Epson 4880 DTG print head cleaning strategies - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Epson 4880 DTG print head cleaning strategies

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2012 Nov 28, 2012 2:27:57 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson 4880 DTG print head cleaning strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamboree88
Etchy, did you ever find a better price for a 4880 print head?
you can try this company Encompass Parts: Replacement parts and accessories
They sell all Epson printer parts for low prices and they even order some from epson directly if they do not have them in stock.

I have bought a lot of parts including print heads for my Freejet from them. The price I paid for the printhead(1290 model) was at least 60% cheaper than listed on ebay.

I believe you need to know a part # for a print head to find it on their website.

Update:

I have found one for just $229 there but it is not available. See it at http://www.encompassparts.com/item/7...ad_Sp4880_7880

Just make sure your printer has the same part # (F187000) I guess that part # was used in earlier versions of these printers and there should be a new part #.

If you need to replace anything else just google for your model parts list. You will find a pdf/doc or whatever format is in there and then you can find an original number for parts you are looking for. Then you can just serach for this part # on encompass website and you will get the best price.

If you cannot find your printer part list there are some websites that sells them and all kind of manual including service manuals for $2-5. I used one of them to find epson service utility and a part list for my Epson 1290 based flatbed printer.

Last edited by ozstockman; November 28th, 2012 at 02:49 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2012 Nov 28, 2012 9:23:32 PM -   #47 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch-Up
I have one and it does work.

It doesn't try to push any blockage out, it sucks it back.

The machine certainly takes the tedium out of the cleaning/recovery process.

John
How bad of a clog did it recover?

Old November 28th, 2012 Nov 28, 2012 9:27:11 PM -   #48 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozstockman
you can try this company Encompass Parts: Replacement parts and accessories
They sell all Epson printer parts for low prices and they even order some from epson directly if they do not have them in stock.

I have bought a lot of parts including print heads for my Freejet from them. The price I paid for the printhead(1290 model) was at least 60% cheaper than listed on ebay.

I believe you need to know a part # for a print head to find it on their website.

Update:

I have found one for just $229 there but it is not available. See it at Encompass Parts: Epson F187000 Print Head Sp4880 7880

Just make sure your printer has the same part # (F187000) I guess that part # was used in earlier versions of these printers and there should be a new part #.

If you need to replace anything else just google for your model parts list. You will find a pdf/doc or whatever format is in there and then you can find an original number for parts you are looking for. Then you can just serach for this part # on encompass website and you will get the best price.

If you cannot find your printer part list there are some websites that sells them and all kind of manual including service manuals for $2-5. I used one of them to find epson service utility and a part list for my Epson 1290 based flatbed printer.

That website is really outdated. They aren't available because print heads don't exist for $229 anymore nor did an F187000 print head. Back 8 months ago you could buy from Epson for about that much then get hit with tax. My price is nowhere near $400 so a consumers price isn't either.You can't get F187000 heads anymore anyways unless you need one you can request it but they cost more from Epson.

Old November 29th, 2012 Nov 29, 2012 12:32:11 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
That website is really outdated.
It is not outdated, it just has and shows all parts in their database. If they are discontinued then you will get "not available".

I just used the part # I could find for a 4880 print head. I do not have 4880 and I have googled to find it. That was the first one I found. Unfortunately their search based on printer model does not work at all.

If you use the last part # with their search you will get both the price and availability.

Anyway it is up to you. If you do not to buy from them it is your choice. Everybody else will save a lot on parts if they do.

Old November 30th, 2012 Nov 30, 2012 6:49:19 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Don't know if you saw my username but I know what Epson can/can't sell and at what price. Not trying to be a know it all but they don't sell heads at that price anymore, 6 months ago they hiked up the price by $250 so that $299 price doesn't exist nor will it for a long time. If you do find one at that price then it will have to be refurbished and outside the U.S. and if you do get one like that it won't work good. Lots of my customers fork out the money, get one and pop it in the printer with a bunch of clogged nozzles or will pop in the head and its guts are fried. Just a fair warning "Don't do it man!"

Old February 6th, 2013 Feb 6, 2013 3:58:21 PM -   #51 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: dalheart
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i have no idea how to clean the printer heads and what liquids to use...what can i use that i can find in a hardware store? i live 2000 miles away from the USA so help please.

Old June 30th, 2013 Jun 30, 2013 4:19:07 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunro
We have had really good luck with sticking to this regimen. One important rule is to clean the print head *every* day whether you use it or not.

We have also found that checking the integrity of the rubber seal on the capping station is important. As soon as it exhibits signs of roughness along the top edge, we replace the capping station. Failing to do this will seriously compromise the vacuum needed for good head cleaning (both regular and power cleans).

Another item ... when you replace the print head, also replace all of the damper valves. It's a good investment in peace of mind.

We just recently replaced the print head after almost a year of service and several thousand shirts. It was a black teflon-coated head. Its replacement is one of the older shiny gold-color heads which has already developed a few clogged nozzles, so our next replacement will be a teflon-coated head again.
Hi if you dont mind, can you do a video for all of your cleaning strategies when you are free. since you do it everyday and I can see you are really care of your machine. I am great to see how you maintain it with your heart.

Old January 1st, 2016 Jan 1, 2016 10:33:32 PM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Sorry to gravedig on this thread, but somebody mentioned retrofitting a DX5 onto a 4880 machine. I've got a T-Jet Blazer Express - is that something that's possible on my unit?

Old January 4th, 2016 Jan 4, 2016 11:01:25 AM -   #54 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenergy
Sorry to gravedig on this thread, but somebody mentioned retrofitting a DX5 onto a 4880 machine. I've got a T-Jet Blazer Express - is that something that's possible on my unit?

It's not retrofitting anything...the DX5 is what came with the 4880.

Old April 3rd, 2019 Apr 3, 2019 12:16:04 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Would Service Code 00010028 be resolved without changing printhead.. I think my printhead is severely clogged.. It does not even process nozzle check and print white strip of ink instead proper lines..
Any thoughts and help would be appreciated> Thanks

Old April 3rd, 2019 Apr 3, 2019 11:23:58 PM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Are you able to or have you attempted to flush the printhead?

This is a discussion about Epson 4880 DTG print head cleaning strategies that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in