Best DTG machine - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Best DTG machine

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CanarianDrifter

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 17th, 2015 Oct 17, 2015 8:46:04 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question Best DTG machine

This is a two part question. 1. What is the best dtg machine and 2. then whats the best dtg machine for 10k and under?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2015 Oct 29, 2015 1:10:16 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Best DTG machine

Hello,
what is the best dtg not know, but since I am a supporter of crowdfunding tried in various platforms and saw that on indiegogo began a campaign.
in my opinion it is to consider.

Old October 29th, 2015 Oct 29, 2015 2:48:22 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Dean

You need to do your research, make a list of what you want from the machine, like cleaning, low maintenance, one item or two at a time, speed, size, space it will take up.

I found the only way to stay under $10,000. Is to go refurbished from a company or used from like eBay, Craigslist, ect. But there is no warranty when you buy from the owner. These machines can be costly to repair specialty if you don't know what to do.

Good luck keep asking questions and looking around on this forum and others and YouTube helps also.

Good luck
Dean
L.I.Sport Store

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using T-Shirt Forums

Old October 29th, 2015 Oct 29, 2015 6:23:25 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Define "best"?

There is not 1 single printer that is the best for every single business model. I do feel there is a solution for every business model though. You typically get what you pay for in this industry but that's not always the case. The main things (besides your budget) is tech support, parts availability, print quality, hardware, software, training, speed and maintenance. DTG is not a perfect science...you will ruin shirts, you will waste ink and pretreat, you will fry a printhead and you will need tech support and/or parts at some point in time.

The Following User Says Thank You to EricDeem For This Useful Post:
mrdean78 (November 3rd, 2015)
Old November 3rd, 2015 Nov 3, 2015 3:39:04 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I agree with Dekay 317, digital printing is a technique beautiful but with its problems.
But I noticed very often that you pay too much for what you get.

There are printers good or bad, in my opinion, but there are those simpler, more complete and more reliable for management systems used.
I had the opportunity to use many brands of printers, from the most famous to the less famous, and I noticed that the difference is not seen, even in some cases the less popular had a lot more attention to detail, performance and much more quality.
The assistance is a key point for everything that you buy, but we must also say that if a product works well and is good, assistance is less necessary, and must also be possible to effect by the user and not only by technicians, " because if it is a day off and technicians are not available? ".
now for the spare parts, the couriers do miracles, buy in USA today and after two days the product arrive Europe.

I end by saying to Streamland, which under 10k, you can find printers, new and used, good and bad, but they there are.

Old November 3rd, 2015 Nov 3, 2015 6:59:47 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bill

This is such a tough question to answer, I use an Anajet MP5i and if you read the forums, this is the worst machine on the market, but ... I have never had a problem that was machine related aside from the occasional hang up and even then I beleive it's something to do with my rip settings. You really need to look at each machine and draw your own conclusions. I love my Anajet however I have never worked with anything else

Old November 4th, 2015 Nov 4, 2015 5:56:23 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: CD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Non of the posting here are addressing the OP question. I agree it is difficult to have a personal opinion on which printer is the best. I think all printers will perform as intended if the operator understand what it takes to keep it running. Maintenance, environmental conditions, frequency of use and most important manufacturer or seller technical and operational support. Also, you need to think if it is a modified printer or one made exclusively for garment printing. The only way someone can answer the question is if that person have operated or own multiple brands to give an educated opinion.

Most of us will say that the one we own is the best if we have had few issues and/or the worse if we have had problems. One indication of how to conclude which one is the best for you is to read the posts about those printers. You also need to take into consideration that most posting here have to do with problems with the printers, complaints about support and difficulty of maintaining consistency with the prints. Prices of the actual printer, inks, cleaning solutions, parts and extended warranties also plays an important part but should not be the deciding factor if your printer is for the most part trouble free. If you consider the cost of downtime, sending the printer to the seller or manufacturer, wasted ink and cleaning solution, wasted shirts, parts and frequency of changing capping stations, tubes, cables, heads and service calls, paying for the higher cost of inks if not so bad if your printer gives you little trouble if any.

I have owned the Brother GT 381 for about three years now. I don't print a lot of shirts and aside from having to change 4 heads, all in last 3 month the printer have performed superbly well. I have done some repairs to it like unclogging tubes below the capping station, reattach a couple of tubes coming out the capping station which it happens rarely and changing filters and heads, but beside that nothing also have gone wrong. If you are a little mechanically inclined most of those things are easy to do.

Technical support is always there and their understanding of the printer and its symptoms is a plus when troubleshooting any issue you are having. They will help you anyway they can to get you going.

The printer is pricy as well as the inks, cleaning solution and parts so I would say that economically is a washout but less stressful than having a lot of downtime, wasted shirts and inks and dealing with an unresponsive customer support that will not help you without having to spend a fortune to fix your printer including having to send it back because they are unable to troubleshoot it by phone or email or Skype.

Get a list of the printers you are interested. Those under 10K and those over that amount. Search this forum for each specific printer and write down the pros and cons, issues people are having and praises.Technical support including if it is a paid or a free one.
Once you have an understanding of which way you would like to go try to attend a trade show or two see the machines in action.

It is all about how you educate yourself with the resources available online including this forum.

Just my 2 cents.

CD
zerg71 likes this.

Old November 4th, 2015 Nov 4, 2015 8:03:15 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Siobhan

Its not an R-Jet thats for sure, terrible machine.
Kornit can be good but expensive

Old November 4th, 2015 Nov 4, 2015 8:03:37 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Siobhan

Anajet is another one might be worth looking at

Old November 5th, 2015 Nov 5, 2015 12:05:30 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

The questions shouldn't be "what is the best DTG printer" but rather "what is the best DTG printer for ME" - “What is the Best DTG Printer?” -vs- “What is the Best DTG Printer for ME?” | DTG Print Solutions

Old November 5th, 2015 Nov 5, 2015 2:36:36 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Do your research first.

I have 2 Spectra's w/ a back-up modular, so I can always repair or send in just the print engine for service and always be printing. Also consider an auto pretreater it will help greatly in getting a smooth even print.

Last edited by Island Designs; November 5th, 2015 at 02:44 AM..

Old November 5th, 2015 Nov 5, 2015 11:54:12 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Wink Re: Best DTG machine

As you put the names of some brands, so I try to be myself more understandable.
Machines that have come to be used are MAPI, brand smallest of Brother and competitors alike.
I must say that as all printers dtg, they need to know how to use, but not so much the car but the technique of direct print.
I have two machines, a Brother GT381 and a MAPI Butterfly v2, I'm glad of both machines, but the GT3 I left only CMYK, and instead use the other CMYK and white. Now I'm buying the second Butterfly, because it guarantee quality prints with high speeds. considered that both machines print in the same amount of bosses in one hour. In the prints with very nuanced and complex, the definition of Butterfly is really good.
Support for both printers is good,with phone, remote connect, or email.
Low operating costs for Butterfly, because maintenance are reduced to a minimum, and low cost of purchase.
In addition, I was also taking into account the new MAPI Infinity, price a little higher (since 40k), but with heads Industrial. Think I saw a video with large print approximately 11.8 "x19,6" in just 28 seconds.

I hope I have made my contribution in your choice

Old November 14th, 2015 Nov 14, 2015 9:40:38 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamland
whats the best dtg machine for 10k and under?
I would think that the Spectra DTG would fit into this category. Seems to be a bunch of happy Spectra owners in here. He asked about machines 10K and under, not 20K, 30K machines.

This is a discussion about Best DTG machine that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in