should be under 5%. Either my machine has issues or the GTX loads about 800 cc's of white ink into the lines when setting it up. Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Or can anyone explain what's going on with my machine?

Old January 17th, 2018 Jan 17, 2018 8:44:27 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

don't know about the initial set up but every 24 shirt it dumps ink and maintenance solution like a pig.
keep us posted with you findings ive got a 200 pcs job this friday on black tees and will update you with the usage vs waste.

Old January 18th, 2018 Jan 18, 2018 3:55:03 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I don’t know how much ink is used to load the machine for the first time but it does use a lot because you’re filling all the lines which recirculates. Did you account for all the print tests that are done for the install?

The first ink bag came with the machine free anyways so don’t feel so bad. You should try to measure how much ink is used with your next ink bag.

Old January 18th, 2018 Jan 18, 2018 5:27:15 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I'm due to receive my ink order today so within a week I should be able to give you a better idea of my ink usage. What bugs me is that I asked my Brother rep several times what I should expect for white ink waste and I was told it was virtually nothing because the machine circulates the ink regularly. I had planned for the GTX to waste about 29% of every 1400 cc's of white ink but I have a feeling it will be closer to 45% which isn't great but I can work with that.

I will say in every other aspect the GTX is amazing from quality of print, maintenance requirements to the greatly reduced print times. I hope someone from Brother reads this and provides us with the basic information.

Old January 18th, 2018 Jan 18, 2018 5:42:09 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

If the rep told you virtually nothing on ink waste, that’s complete bs.

There’s waste and you still have to do maintenance with the GTX. But it’s a lot better than the previous GT-3.

I’m too lazy to keep track of ink usage and waste, so I will wait to see what you find. Haha

One thing to consider is temp and humidity. I’ve been told that if it’s not within optimal range, the machine will do auto cleans more frequently.

Old January 18th, 2018 Jan 18, 2018 8:02:05 AM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I contacted Brother and I'm told they'll have a response for me shortly. I'll let everyone know what I was told.

Old January 18th, 2018 Jan 18, 2018 8:19:12 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

My guess is they will probably ask if you have latest firmware and then ask about temp/humidity.

Good luck! Let us know if you find something else!

Old January 19th, 2018 Jan 19, 2018 12:52:15 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

ok kinda big results ran 100 darks today ink usage was 5.55 cc per shirt. I started with brand new ink cartridges.
Converting by weight in grams we used 764.5 cc's of white ink, by calculations thats a waste factor of 34%
im in South Florida perfect temp and humidity for this machine.

yes it prints awesome but it drinks ink folks.

Old March 2nd, 2018 Mar 2, 2018 5:07:18 AM -   #29 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlogos
ok kinda big results ran 100 darks today ink usage was 5.55 cc per shirt. I started with brand new ink cartridges.
Converting by weight in grams we used 764.5 cc's of white ink, by calculations thats a waste factor of 34%
im in South Florida perfect temp and humidity for this machine.

yes it prints awesome but it drinks ink folks.
Were you using 700 cc ink cartridges? If so your wasting 45% of your white ink. Your results were damn close to mine.

Old March 2nd, 2018 Mar 2, 2018 5:08:08 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I used two bags of 700 cc white ink between Jan 21 to Feb 12 to completion. Sadly of the 1,400 cc's I used 766.9 cc's and wasted 633.1 cc's of white ink. Temperature and humidity are import but I was able to maintain my humidity at an average of 39 percent and temperature of 19 degrees. My white ink waste was just over 45% and I have a feeling this is pretty common. I personally think if your humidity and temperature are ideal and you print enough to complete 1,400 cc's in two weeks or less you can get that down to 35% white ink waste. If you are one of those companies that prints only a few shirts a day I have a feeling your ink waste is closer to 70% or more. This machine like the 381 has to be used regularly or it's not worth having. If you are printing less then me you really have to ask yourself if having this machine is worth it.

I guess there have been a couple of software updates and I'm hoping one of them stops the cleaning after every 20 prints as this pointlessly eats a lot of ink.

This is a discussion about New Brother GTX? that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in