Heavy-Duty Cleaning Fluid for DTG - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Heavy-Duty Cleaning Fluid for DTG

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 30th, 2011 Oct 30, 2011 6:42:19 AM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: iwane
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Heavy-Duty Cleaning Fluid for DTG

the problem may caused different simple green,there is using amonia or not

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2011 Oct 30, 2011 7:41:05 AM -   #47 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

A warm cleaning solution is far more effective. Windex can be used but it needs to be the original without additives. I.e. no wax. Dilute 50% distilled water. A good sub for commercial cleaning solution is 10% ethylene glycol, 10% propolyene glycol and 80% distilled water. These are by weight.

Old October 30th, 2011 Oct 30, 2011 1:00:59 PM -   #48 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: TIM

The home made solution I was told about was windex, ammonia and vodka. Seems to work very well. I'll have to check the windex if they have changed the formula

Old October 30th, 2011 Oct 30, 2011 7:37:57 PM -   #49 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoger
The home made solution I was told about was windex, ammonia and vodka. Seems to work very well. I'll have to check the windex if they have changed the formula
Is the Vodka for you?

Old October 30th, 2011 Oct 30, 2011 8:16:14 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: TIM

Sometimes I feel like it should be.

Old October 31st, 2011 Oct 31, 2011 10:40:32 AM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

for the best result dont use the cleaning solution more than 30 minutes

Old October 31st, 2011 Oct 31, 2011 10:59:56 AM -   #52 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Vodka,
Why not use everclear?
seriously....... I've heard many warnings about isopropyl not being a good thing to use a lot of in the head. Not sure about methanol, but I've seen first hand what denatured alcohol will do to plexyglass and certain plastics. Simple green and Windex come in several formulations. My choice is warm distilled water with clear non-foaming ammonia added in (just a dash) just before you use it. It's cheap, it's easily sourced, it jets, and it's worked for me without issue for over a year.

Old November 1st, 2011 Nov 1, 2011 8:54:59 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

thanks Z...what kind clear do you used, i think that use Isoprophyl alcohol too maybe just a little

Old February 22nd, 2012 Feb 22, 2012 10:41:06 PM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jonathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunro
Now, if only someone would come up with a good bagged-ink conversion kit (Mod-1 style) for the 4880, we'd be in even better shape.
I'm working on one now. I've got a separate thread for it.

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-...g/t179531.html

Last edited by JonWye; February 22nd, 2012 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: forgot to post link to corresponding thread

Old February 22nd, 2012 Feb 22, 2012 10:44:12 PM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
A warm cleaning solution is far more effective. Windex can be used but it needs to be the original without additives. I.e. no wax. Dilute 50% distilled water. A good sub for commercial cleaning solution is 10% ethylene glycol, 10% propolyene glycol and 80% distilled water. These are by weight.
Any new thoughts or discoveries with regard to making your own cleaning mixture. I've started a thread about it where I am hoping DTG owners will chime in on what they know with regard to creating a cleaning solution that matches what dupont puts out.

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/t164079.html

Old August 16th, 2012 Aug 16, 2012 11:11:02 AM -   #56 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Grant

The ligfht pink cleaning solution has no sub butaols in it and is very safe on print heads. When doing a flush it should be watered down with de mineralised water by 15:1. As a normal cleaning solution and for ptuin gito capping station is is very good for stopping the head clogs. Also after this goes through the pump assembley etc and i have pulled a few apart after it they are like new and the lines etc are very clean. It will actuall soften and slowly disolve the water base inks that are built up with damaging any other parts. Windex and alcahol please avoide it. As a test grab a new syreieng and put alchohlol in ti and leav then see how easy it is to pull after that? It firm s up alot as the rubber dries up more and hardens same as for windex. So just imagine what is happening to the pump assembley and the rubber seals o the capping station. To save money spend a bti and get the correct stuff. You will save on print heads etc in the end. For example my Viper is a early 2009 model and is only on its second print head. I have done alot of testing on the new cleaning solution and pulled aprt the capping station etc when repalced and it was so clean inside and all parts still moved freely. Know i have not doen a capping station replacement since the first service over 2 years ago. I only go through about 1lt of cleaning fluid every 2.5 months. I flush all out with samll bit of cleaning solution just enough to go into lines then H20 till clean a little wipe over all ruubbers etc with the cleaning solution and finally put the cleaning solution in the capping station before homing the print head after a days work, Probably use 15ml a day of it max. Cheap insurance

Old August 16th, 2012 Aug 16, 2012 11:21:38 AM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

What pink cleaning solution are you talking about. Your logic is sound, but you did not mention what you actually use. A homemade cleaning solution or an off-the-shelf one.

Old August 16th, 2012 Aug 16, 2012 11:44:54 AM -   #58 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Throw a shrimp on the Barbie. Do not confuse alcohol with glycol. Glycols tend to keep things from evaporate slowly while alcohols evaporate rapidly. All in moderation. Word of caution. Putting a few drops in the capping station at night helps but filling the capping station can cause unwanted ink migration between channels or even empty your ink into the waste, all of it!!!!

Old August 16th, 2012 Aug 16, 2012 12:19:32 PM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

The Fluid i use is the pink one of the shelf purchased

Old August 16th, 2012 Aug 16, 2012 12:23:06 PM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
Throw a shrimp on the Barbie. Do not confuse alcohol with glycol. Glycols tend to keep things from evaporate slowly while alcohols evaporate rapidly. All in moderation. Word of caution. Putting a few drops in the capping station at night helps but filling the capping station can cause unwanted ink migration between channels or even empty your ink into the waste, all of it!!!!
Yes and i have heard of a few fully syphened inks containers before. If you are going to flood the you need to nlock of waste ink tank line and also ink lines, but turn machine off. I do this when going away for a week or so to save flushing machine and then when back 1 head clean and all is good. I just put wims on a seperate timer plug so it runs twice a day for 20 mins.

This is a discussion about Heavy-Duty Cleaning Fluid for DTG that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in